1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2009 NFL Draft Prospects

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by gucci888, Nov 10, 2008.

1. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

1. No, both Cody and Mcgee had more touches in terms of rushing. Fozzy nearly did too but he was injured. If you meant catches and rushes, then you are correct but....
    2. He only caught alot of balls because we had injuries. He had two good games, which was against Colorado and OU. Other games, he did subpar.
    3. He is a good receiving back, similar to Kevin Faulk. He isnt a big power back. Cody Johnson is a big power back. Ive seen plenty of UT games (all home games) and Ogbonnaya was a decent starter, but he is not a power back that can pick up blocks. In passing situations they brought in McGee more often than Ogbonnaya.

2. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

1. I did mean catches and rushes. I brought this up because you said he does not have durability which I still don't see how you came to that conclusion.

2. What do you mean he only caught a lot of balls because we had injuries? Look at how many catches per game he was getting compared to McGee and Fozzy, he was getting the ball thrown to him 5-7 times a game.

Also, I really don't like looking at total yards for games because as you know, we had 3-4 backs playing a game so nobody's numbers are going to look great. With that said, Chris had the 2 best single game performance but more importantly IMO, he had the best ypc and ypr.

3. Cody Johnson is absolutely a powerback but fortunately for us (Texas fans), he'll be coming back for the next 2-3 years. I'm sure you've seen plenty of game but I haven't missed a single game in...I can't even tell you when was the last time I missed a game. Also, I don't know how you're saying McGee was brought in more in passing situations, that's simply not true. Chris was the only back that could catch and he was by far our best pass blocker, he was pretty much in on every passing play that had a RB in the set.

Like I said, I'm not saying we spend a 3rd or 4th rounder on him, I'm saying he's worth a shot as an undrafted FA. He has good size and runs hard, he's also good at pass blocking. We don't need a feature back, we just need a good compliment that can take on some blocks and get the tough yards when we need it.

3. kona-

kona- Member

Umm? Dumb.

You dont replace the best proven WR from the NFL with a unproven (In the NFL) college stud.