1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2005 Ford Mustang...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by KingCheetah, Jan 4, 2004.

1. Mr. Mooch

Mr. Mooch Contributing Member

I'm amazed how similar it looks compared to the classic models.

Which reminds me to call my Mustang dealer; still no rear brake line. :mad:

2. Fatty FatBastard

I agree. My first car was a white '66 289 coupe. Man did I have fun in that car. So much so that my next car was a black '87 5.0 convertible.

This car may bring me back to my roots.;)

Also, wouldn't it be great if they made this car a 2004 1/2? 40 years after the original?

My telekinetic powers say yes.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That was Ford's intent when designing the car... to go back to yesteryear while still being modern. I think the design looks good.

4. Mr. Mooch

It's great, because the past 10 year or so models look identical with that awkwardly huge bumper and unirearlight.

5. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

My friends at the South Texas Mustang Club put up this photoshop of the possibilities...and someone tell me that this car is not going to be one of the hottest rides out there...

[​IMG]

6. bamaslammer

bamaslammer Contributing Member

That's nice. By the way, the Mustang we built for my cousin, it ran like a champ and she loved it.

7. Falcons Talon

Falcons Talon Contributing Member

That's awesome. After I fixed up my stang, that family can't get enough of it. We go everywhere in my car!!! Mustangs are the only cars I've owned, and I don't see that changing anytime in the future. I've been hunting for a supercharger for my 'stang, and I was going to use my income return to pick one up, but I have a to purchase something else that is a little more pressing right now...I still have to install some GT40 heads and a set of BBK Longtube headers that I have sitting in my garage. I was going to work on it this vacation, but I hurt my shoulder and have been going to physical therapy for the last two weeks...the doc thinks I tore a rotator cuff...I have an MRI coming up this week...:rolleyes:

8. bamaslammer

Hope your shoulder is feeling better, you will need that to turn some wrenches. I like them because they are so easy to work on compared with a Porsche, which was designed by sadist Germans who want only their masochist techs working on their cars. :D

9. Rocket104

Rocket104 Contributing Member

When I got into an accident, the body shop guy said that silver is a very difficult color to paint match because of fading. Black is a safer bet.

And I now think black is the cooler color. :D

10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Ford really hit one out of the park this time - I like the car much better with some classic looking rims instead of those chrome jobs.

I don't really care for the new Corvette that much, Chevy should have gone for a retro look instead of the ultra modern style. I think Pontiac missed with the new GTO as well - looks too much like a Grand Prix.

11. bamaslammer

I agree, you can barely tell the two apart. They should have made it more distinctive looking. But I think they were limited since it is a straight from the Aussie production line product and changes to the styling were not in the cards.

12. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

If this Mitsubishi Eclipse Concept-E ever becomea available it will be awesome and I'll definitely have to take a look.[​IMG]

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I thought they just took the drivetrain from the Aussie car - at least they took off most of the Pontiac plastic, but they had to leave that bird nose grill...

14. bamaslammer

[​IMG]

As you can see, the GTO is a minimal change version of the Monaro. My favorite Holden is this one. GM, we want a new El Camino with an LS2 plant, please!

[​IMG]

15. Mr. Mooch

16. bamaslammer

I forgot to add, the drivetrain of the Monaro is the same LS1/LS2 V-8 that powers the Corvette, the now-defunct Z28/Trans-Am/Firebird Formula twins, the Cadillac XLR and the Cadillac CTS-V.

17. bamaslammer

18. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Anyone else not really like the Mustang(New or old)? My Accord knocks the socks off a similarly priced Mustang in exterior(My opinion), interior(Highly - held opinion), and performance(Fact).

I do like the new looks better, and I will probably have a higher opinion of the car when I don't see 50,000,000,000 190 HP versions parked in the school parking lot. If you want a sports car, get one with some power.

SJC, I would go with the silver, especially since it's a company car. Noone finds silver offensive.

19. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

That I know for a fact. I had a wreck in Houston in my silver A4, and the paint on the repaired portion was very close, but if you looked, it was not an exact match.

20. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Support Australia - buy a GTO. :)