1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2004/2005 Astros

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Orange, Jul 21, 2014.

1. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

OPs handle is ironic because this comparison is apples to oranges.

Good basketball teams are built around superstars, the elite 5 or 6 players in the league. Baseball is built around consistency at every position, definitely including some all-star hitting, and solid pitching. I feel like baseball also has much more of a luck and timing factor than basketball - I think back to the Grizzlies a couple of years ago and how hot they were in the playoffs, yet they still didn't even sniff a title. A team can get hot in baseball and go on to win it all despite being "less talented" than other teams.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What about all the so called "athletic" players with paunches which is a common occurence in baseball? You'd be hard pressed to find those in basketball. To each his own, but to me baseball is not an athletic sport, pales in comparison to the basketball

3. xAliceInChains

[youtube]L1eS7462aps[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  4. Orange

Orange Member

And they said I was crazy.

5. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

....some fans have an inferiority complex with other sports. The ones that complain that there is not enough Rockets talk on sports radio when it is around-the-clock Rockets talk at the moment.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Well, it turns out that Capela was brandon backe. Let's hope they have different career arcs