1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

20 million for 3 shots in the 4th Quarter Let the excuses begin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by byrdman22, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

Can you tell that to the Refs, when T-Mac is 25 ft from the basket and is just hammer, and had check all over and can even get a call.

T-Mac just can't get a call have been like this since he came to Houston every year he get less and less call.

I the other side Deron got a touch on him and is call a foul.

Now a 3 year players got more respect that T-mac.

2. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

Can you answer the question? No. I hope you go be a fan of whatever team we trade Tracy to because you are not objective at all. Ill ask again. Why did he only shoot 3 shots?

3. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

He doesnt get call because the refs know he doesnt fight. He breaks, takes 3 shots in the 2nd half and they can call it a night.

4. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

No one can speak on behalf of Tracy.

Maybe he wasn't feeling it and thought that letting his teammates step up would increase their chances so he deferred to them? :confused:

5. abc2007

abc2007 Member

In fact, Shane was going well in the 4th quarter, and other rockets including Tmac tried to pass the ball to him!

We didn't lost in the 4th quarter. Actually, we lost at the end of the 1ST quarter and the end of the 3rd quarter when our bench came to the floor!

Most of them are rookies and they didn't have any experience. They were just out hustle played by the jazz.

I believe they will be must better next game. Our bench do have talent!

6. ShadyMcGrady

ShadyMcGrady Contributing Member

His shot wasn't falling. If he drove he ran into Boozer or Okur or Millsap and then Hayes/Landry/whoever couldn't finish the play.

You knew this was going to happen, didn't you? They slowly found a way to double McGrady and rotate on defense. McGrady played poorly in the second half (4th quarter) but if you expected anything more from a team that is extremely out-talented then you are crazy.

I'm glad we were even in the game for the most part.

7. sook

sook Rookie

DUDE ARE YOU r****dED?!?!? TRACY WAS SETTING UP THE OFFENSE, IS HE SUPPOSED TO SET UP HIS OWN SHOT TOO WITH 4 JAZZ IN THE PAINT THE DUDE IS A SG.....YOU SOO DUMB YOUR B-BALL IQ SURPRISES ME, WE HAVE A SUMMER LEAGUE ROSTER FOR THE SAKE OF GOD

8. juanschwartz

juanschwartz Member

The reason nobody wants to answer your question is because you will marginalize anything other than the answer you want to hear. Good god man. You act like he doesn't want to play. The man has a private jet and enough money to just retire if he doesn't want to fkn play so just shutup already.

9. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

No sir even when he goes to the basket he don't get a call.

The problem T-mac doesn't flop when he is hit like Kobe, Manu, AI, etc. he need to dive and force them to call it.

10. J-Tang

J-Tang Member

TMac isn't our savior anymore. That's all there is to it. He was a freakin good player in Orlando and a few seasons ago but he is out of the loop, hes weaker and slower now. He's not one of those premier players like Kobe.

But he is the premier player of our team and he needs to act like it. 3 shots? no excuses

11. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

hey i'll tell u this, i am a t-mac fan, but i am also a yao fan, but first i am a rockets. and i told u to read my previous post, i agreed with that he probably should've taken more than just three shots, and needed to be more agressive. But you can see that he made the right decisions most of teh time, and tonight u can tell taht he played with more emotion and more drive than all year, and to call him out and say he quit on the team is uncalled for. I think u r just being a unreasonable. The key to our loss was the rebounding story, it's a collective effort on teh boards. so i'll ask you this, do you think t-mac was responsible for that too? i'm guessing that you think it's probably because t-mac quit on the team, so taht the team stopped fighting for those loose balls and rebounds right... what a joke :rolleyes:

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Shoulder surgery. I'm telling you.

13. blk5g

blk5g Member

your an idiot ok that's a little xtreme. wait iwas right the first time your an idiot for starting this thread

14. byrdman22

byrdman22 Rookie

No. You can name call all you want. We have probably the runner up in ROY. We have maybe a top 5 defensive player in the league. We have the 2nd all-time shot blocker in NBA history. We have enough on this team to win 22 stinking games in the hardest conference of all time but TMAC can only get up 3 shots in a half. So let me ask the 20 million dollar question again.

WHY DID TMAC SHOOT 3 TIMES IN THE 2ND HALF? IF HE MISSED 10 SHOTS THEN HE MISSED 10 SHOTS BUT AT LEAST HE WOULD HAVE TRIED. INSTEAD HE DIDNT THINK WE WOULD WIN WITH ABOUT 10 MINUTES LEFT AND JUST QUIT.

15. sook

sook Rookie

Someone plz lock this thread, contributing members can only do that right? And i dont know why idiots like these start stupid threads like theses anyways hopefully you can take it away from them

16. stillillmatic

stillillmatic Member

o yea, if you hate tracy so much, i hope for ur sake you go be a fan for some other team instead, cuz we don't want fans that straight up ass.

17. apocclass

apocclass Member

he was also playing the wizards, who arent even in the stratosphere as the jazz. i didnt see mr superstar lebron taking over much in the finals last year when he had a face a great defensive team. what was he doing with double and triple teams then ???

utah is a good defensive team and we don't have nearly as much talent as them, so cut the guy some slack. it would be easier to takeover if we had better talent that was an actual threat to score.

lebron is better than t-mac, but its easy to just pick out the best player in the league and say, well so and so could have done this or that.

18. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

Yes, T-Mac had a tough game. Let's face it, the guy's lost a step.

That said, he struggled for the same reason the rest of the Rockets struggled. No inside game. It's very, very tough to win a playoff game when you get outscored in the paint by double digits. A legitimate threat in the post would have opened the floor up for all the perimeter shooters. Without that threat it's going to be very, very tough to win by shooting jump shots against a tough, physical team like Utah.

I don't think T-Mac can carry a team anymore like he used to. In a perfect world though he won't have to, he'll be able to lean on Yao. The question really isn't whether T-Mac can get the team to the promised land. It's whether T-Mac and Yao can get the team there.

I hate to say, but wait for next season.

19. sook

sook Rookie

The last game against the Jazz people got on him for shooting too much...and you named 2 players, one of them being deke who is like 50 and cant do anything offensively!!! Plz you have no B-BAll IQ it takes 5, not 1 and the usual cast showed up tonight Battier, TMAC, and scola and they had like 90% of the points right?

20. ferrarif1286

ferrarif1286 Member

I dont blame it on him except that its so effective earlier when the whole team attack the basket and they stopped doing it for whatever reasons. However, we are playing without our starting pg and allstar center, which forces the 6th man to start leaving the bench very thin. If I want to point my finger to one guy for this game it has to be luther head, he didn't provid a spark but committed so many careless TOs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.