1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Houston Dynamo offseason thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by desi tmac91, Oct 21, 2010.

1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Player lottery for Cody Arnoux is today, he could be of some help to the Dynamo if they win it.

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I love that the Dynamo are trying to get back to their old ways of solid defensive and midfield play. The players they are trying to acquire will go far in giving this team the edge they had when they were winning championships. If they can close the deal with Camargo, with the additions they made through the draft, and the Jamaican player they acquired, I think we may see the Dynamo playing for the Eastern Conference title in the next 2 years.

3. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

just kidding.

it's now 3-0 on three set pieces.

5. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

All the banners you see around the field I put up yesterday. Even got to see FC Dallas practice yesterday. It was pretty cool. But Corpus sucks so much.

6. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I agree but unfortunately the Camargo deal fell through.

Just 6 months ago AEG told the dynamo to find sign a big time DP and now we still have nothing to show for it. Its depressing but I'm still confident in the Dynamo to get something done eventually, maybe we will see something in the summer?

Anyways I'm still excited to see Will Bruin and Kofi Sarkodie on the field, how have they looked so far? I haven't been able to catch any of the games recently. Personally I think both could be all-stars in a few years (biased).

7. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

I highly disagree. They still have some major holes up front and midfield. If Ching goes down they are screwed. Not much creatively in midfield but I can dig what they've done with the back four. Sarkodie will be a stud at RB (which will shine a greater light on Chabala and his play which I'm not high on) and the CB position should be better served this season but midfield and upfront are worries, not defensively since Geoff and Lovell are both solid players if played in the holding role but offensively they are lacking.

And I do not trust the Dynamo and Dom Kinnear when it comes to scouting talent from Latin/South America. We'll see how the season goes.

8. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I asked Glenn Davis about our DP situation and here was his response:

9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

anyone know where I can find highlights of the game vs Dallas

10. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

There will probably be some on the Dynamo site in the next few days, but there's nothing there yet.

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

So much for retirement...

12. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

I realize this is only preseason but it feels good to able to say that we're undefeated this far into it. 2 more weeks till the season opener. :)

In other news, the Dynamo have resigned Oduro.

13. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Sorry for the bump.

So bro, how was the Dynamo viewing party vs Sporting last Sunday? You had fun there?