1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 NBA draft, who to pick?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by rocketblaze, Aug 28, 2009.

?

2010 NBA draft, who goes #1?

1. John Wall

189 vote(s)
    86.3%
  2. Derrick Favors

14 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. John Henson

3 vote(s)
    1.4%
  4. Ed Davis

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  5. Other

11 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

<br>
    You realize that Tyreke Evans is avg like 20/5/5 and leading the Kings, right?

Griffin and Evans are very good
    Harden is good
    Thabeet is a fail
    Rubio is M.I.A.

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Where does Bradley out of UT project if he comes out?

3. nrahman2443

nrahman2443 Member

4. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

He's not projected to come out this year... but I would guess high to mid second round at this point... maybe low first round, but that's less likely.

He's projected near lottery if he waits until after his sophomore year.

5. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wow ....

6. Hayesfan

LOL just smile and wave boys, smile and wave.

7. Shaud

Shaud Member

lol Other than Wall do you think any of the other UK boys will leave early? I know Patterson is graduating early.

8. Shaud

Shaud Member

I was shocked he came back when Teague and Johnson declared for the draft last year. Aminu was the most talented player on that team.

9. Hayesfan

I think Cousins may, depending on how far we get into the tournament he could end up being a lotto pick as well. The rest should stay.

My guess is after this season we lose the seniors (Ramon, Perry, & Krebs), PPat and John... and if we make the final four Big Cuz as well.

So we should have a lot of scholarships to offer. Five, maybe six more kids in the next recruiting class. So far we have only one commit :) but most of the 2010 "big dogs" are still deciding. Going to be an interesting late signing period.

10. SweedishHamma

SweedishHamma Member

John Wall is an amazing talent but he isn't very smart with the ball. He will develop, but he isn't going to have a great assist/turn-over ration for a few years.

To the Kentucky fan, you will lose Wall, Patterson, any seniors you have, and you will also lose Cousins. It doesn't matter if you make the final four or go to the NIT like last year. Cousins is gone.

Also, I think the Rockets should be looking at someone like Cole Aldrich who has NBA size and should be a good rotational player and a more than capable backup to Yao. I'd also throw out the Xavier Henry. He's putting up the exact same numbers as Wall while playing with two pre-season 1st-team All-Americans, except Henry plays roughly 8 minutes less per game and doesn't have the ball in his hands every play. Oh, and he has an NBA ready body and is a pure wing scorer.

Also, Bradly isn't the best NBA prospect on the UT roster, but he will be an NBA player.

11. Shaud

Shaud Member

Thanks, With Calipari I expect us to have a real good recruiting class every year.

I think we should take the SEC. I could see Tennessee giving us problems though with their experience. It seems like Tyler Smith and Wayne Chism has been in school for about 6 years.

12. SweedishHamma

SweedishHamma Member

Kentucky shouldn't have trouble with the SEC because it's the worst "power" conference. If you look at the Kempom ratings, Kentucky isn't close to a top 5 team. Offensive efficiency is fine for them, but your defensive efficiency ratings are barely top 50. Kentucky allowed over 1 pt/possession to a few teams ranked outside the top 150.

Also, Calipari's image took a major hit after having his second team and school vacate their best season. If you've followed the recruitment of any of the major recruits UK has targeted at some point this year, you'll know some of the interesting and disparaging quotes by recruits such as Doron Lamb, Josh Shelby (and mother), Brandon Knight, and Harrison Barnes. Also, if you've followed Calipari at all through his previous stints, aside from vacating wins, his best seasons came when the competition was down. This point is obvious when you examine the teams that left CUSA and followed that up with his connection to World Wide Wes. I'm not going to say anything about Wes because nobody really knows. All I'm saying is that Kentucky is going to be very, very upset prone come March if they don't improve their defensive efficiency ratings.

13. Hayesfan

I agree that the defense has to improve, but I don't think it's as desperate as you sound here. In fact I see improvement each game. They still make some stupid mistakes that have me smh, but they are getting better.

Following recruiting is new to me, but the guys that follow UK recruiting don't seem worried at this point, so I'm not going to worry either. ;)

14. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

If the Rockets land with a pick around 24ish, i'd be glad if we picked up this guy:

[​IMG]

15. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

Me too. Hook 'em.

16. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

They'd need a fork lift... :rolleyes:

I think the Rockets should consider going after James Anderson out of OKState. The guy looked impressive today against KSU, brought his team back with a 30 pt effort.

17. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I wasn't evaluating anyone on that part of my post.

Fourth picks were generally orange during the 2000s so i color coded Evans as so.

18. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

we could do some minor trades to get the 24th pick.... ;)

PS. 1,000 post

--RB

19. mbe1996

mbe1996 Member

Demarcus cousins is currently 8th in Chad Forde's latest mock draft...
    He is the best center in college basketball this year. He would make a great backup to Yao. He would give this team some needed attitude :mad:

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I probably gotta update this thread(probably around lottery day), I made this thread prior to the season, I thought Davis and Henson were going to have better season than what they've had....

However I still likes Henson's potential, so if he were to declare for the 2010 NBA draft I wouldn't hesitate to take him at our position, even though some people would disagree.. :grin:

--RB