1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2005 Ford Mustang...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I've never really been a big fan of Fords, period. I've always said that if I ever want a pickup truck, I'd consider a Ford, but anything else - I'd go elsewhere. That being said, this Mustang does look nice.

As far as the Accord knocking the socks off the 2005 Mustang in terms of exterior, I dunno. I think the Accord is pretty plain-looking. I'm sure if this Mustang has a bunch of 16-30 year olds buying it, it will be bland just like the current Mustangs are because they're everywhere. But then so are Hondas. By the way, I remember you saying you liked the TL when I said I bought mine... Acura's bringing out an A-Spec model that'll be about 300hp (or so it's rumored). Performance and luxury, but it'll cost around $40k probably.

2. Woofer

Woofer Contributing Member

Is the F-1 (sp?) a one off or are they going into production? I saw this in Car and Driver a while back, that would be an awesome car.

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I don't have anything against Fords, I just find foreign cars to be superior in pretty much all facets, especially interiors.

Exterior looks are a very opinionated subject. Sure...there are some cars that are universally ugly, but most cars are hits to some and misses to others. The Accord, Camry, Taurus, etc... are all cars made to be sold to the masses, and they are made to be unoffensive to all. When you have a car that you plan to sell like that, you have to make the looks unoffensive. I, personally, love the styling of my car(Coupe, by the way). It's streamlined, and can be complimented quite well by the selection of an appropriate color.

While I like this Mustang more, I don't think it will sell as well. Sure...it will get more of the enthusiasts at the dealerships, but the styling is very different. I'm not sure how many people, especially younger people, will react to the retro styling.

I LOVE the TL. I already plan on making it my first purchase(Yes...I like looking ahead. :) Like you, I will probably give the G35 and a few other cars a look) when I start making my own money. $40K for a car with that combination of everything you could ever want is really a steal. 300 HP would be amazing, but I had heard that they were going to avoid the alternate engines, which is why they are moving toward dropping the type-s lines. You didn't drive out for much less than $40K, did you? The TL used to be a nice almost-luxury type car, but with the redesign, I would say it has definitely made the jump. 3-series, ES, and C-Class drivers have no idea what they missed out on.

4. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Driveout including TT&L was around $38k. They weren't dealing at all. The Houston dealership paid for my flight down to Houston to pick it up and threw in some mudflaps, wheel locks, and a trunk tray. They're dealing a bit more now, though. It may be hard dealing on one with a Navi unit since they're so difficult to get, but you should be able to work about $1000-$2000 or so off of a non-Navi one.

5. PieEatinFattie

PieEatinFattie Contributing Member

If your talking about the 2005 Ford GT I heard that it is going to be a very limited production, under 1000 and that they will retail around $150,000.

6. Master Baiter

Master Baiter Contributing Member

I'll take two.

7. PieEatinFattie

PieEatinFattie Contributing Member

8. cson

cson Contributing Member

Damn, that new Mustang is SEXY!

9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Are they still making Skyline GTRs or are they on a hiatus? I don't think i've seen the new Skyline (G35) style decked out in GTR trim - I know we won't get them over here, but it's fun to dream...
    That’s actually a early 90's GTR, but I thought i'd throw it in for reference. It seems all of my personal favorites have a squared off distinctive/ menacing front end (ie) late 60’s/05 Mustang, BMW M5, Skyline, etc...

10. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

ill probably get a new car this summer if all goes well. seeing as how ill have this car for quite a while, these are what ive come up with:

2005 mustang
    1983 Dalorean :D (id drive everywhere 88mph. hover converson possible)
    hybrid civic (650 miles a tank. would be great for those austin/houston excursions or roadtrips)
    silver forerunner (took a survey of my girl friends and they say it fits me. meh)

id be a very happy thankful jon if ANY of these happened but id like some feedback

11. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

I'm not looking to buy a TL any time in the near future...I'm still in high school. It'll be years until I buy one. Hell, they might even have another re-design by then.

I looked at the TSX, but the car was virtually identical to my Accord(Superior handling/steering on the TSX), so I opted to save a good $5000.

12. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

I doubt I would ever buy a new Mustang, either, but this design gets me closer than I've ever been as an adult.