1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2007 loss vs Utah or 2005 loss vs Dallas

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 16, 2015.

?

Which series was the worst?

1. Utah Series was the worst

29 vote(s)
    35.8%
  2. Dallas Series was the worst

32 vote(s)
    39.5%
  3. They are same level of worst

20 vote(s)
    24.7%
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Yes, indeed. We should have beaten the Utah Jazz. I really dislike the Mavs, but whenever we lose to Utah it makes me feel worse, even after all these years.

2. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

i was courtside for that game 7 and it still hurts but its the same as the dallas series for me. They both sucked bc we couldve went all the way those years along with the year yao and deke went down in the playoffs.

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

I have not forgotten about the Dallas loss. The bad taste is ever so slightly in my mouth. We need to blow the Mavs out, put a dent in Dirk's legacy (sorry, I know), and have JET pull the assshiat he pulled on us in 05 on the Mavs. It would be sweet justice. It would be Rocky triumph after the setbacks in the finale. It would be Okinawa after Pearl harbor.

OTOH, I dont even remember the circumstances of the Jazz loss. I just remember Boozer killed Yao with the high arching fade aways of his.

4. AXG

AXG Member

Both hurt, but that Utah series had me tossing and turning all night.

5. Turbo

Turbo Contributing Member

I am still not over the '97 loss to the Jazz....

F'n bearhuggin Malone :mad:

To the question at hand, the loss to the Mavs was rough. Yao/ TMac were in their absolute prime (in hindsight) and we had the supporting cast in place that complemented them well.

The '07 loss sucked, just because it was to the Jazz, but I've always felt '05 was more of a missed opportunity.