1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2007 Free Agents?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RNuss02, Jul 15, 2006.

1. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

I'm not ready to give up on this offseason, but I have also prepared myself that it's going to be difficult to find any more valuable pieces to the Rockets' enigmatic roster puzzle. If that's the case, and we do go into the season with the depth chart as is, I will be able to sleep much better at night knowing what kind of value the '07 free agent class holds, and what players could be available to help our club. I know the Rocket front office is screaming "win now" but with the talent and depth we currently have, that should be tough to accomplish, and we just might have to hurry up and wait for the right pieces to fall into place. I'm willing to take a wait and see approach to the season, calculate exactly what our areas of pressing need are after watching a few games, figure who on our roster is able to step up out of the shadows of Yao and Tracy and play well for us, and witness how the aforementioned stars play together throughout an entire campaign healthy. *crossing fingers, knocking on wood*

Had I the foresight to find a website with that kind of information, I would have researched the topic without first posing the question to you, but since there are some very knowledgable fans here, I ask, who will be available after the '06-'07 season, who can we realistically acquire, and what will our cap situation be (i.e. who, if anyone is coming off our books)?

Looking at the roster, I'm sure many can agree with me that we are still in need of, or will be in need of competition at the point, a starting 2 guard, depth at SF, and a legitimate starting 4 who can log a few minutes at the 5 (Mutombo is at least 50, right?). That's a lot of holes to fill. Hopefully, we can fill at least one starter's role this offseason and perhaps some of our depth concerns, so next year we are only one cent short of a dollar, rather than $.50.

2. RAID

RAID Contributing Member

3. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

some players have player option/early termination option:

Primoz Brezec Charlotte player option
    Gerald Wallace Charlotte player option
    Ira Newble Cleveland player option
    Earl Boykins Denver player option
    Eduardo Najera Denver early termination
    Chauncey Billups Detroit early termination
    Antonio McDyess Detroit player option
    Sarunas Jasikevicius Indiana player option
    Michael Doleac Miami player option
    Eddie Griffin Minnesota player option
    Vince Carter New Jersey player option
    Malik Rose New York early termination
    Keyon Dooling Orlando player option
    Pat Garrity Orlando early termination
    Kevin Ollie Philadelphia player option
    Kurt Thomas Phoenix player option
    Mike Bibby Sacramento early termination
    Michael Finley San Antonio player option
    Fabricio Oberto San Antonio player option
    Rashard Lewis Seattle early termination
    Antawn Jamison Washington player option

4. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

So your top unrestricted FAs are ...

Gerald Wallace, Antonio McDyess, Vince Carter, Kurt Thomas and Antawn Jamison.

Not shabby at all. I wonder if Chicago will throw a max offer at Vinsanity.

5. B-BallGuy

B-BallGuy Member

morris peterson is a nice unrestricted FA next year. Hopefully we can try to snag him up with our MLE, but i think toronto really likes him and will try their best to resign him.

6. H-Dub

H-Dub Member

I dont like that plan because either way we will still be over the cap and next year will only have the MLE to spend and that wont net us any of those guys.

7. opticon

opticon Member

That list is alot better looking then this years list.