1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2002 movie releases

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by A-Train, Jun 3, 2001.

1. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

It's a little early, but here are some interesting movies scheduled for 2002 as I scanned through imdb.com

The Adventures of Fartman (Jim Carrey as Fartman??)

The Assumption of a Virgin (any movie with the word "virgin" in the title has to be cool)

Basic Instinct 2

Batman: Year One (prequel?)

Blair Witch 3 (yawn)

Exorcist: Dominion

H.R. Puf N Stuff (Looking back through TV History websites, I just found out that the show WASN'T a cartoon...guess that dates my age...)

Jason X (Jason Voorhies killing people on a space station...god help us all...)

Kill Bill (Written, produced, and directed by Quentin Tarantino...Uma Thurman plays a hooker that was shot by her pimp, portrayed by Warren Beatty, then wakes up from a coma nine years later to seek revenge...Sounds like a great flick, but I know that if I woke up after a nine year long coma, I'd be more worried about finding a breath mint or wondering if my pants were still in style...)

The Matrix Reloaded (maybe by then, I'll finally get the plot to the first one)

The Memoirs of Elizabeth Frankenstein

Men in Black 2

Return to Sleepaway Camp (2002 must be the year of the slasher sequel)

Scooby Doo (Sarah Michelle Gellar as Daphne?? Oh, hell yeah, gimme some of those scooby snacks....)

Showtime (a spoof of buddy cop movies with Eddie Murphy and Robert DeNiro...looks like it could be a sleeper hit)

Star Trek X (does anybody care anymore?)

Star Wars: Episode II

Terminator 3

Tron 2.0 (might set the record for longest gap between sequels)

True Lies 2

And, of course, my personal favorite...Untitled Monica Lewinsky Documentary...Starring Monica Lewinsky as herself!! Trust me, I could not make that up...Too bad Phil Hartman can't protray Bill Clinton

Since I'm a Quentin Tarantino fanatic, I'll probably be looking forward to Kill Bill the most

Oh well, see ya at the movies...

------------------
    If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!!

[This message has been edited by A-Train (edited June 04, 2001).]

2. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Although the date has been getting knocked around, Jason X most likely will get an October 2001 release. If anyone else if ever looking for present or future film information chud.com and all it's appendages are where to go.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams and Lisa Malosky fan club.

My Mockumentary

atheistalliance.org

3. vj23k

vj23k Contributing Member

Some that I will definitely want to watch are:

True Lies 2-First one at least kept me awake, unlike some of the more recent movies I have seen

Star Wars:Episode II-I enjoyed Episode I alright, might as well check out both of its sequels

Men In Black 2-Will Smith movies are always funny, besides Bagger Vance at least

Matrix Reloaded-First on was very um...Interesting? The Plot was slightly above mediocre at best, but still fun to watch.

Batman:Year One-Hell, might as well, The First four were okay, and pretty action-filled.

I don't really know anything about the rest of those movies, so won't know what to watch.

The Year of the sequels?

Wow, 6 highly anticipated sequels in one year.

I'll probably pass on Terminator 3, just because of Schwarzangger's acting.

------------------
    Never Underestimate the Heart of a Champion

4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

A- Train, what about the films slated for the rest of 2001? Have you heard of Double Whammy, Phone Booth, or Hedwig and the Angry Inch? they should all be out by autumn.

------------------
    fitter, happier more productive
    comfortable
    not drinking too much eating well (no more microwave dinners and saturated fats)
    sleeping well (no bad dreams)
    no paranoia
    fitter, healthier and more productive
    a pig
    in a cage
    on antibiotics

5. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I heard from someone that the next Batman movie (I assume they meant Batman: Year One) was going to be by a different director than the last few, and was actually going to resemble the first two in that it will be dark and serious with no bull****.

Anyone know if this is true? Are they going to bring back Tim Burton? That would be cool.

------------------
    What is daylight savings time? And if we are saving so much of it, who's got it all?
    - Mike Warnke

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

What about RED DWARF the movie, it will be a classic, assuming you have a sense of humour [​IMG] so it probably won't do well it the US [​IMG]

------------------
    "The things I enjoy most, I suck at:
    1) Sex: everything's fine until she makes noises." - Achebe

Smegs Mock Draft

7. Band Geek Mobster

I can't wait for Jason X! That's going to be so hilarious, I can only hope it will be as cool as Leprechaun in Space!

------------------
    who am I, to need you now,
    to ask you why, to tell you no,
    to deserve your love, and sympathy,
    you were never meant to belong to me

[This message has been edited by Band Geek Mobster (edited June 04, 2001).]

8. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Raven, your enthusiasm for Batman:Year One may or may not fade. The latest reports have Freddie Prinze Jr. as the actor being pursued to play Batman.

------------------

My Mockumentary

atheistalliance.org

[This message has been edited by DEANBCURTIS (edited June 04, 2001).]

9. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Urge to kill, rising... rising... rising.

That sucks ass. I hate that guy. Well, I guess I should resign myself to the fact that there will never ever be any decent Batman movies again. [​IMG]

------------------
    What is daylight savings time? And if we are saving so much of it, who's got it all?
    - Mike Warnke

[This message has been edited by RunninRaven (edited June 04, 2001).]

10. haven

haven Member

When is Lord of the Rings coming out? I know there releasing it in three parts, but I thought it was supposed to be out this June.

------------------
    A few years back on the Senate floor...
    Phil Gramm: "If Democrats could, they'd tax the air we breathe."
    Ted Kennedy (jumping up): "By God, why didn't I think of that sooner!"

Boston College - NCAA Hockey National Champions 2001

11. PhiSlammaJamma

Also, USA today reported that after Jason in Space, they will quickly release Jsson versus Freddy. No kidding. I read it.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

12. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I hope The New Star Wars really sheds more light on the whole Saga .

------------------

13. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Haven, the Fellowship of the Ring is scheduled to be released on December 19, 2001, with the other two movies following at one-year intervals, the Two Towers around Christmas 2002, and The Return of the King around Christmas 2003.

Loads of info at theonering.net

------------------

My Mockumentary

atheistalliance.org

14. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I, for one will enjoy seeing Jason again. Yeah, the movies suck, but I loved those movies when I was a kid. [​IMG]

Freddie Jr and Batman? That is freaking disgusting. I will NEVER see a Freddie movie again(thank you again for Wing Commander DaDa [​IMG] )

I'm also looking forward to the new Halloween movie for the aforementioned reason.

Of course I'm looking forward to the more obvious movies as well. Why was there a need for True Lies 2?

------------------
    snap crackle pop

15. mrpaige

mrpaige Contributing Member

The guy who directed "Pi" (Darren Aronofsky, SP?) is slated to direct the new Batman. Apparently, he's not looking at doing Batman: Year One as his film as he recently said he still wants Clooney to play Batman.

[edit: I went to AICN where I saw this bit about Darren wanting Clooney again. Said tidbit was debunked later, so nevermind that part. And apparently it is a Year One concept they're going with. Also, AICN says Prinze isn't the favorite to play Batman, but who knows)

The thing about the Internet Movie Databse is that it is not always accurate when it comes to future films. For example, it listed "Veeck as in Wreck" as a 2000 release until very recently. But that movie was never made (and it's now listed as a 2002 release, which is also unlikely as Warners currently considers the project abandoned).

------------------
    Houston Sports Board
    Film Dallas.com
    AntiBud.com

[This message has been edited by mrpaige (edited June 04, 2001).]