1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 million for 3 shots in the 4th Quarter Let the excuses begin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by byrdman22, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

HAHA Deke is older than dirt and can't defend consistently other than getting a few blocks and 3-sec violations per game and you're citing that as a reason we should be doing better. Maybe we should give Deke Tracy's minutes, right?

Why did he take 3 shots? I dunno. He's scored a lot less than he has tonight in wins where he relied on his team to make shots and be a TEAM.

2. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

we all know that tracy is not what he was anymore, but it's one thing to question a dude's ability, but it's out of line to question a guy's heart, especially if we can clearly see how hard he tried.

3. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Well put......

4. sook

sook Rookie

Byrdman answer me on how we can score with this lineup

BJAX (only started like 8 games in career before hou)
    Battier (needs someone to create)
    TMAC ( can get his own game going but gets doubled b.c no inside presence)
    Mutumbo ( 0= offense Waves finger and doesnt get back on defense...o and hes 50)
    Scola ( Great i like this guy)

Now look at Utah
    D-WILL (Premier PG)
    Boozer ( Premier PF)
    AK-47 ( Great offensively and defensively)
    Okur ( Great 3pt shooter + 7fter)
    Millsap (TOO STRONG out rebounded our whole team)
    Harpring (Cant stand him plays wayy too dirty)
    Korver (Premier 3 pt shooter)

5. Yao#1

Yao#1 Member

Im sure next game there will be a thread complaining that he went 9-25 and took too many shots

6. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

i can totally picture being the exact same ppl who calls t-mac selfish and caring only about himself, and me-mac everytime he shoots a poor %.

7. sook

sook Rookie

Admin/ MODS ban Byrdman he will get in TMAC's ass whether he shoots too much or too little

8. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

OK WELL I STARTED THIS THREAD TO ANSWER THE QUESTION OF WHY ARE BEST PLAYER TOOK ONLY 3 SHOTS IN THE 2ND HALF. THE ANSWER SEEMS TO BE "YOU SUCK" OR "YOUR STUPID" SO THANKS FOR THE INPUT. THAT REALLY EXPLAINS IT. YOU GUYS MAY WANT A SUPERSTAR PLAYER TO TAKE UP THAT MUCH PAYROLL AND ONLY SHOOT 3 TIMES BUT THATS NOT WHAT I WANT MY TEAM TO SPEND THAT KIND OF MONEY ON. I WANT A PLAYER WHO DOESNT GET OUT SHOT BY AARON BROOKS, LUIS SCOLA, SHANE BATTIER, OR ANYONE FOR THAT MATTER. YOU CAN PUT UP WITH MEDIOCRITY IF YOU WANT BUT I AM AN OBJECTIVE FAN. TRACYS IMAGE IS NOT JUST SOME MADE UP FAIRYTALE. ITS REAL, EVERYONE EXCEPT YOU GUYS SEE IT. HE JUST DOESNT WANT IT BAD ENOUGH. IF HE PLAYED LIKE HE DID IN THE 2ND QUARTER ALL THE TIME WE COULD WIN. ITS JUST NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

9. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

He only got up 3 shots because he was having to facilitate the whole offense while 3 other guys threw the ball to him with 2 defenders hanging on him then ran for the corner.

We desparately need to get the ball into Brooks' hands and let him break down the D and get in the lane, let McGrady play off the kid some.

10. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

yea... u r truly objective... :rolleyes:

11. sook

sook Rookie

Hmmm he seemed pretty ticked off after? ARE YOU DUMB WE TOLD YOU AND DIDNT YOU HEAR THE JAZZ #1 GOAL SAID BY THE CROOK SLOAN HIMSELF DENY TRACY THE BALL...NORMALLY YOU TAKE AWAY FROM DEFENDING OTHER GUYS BUT WHEN HIS TEAMMATES CANT KNOCK DOWN SHOTS YOUR NOT GONNA CARE AND DOUBLE AND TRIPLE HIM..

12. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

byrdman22, he was 7-18 prior to those 3 shots and if he drove he ran into Boozer/Okur/Millsap, etc.

He missed. He wasn't making the jumper so he tried giving it to the guys who were. Bjax chucked up a bunch of crap tonight and both Aaron Brooks and Bjax ignored T-Mac plenty of times when he called for the ball.

He made a lot of good decisions tonight. You can't expect him to beat the Utah Jazz on his own. No one can. Even the great LeBron got swept when he faced real competition last season. T-Mac had very little help tonight, not enough to be a talented, deep, and athletic Utah Jazz team. If he had ended up 7/25 because he took more shots you would have been calling for his head just as much as you are now.

Scola played well, but not good enough to cancel out Boozer. Dikembe played well, but not well enough to cancel out the Jazz's size or athleticism. Etc. etc. etc. We just don't have enough weapons without the Big fella down low and you know that.

13. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

Woah there son......easy on the caffeine ok...

14. sook

sook Rookie

and its kinda hard setting up the whole offense and scoring also right? Dude your ignorant beyond belief go drink a cup full of bleach to talk some sense in tah yahh

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

If stupid were a $115 a barrel, you would be the richest man in the world. Stop posting.

16. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

You guys are so weak. Why if I criticize a player it means I hate him. I like Tmac. He seems like a good guy and a good player. He just doesnt have what it takes to win a championship. But I guess I expect more than you guys do. I dont hate Tmac though I just hate he doesnt care as much as others seem to.

17. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

team was attack the rim and all together stopped leading to korver's 2 3 the other end and then it all went out of gas period.

18. Aimtsinghua

Aimtsinghua Member

T-MAC Come On!
    Why you always give the bball to other person? you must shot by yourself!
    You are the header of rockets!
    Yao back soon!

19. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

it's not the caffine.. it's something more serious than just caffeine..

20. sook

sook Rookie

What could he have done better? K...who else would set up the offense and he be able to pass to when hes doubled? You think they're worried about Deke? You think they're worried about Battier (no wonder cuz he made them pay ) scola is the only other guy they pay slight attention to..wait were we watching the same game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.