1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2005 Minnesota Summer Leagues - Game 4

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dr of Dunk, Jul 18, 2005.

1. Man

Man Contributing Member

So Badiane's back to development.

Your recaps are awesome btw.

Head not at point guard. So get Stoudamire and then Head is our backup guard along with Barry. Two combosorta guards? And also Glover as well. Maybe we keep Wesley at 2 starting..or we trade for a better player.

Baxter could be a good third stringer.

2. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

DoD, I think you and some others are expecting too much too early. He is not a superstar player and it will take him time to get up to speed. The fact is he can shoot and is very athletic. That means he will be able to get his shot off successfully and his touch will come around, [i.e., he is NOT Boki]. He won't impact our team very much this year until mid to late season at best. If he was good enough to be an impact player from Day 1 he wouldn't have lasted until #24.

If we improve our backcourt this offseason, we won't need much from Head this year. I see him being like a more athletic Mike James, a ball hawk on defense without the herky jerky moves and without the selfishness on offense.

Give him some time. It's good to hear he has enough respect for the game to avoid bravado and realize he can't do it all. Perhaps this is a sign he has a good "head" on his shoulders and is likely to develop his abilities to the maximum.

3. junglerules

junglerules Member

Nate can most definitely dunk. Does anyone have a copy of that clip where he threw down a put back dunk against UH a few years back? It was insane how high that dude could get up being only 5'9"!

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Head needs time to develop. I think he has a legit chance to start in the NBA, in maybe a year or two. He has a shot; everyone hits cold streaks. Baxter should get signed as a back-up. What happened to T.Braggs?

5. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

6. micah1j

micah1j Member

7. xomox

xomox Contributing Member

chuckie hayes 5 for 5. 6 reb 2 blks.gotta like that

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Is Head being targetted by his opponents since he's the guy with the contract?

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not from what I've seen.

10. Fegwu

Fegwu Contributing Member

Wow......now that is something.

PS. I refuse to get excited about Lonny because I watched him in college. Left to me, I will prefer to give the roster spot to Toraye Braggs if it came to that. I stress that I have not seen Lonny lately but I do not expect much to have changed.........well you never know.

11. Win

Win Contributing Member

Many thanks for the updates, Dr... 4 games in 4 days (is that common?) and 4 wins (not reading much into that, but like it). I wonder if Head and others are getting fatigued? I was half expecting him and others to get a day off today. Still, the successive game days have not seemed to bother Glover and Baxter.

12. dockerland

dockerland Contributing Member

Thanks for the write up. Will be interesting to see how Head develops over the summer.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Time to wake Fegwu up :

Malick Badiane makes Lonny Baxter look like Karl Malone. :D

14. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

You bring up a good point. I didn't think about the fatigue factor for Head. Who knows. In the Long Beach summer pro league, the games were spread over something like 2 weeks. They had rest among the games there. Here in the Minnesota league, it's 5 games in 5 days.

15. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

Thanks again DoD!!
    --------------------------

Here's a recap from a Timberwolves fan:

It's from another message board, should I post a link anyways?

16. The Hungarian Rocket

17. xomox

Ndudi Ebi - sounds like a name for a star wars character.

18. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

And they said this guy would be the next coming of KG...when they drafted him..of course he needs a few years but i will start thinking of him as another high school project turned bad.

19. tedwhite

tedwhite Member

Luther Head was a bad pick with Wayne Simien available. Wayne would be a perfect backup to Stromile, but we do horrible in the draft every year so I guess i wasn't expecting things to change.

20. xomox

wayne simien might end up sucking donkey balls. you never know.