1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 years from now who's going to be better

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Possum, Feb 22, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Possum

Possum Member

Asik or Howard?

2. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

3. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Howard if healthy
    Asik if Howard is injured/donzo

having said that, Asik is a double-double machine and a top 3 rebounder. Plus he has a great work ethic and is waaaaaay cheaper, even once his contract expires, he (probably barring a major awakening) won't command max or near-max money.

Dwight is a cry baby, proven he can't work well with others, and needs the ball. Not sure the upside is that huge given all the other factors.

I would rather keep Asik and have a stud PF to help with rebounding/scoring. We may have that on the team already or else we need Love..Smith (meh)..or?

If we are getting Laker Dwight no thank you.

4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

Howard if healthy.
    Howard if not healthy.

1 person likes this.
  5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Um...

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  6. Roboman

Roboman Member

As a Rockets fan I'm gonna say Asik! But....if someone uses a whip to discipline a healthy Howard, then Howard.

7. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

really? Asik is a better or equal rebounder, and averages 6 less points, good passer. I agree, prime Howard is a top player but back-spasm, pissy howard? I take Asik. Focus the money on a stud PF

8. jocar

jocar Member

Our entire roster.

9. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

Howard unless he gets shot by disgruntled Laker fans.

10. topfive

topfive CF OG

That's your thread-starting post? Seriously? :eek:

11. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

this is seriously such a disrespected to Howard, how are you going to compare both of them players. Howard is easily an elite in this league.he's already let his championship to a finals before aSIK cam barely crack 10 points a game this is a joke thread.in 2 years he

12. Rocketboi

Rocketboi Member

and I get the homerism, I really do. I love our team as much as everybody else but when our center is not even our top 3 option in scoring how do you expect to be better than the best center in the NBA. we seriously over rate some of our players

13. thedude077

thedude077 Member

This.:)

1 person likes this.
  14. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

Nikola Vuceivic

15. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

hahaha...its not such a big deal. The whole point of fan forums is to make ridiculous arguments, trade Delfino for Lebron etc etc...if anyone is disrespectful its Dwight and his baby me-first attitutde. Kobe knows he's toxic.

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Perhaps someday Asik too will let his championship to the finals.

1 person likes this.
  17. cw3k

cw3k Member

It's all about chemistry. Howard is better than Asik on individual stats, but how is Howard stats with his teammate. Does he fit in if he is NOT the #1 option? We have see this circus in LA. I think one of the reason why Kobe adjusted to password first, score second is because Howard keep on complaining. To me, he attitude is always ME ME ME. Either ME or me not playing.

18. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I love having Asik on our team. He does so much to impact the game in small ways. For the price of his contract he possibly our 2nd most important player.

That said, even 2 years from now Howard is a complete game changer. He is elite in this league though he plays like an elite diva too. If you had to chose you always go with elite talent since they're such rare commodities in this league. You can always trade Asik to get great value back for a stud PF or any other position of need.

I like Asik more, but Howard would no doubt be better as he effects the game so much. Asik is a great supporting center but Howard can always dominate against any center in the league.

19. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

20. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Lol I thought this was gonna say Harden or Kyrie...

Asik or Howard? Really? Smh