1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2010 Houston Dynamo offseason thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by desi tmac91, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

2. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

3. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So happy to see it finally happen. It looks great, especially compared to some other MLS stadiums. The outdoor architecture keeps it from looking like the SSS cookie-cutter.

The true advantage here is location. We could have had a stadium nicer than Red Bull Arena if the Dynamo had given in and built the stadium in the suburbs at the expense of the fan base. Props to them for knowing the whole time that to succeed in Houston, they had to be downtown.

4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Exactly, and it's things like that that make this such a well-run organization. They understand what it takes to succeed, and they do whatever it takes to get there. Even though they had a subpar season, I never lost faith that they would bounce back soon. And now, with the incredible off-season they've had so far, plus the unveiling of the new stadium, I have a feeling that Houston is going to be celebrating an MLS championship again very soon.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Stadium really looks great

The only real difference is the name of the sponsor, they pretty much look like they always have

6. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

I like the Jersey. I'm not crazy about the collar though. I like the design within the jersey. Reminds me of Nike Olympic basketball jerseys.

7. Astro101

Astro101 Member

It's too shiny for my tastes. But I love the collar. It's so classy.

8. blathersby

blathersby Contributing Member

Hurl. Vomit. Spew.

The home jerseys are just embarrassing, and the collar looks like a little boy's sailor uniform.

The away jerseys look like crappy knockoffs of the LA Galaxy jerseys. They've gone from one of my all-time favorites (white stripe) to my all-time least favorite (except for any jersey that says "jazz").

9. Fyreball

Seriously, of all the prototypes, they picked the worst ones. Why do teams insist on keeping that stupid collar?? It doesn't add anything to the look, and it makes any fan who's wearing the jersey look like a doof. Also, why did they do away with the blue stripe?? I dug it.

10. Berkmaniac

Berkmaniac Member

Don't forget that the Dynamo open their pre-season schedule with a scrimmage tomorrow morning at 10 at HBU!

11. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

As a player, I've always liked having a collar. I figured it looked better. Never really thought about it from a fans POV. I agree that the jerseys are, well, a step down from what they had. I have last year's jersey and I like it a lot. I just joined a new team that wears orange and I'm hoping I get to wear my own. But these new ones do not make me want to buy another. I'd be willing to bet that they see jersey sales go down this year and they make a change back to something similar to last season for 2012.

12. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

Personally, I thought last year's design was terrible, and anything is an improvement. The current ones are probably my favorite so far with the original ones being close behind.

At games it seems like 2007-2008 is most popular, I think 2006 would be up there if we wore them longer and thy were more available. I know myself and a lot of people I know skipped the last design.

13. DrLudicrous

14. Fyreball

From everything I've read, this is a pretty solid pick-up. He should shore up our defense nicely.

Has there been any news on the Brazilian acquisition? Is this something that we're gonna have to wait out for a long time??

15. Fyreball

See, me and you are opposites. I despised the collar as a player.....I've always preferred the simpler V-necks or round necks.

16. DrLudicrous

Today's Groupon deal is a five game pack and a scarf for $75.

We now know his name is Luiz Henrique Camargo and he's a defensive mid for Parana Clube, no real news about a contract though. I was hoping for a more attacking player, but a Brazilian defensive mid is probably more creative than most American offensive mids.

http://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1653770

17. Torn n Frayed

Torn n Frayed Member

So does anyone know the fate of the bulidings around the new stadium? The reason I ask is there is a buliding used for bands to practice in, I am in one there, that is right on the other side of Mc Kinney st. and I am thinking it's could be torn down.

18. DrLudicrous

It should be fine, the stadium property ends at Walker street and all of the land is already cleared so they shouldn't have to tear down any other buildings. There is a proposal for a shopping area that would extend across McKinney but I don't know how likely that is to happen or how soon it would happen.

19. DrLudicrous

20. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

The Brazilian is revealed.

Translated article:

Thoughts?