1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 yr old Indian Kid Killed by Tiger. NSFL

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by AMS, Sep 25, 2014.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Who in their right mind felt pelting a tiger with rocks was the way to go?

2. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Its watchable. Nothing gory but you do see the raw strength of the tiger in the end of the video. Grabbed him and took off like it was nothing. Dumb ass security provoked it by throwing rocks at the tiger.

I think the guy was trying to pray or beg or something in the beginning

3. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

You wouldn't throw things at it to try and scare or distract it away from its prey? It's the instinctual way to try and help. Some of the people throwing stuff were just zoo visitors themselves; they can't know any better.

4. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

Its really not too graphic. Very tragic, though. He was literally swept away by that beast. RIP

5. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Watched it. Not too graphic but teaches us a couple lessons.

A couple of questions aside from the usual ones people are asking about the pelting, the lack of security, no gun, etc.:

If it's a 20-year-old kid... why did he climb or jump over?
    If it's a mentally unstable kid... someone took their eyes off him.
    If the tiger took him... was it to eat him or just to save him for later? Someone didn't feed that tiger properly. :eek:

6. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Supposedly they could have gotten tranq guns which were only a hundred feet away.

This also adds to the list of safety concerns or mishaps thats happened there with the patrons and animals.

7. srrm

srrm Contributing Member

Source: http://www.reddit.com/r/videos/comments/2hbs89/man_mauled_by_tiger_at_delhi_zoo/ckrdynr
    [rquoter]I actually have the NYT in front of me and there is an article about it on the bottom of page A6. Basically the first response "team" to show up was a guard with a baton. When he saw what was happening, he issued an SOS to other park guards. This article states that the man was in there for only 10 minutes before being killed, not 30 minutes. Take that how you will.
    Basically other guards showed up but they seemed more focused on crowd control. The tranquelizer guns were 350 ft away in the park hospital but the director of the zoo said "by the time we could organize the tranquelizer guns, the man was already dead."[/rquoter]
    Sounds like there just wasn't enough time for them to act. It's definitely an indictment on the emergency response procedures they have in place but I would say it's expected considering the money and resources available. Just not enough money to spend on proper training; the guards were probably trained the same way as a guard manning the doors of a department store; if that.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/india-news/newdelhi/white-tiger-kills-boy-inside-delhi/article1-1267420.aspx
    [rquoter]The deceased was identified as Maqsood, a factory worker and resident of central Delhi’s Anand Parbat. His parents said the 19-year-old was mentally ill and addicted to bhang.

Despite repeated warnings that he shouldn't get too close to the outdoor enclosure, Maqsood eventually climbed over a knee-high fence, through some small hedges, then jumped down 18 feet into a protective moat, said zoo director Amitabh Agnihotri.

The enclosed space is separated from visitors by a concrete ditch, with shrubs on the tiger’s side followed by a two-foot railing.[/rquoter]
    Just sucks

What other incidents have happened there recently?

8. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Well, I could clearly see there was an easy way to get in...I'm just wondering if he jumped over or fell in or how he got to that point. Sad either way.

Edit: read the post above -- I guess he jumped in.

9. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Lots of men are addicted to bhang, and you don't see them jumping in with a tiger. Hell, check the 4chan thread, you'll find them.

RIP to this guy.

10. Classic

Classic Member

Sunday looking like good zoo weather.

11. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

"All I'm saying is you got to look at this **** from the tigers mother fu*ken view point..."
    [youtube]dCwu0zN-78w[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  12. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

"Thats what the ****s supposed to happen!"

13. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I guess there's nothing that the guy could have done, but moving his arms rapidly praying couldn't have helped.

14. dmc89

dmc89 Member

India. The biggest factor most people don't realize when watching/reading about this. The additional circumstances are consequences of being in developing country: the effectiveness of the railing, the ability of the boy to injure the animal without anyone to stop him, the long response time, and so on.

15. Classic

Classic Member

All that other stuff just goes without saying.

16. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Now I know what bhang is.

As a parent, these types of stories are kind of nightmarish. Kids between 15 and 20 (with leeway on either end) just can be really really dumb. Even if not unstable and addicted to some kind of drug, it's not that crazy to think a kid might do something like this as a dare. there's all those kids now that are climbing and filming super tall buildings, etc. It doesn't matter how many times as a parent you say "hey, don't do that".... sometimes you can be the best parent and stuff just doesn't work out. I feel for his parents.

I feel for him, CLEARLY... not that there's any good ways to go, but that probably isn't one of the best. Not just the death itself, but that he was mentally unstable and being toyed with/looked at by a tiger for 10 minutes. Thinking about being in that enclosure for 5 seconds is terrifying enough.

17. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Why are there wild animals in such close proximity to humans?

18. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Not graphic at all. Nothing to fear.

Maybe the tiger wasn't real. Maybe it was just a manifestation of the person he had to be in order to survive.

19. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

It's possible the guy might have done something to trigger the tiger's reaction. Before the camera turned away, he seemed more amused by the man than anything. Almost looks playful. Once the camera came back to them, he was all over him.

20. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

That was pretty impressive.