1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2006 NBA Finals [Miami Heat vs Dallas Mavericks]

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by WhoMikeJames, Jun 3, 2006.

1. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Dallas fans are trying to make themselves feel better for blowing the NBA Finals by throwing Houston under the bus.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcon...stories/062106dnspomavscollapse.a5640257.html

2. KDavis

KDavis Contributing Member

[​IMG]

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

:D

Never count your chickens before they're hatched...

:p

4. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

While the oiler game was a huge collapse, I think the dallas going up 2-0 and not winning a game after that is bigger. Anything can happen in ONE game but to lose 4 games in a row while having big chances to win 2 out of 4 of those games is a bigger collapse.

5. qrui

qrui Member

agreed.

shaq was in foul trouble and got his 5th and went out with about 7 min to go and didn't come back until 2:05 mark. i remember hubie or the other guy was saying something like "they have 5 sec left to foul shaq". :D

and it showed last night how classless the whold dalas is at the end. only 1 or 2 players left behind to congrads the opposing team, and less than 1/10 of the fans stayed for the ceremony, but you can still hear the booos for d stern. :rolleyes:

6. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOO- HOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

:) :) :) :) :) :D :D :D :D :D

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ahem! :p

Do you believe it now?

8. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Anytime you trade one of the best in the game (at his position) once you just went to the Finals, then his team goes to the ECF and wins the championship, while yours goes to the lottery and is then a #7 seed, you look like idiots.

Shaq played like a mortal in the Finals (he can't dominate anymore), but he still demanded tons of attention and his presence makes life easier for D-Wade.

The smart choice would have been for someone in LA Management to not let the situation get out of control like that.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

10. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

I watched Zo's press room on ESPN, and I'm moved.

11. Major

Major Member

And Houston fans are trying to make themselves feel better about a lottery season by making fun of the Mavs for only getting to the NBA finals.

12. MadMax

nah, it's a rivalry. missing the playoffs still sucks. but if you have to miss the playoffs, there are certain teams you just don't want winning. what you're seeing here, as much as anything, is relief.

i'm relieved i'm not getting bombarded with emails and phone calls from friends in dallas this morning talking about "champ city," again. my life is a little richer having missed that.

13. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

Not really. I hate the Mavericks. I feel no pity for them. Clearly they are a better team than the Rockets but I still love my lottery bound team, and hate the Mavs with a passion. I am glad they lost.

14. Major

Major Member

I agree, but the way its coming out is that "Dallas sucks" or what not, which in fact, they do not. It's like UT fans screaming "OU Sucks" for the past 5 years when they were kicking our ass. :) I have no problem with people rooting against Dallas or being happy they lost - I just think the way people are reacting to it to be odd (saying this was Dallas' last chance, how Dirk sucks, etc). I find the psychology of how it all plays out on the board to be very interesting.

15. michecon

michecon Contributing Member

They maybe good, being in the finals and all, but they still sucks. Does that make sense? :D

16. CrazyJoeDavola

:confused:

This is a Houston Rockets fan board.

If I remember correctly, over at the Mavs BBS, they said the same things about us last year, and the year before, and they year before that .......

Its called a rivalry. Which means we always want our team to do well and our rivals, well, not to do well even if we aren't playing each other direction.

Saying things like "Mavs suck" is just smack we fans run. :)

17. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Good gosh! Actually feeling the need to clarify that Dallas is "in fact" not a sucky team ... LOL. Your "condescending correction in every post" motto has reached a new low!

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

C'mon Major... its not about basketball. Its about Houston vs. Dallas... that's all.

Additionally, the fact that this was the team that put us through hell last season when things seemed to have finally "clicked" for us, as well as the fact that its just so hard to actually like a team with an owner that complains that much, or a star player that's as disgusting as Flop-witski... gives all the more reason (although the hate would still be there, even if they were all a bunch of good guys... simply because its Dallas).

Its not just success-envy, or even Texas success envy.... you didn't see this sort of hate when San Antonio was winning, and the impending joy when they were getting knocked around by the Lakers in 03, or Dallas this year.

Also, Dallas wasn't very "supportive" of us winning NBA titles in 94 and 95... I was there right after the first one, trying to get some championship gear, and most stores said it would "be a cold day in hell before we declare houston as champions of anything..." Hearing that at a relatively young age is pretty traumatizing... and the Mavs back then were even WORSE of a lottery team, than we are now.

19. MadMax

You don't mean it literally. How about the Yankees Suck shirts all over Fenway for years? RM95 has a Braves Suck shirt that, until this year, was factually incorrect. But from an Astros' fan perspective...the Braves suck. It's not an assertion of fact...it's the statement of a fan saying, "i freaking hate the Braves!"

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Major,

Just to be clear.....FINLEY WAS 3 FEET OUT OF BOUNDS !!!

He is STILL out of bounds...

DD