1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 years old, willing to handicap myself financially to own a Tesla Model S.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by jacoby, Nov 30, 2015.

Tags:
  1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Like slight rattling from the sunroof and from the dashboard area. Tesla fixed both of those issues. I was also getting noise from the motor that was louder than the close to silent that it was when I first got the car. Tesla kind of fixed that problem. It's better, but still not like brand new.

I bought the car as an inventory model with 3k miles and I have 42k miles on it now.

My major issue has been with the tires (Michelin PS2) that they recommend that only get about 10k to maybe 12k miles. They are better for the efficiency and road noise, but you only get 10k miles. This means you can't drive it hard at all and I had one tire blow out even by not driving hard after 10k miles. Luckily I had just got off the freeway. When the tow guy was picking me up he noticed my other rear tire was worn down to the steel treads also, so I got pretty lucky.

I've brought this up to Tesla service multiple times and the guys there almost sounded like they are handcuffed to only recommend the PS2's which are ****. I finally got one guy to tell me he uses Firestones on his and he gets relatively normal wear on them.

2. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It's a car.

Musk is a dude.

You're a poster.

This is a thread.

Deckard likes this.
  3. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

WWEMD? He probably wouldn't commit two years' wages to the purchase of a car.

4. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Where is OP anyways? He has a thousands questions to answer in this thread.

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Yeah like whether or not he was dropped on his head as a child.

Deckard likes this.
  6. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Yup...nothing says big baller like picking up a girl in a 75K car just to take her home to Mom and Dad's house.

7. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

20 years old, willing to confirm older generations perceptions that younger generations are full of idiots.

8. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

OP is rolling in his Tesla. No time for posting on Clutchfans.

9. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm here. Read all the replies.

Some people brought up good points that I may not be accepted for a loan because I don't have close to enough money.

I've applied to a bunch of city jobs though so if I get one the first thing I'm doing is grabbing me a Model S.

To the person who mentioned wife and kids, I'll be getting a vasectomy sometime in 2016.

10. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It will take you 2 full years of working at $20 per hour to pay it off.

Assuming your whole paycheck goes to the car.

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Aren't you the guy who went to a Nets game court side while on shrooms? Explains a lot.

12. Sajan

Sajan Member

Do they make the michelin super sport in the size tesla needs? I have those on another car and I like it.

13. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

Never say never and never say forever breh.

Best of luck to you.

14. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Are Model S's iGen's M3?

15. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Take your time, youngin. You have plenty of time to overpay for a car when you hit your mid-life crisis.

16. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Isn't there a wait list? Chances it'll be a while before you can get your hand on one even if you had the funds.

Like another poster said, stack up your paper and invest in real estate. Then let that money pay for your car.

17. CourtOfDreams

CourtOfDreams Member

If I was your dad and you came home with a 75k car and then expected to live at my house while you did that you would be out on the fkn streets
    I am only 12 years older than you before I get the "get off my lawn" ****.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Blowing your financial load that early in life (when your priorities can rapidly change) for something that depreciates as fast as automotive technology is a really, really dumb idea. Buy a Prius or something with a really low cost of ownership and ride that thing into the ground for 10 years, then when you hit 30, drop dollars on a baller ass single dude car and live the dream of having a fat 401K, a healthy mortgage, a steady job, and all the poonanner your dong can handle.

19. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Maybe his dad is like 45 and freshly divorced, going through a mid-life crisis, and would love to borrow his son's Tesla occasionally for some cruising himself.

Now, that's the best idea EVAR. Get your 20yr old to buy the Tesla, hook him financially to live in your garage, and let you use the Tesla when ever you "need" it.

20. CCorn

CCorn Member

When I first graduated college I leased a Lincoln MKZ. Helped me get booty, but still a terrible decision. 2 years later I took it back to the dealer and got a cash car.