1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2 year old ran over, ignored by 18 bystanders

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Child_Plz, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Child_Plz

Child_Plz Member

http://www.chinasmack.com/2011/vide...ran-over-by-van-ignored-by-18-bystanders.html
    The girl later died :(

Stories like this breaks my heart and makes me angry at the same time.

The parents and all the heartless passerby's should be thrown in jail, and the driver should be taken infront of a fire squad and shot.
    :mad:
    I have been in China many times and **** like this happens all the time, the people there simply do not value human lives (outside of their family/close friends) very highly. Honestly China needs a totalitarian government to control things. /rant

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

That was quite disturbing. I couldn't believe the second truck just running over her like that. My friend saw something like this happen in Nigeria before.

3. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

sorry, but i resent you for posting this. There are some things in this world I would rather remain ignorant to so I can forget how ****ty the human race really can be.

4. Kyakko

Kyakko Contributing Member

There's just no money in reporting the good stuff. That said, the story is f-ed up.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

So proud of my species right now... :eek:

6. Relentless

Relentless Member

This isn't thread worthy.

I don't give a **** about China.

7. rhadamanthus

rhadamanthus Contributing Member

I hate people.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

9. Lil Pun

Lil Pun Contributing Member

****!!!!

Not the way I wanted to start out my Monday.

I didn't read the article but where were the parents? Who the **** was driving that van? Put a bullet in their head ASAP!!! ****ing losers!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

10. Jontro

Jontro Member

Unfortunately these things happen frequently on a daily basis in 3rd world countries. Nothing to do with China, but having been to a few of those countries, these things don't surprise me at the least.

11. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

"It isn’t ignoring, it’s not daring. If one were to encounter a Nanjing judge, one would be screwed.

[Note: "Nanjing judge" refers to the infamous 2006 case of a man named Peng Yu who helped a woman to the hospital after she had fallen only to have the old woman accuse him of knocking her down. The Nanjing judge in that case ultimately ruled that common sense dictated that only the person who hit her would take her to the hospital, setting a precedent that continues only further discourages and reinforces many Chinese people's wariness to help others in similar situations.]"

12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Asian people have no souls.

I'm asian. Its okay.

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

There's a difference between actively helping and ignoring someone. At the very least, ask the girl if she's okay. Then call for her parents. If no one respond, then hold the scene while calling for an ambulance. There are plenty of things one can do without the risk of getting into trouble.

Unfortunately, we as people are wired to ignore such things in general. How many cases of people watching(and in modern days taping through cell phones) altercations or other problems without even bothering to dial 911? Wasn't there a woman beaten in a fast food restaurant just a while ago while no one else said a peep?

There's no risk in pretending nothing happened. It's a hassle to interfere. Hence, the logical conclusion reached by us tend to be to pretend nothing's wrong.

14. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

If the video boils you up, don't read the comments below....

15. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Hopefully the OP didnt post this just to get a "wow" response... Its nothing wrong with being informative about whats going on globally... Though IMHO, this is a little too inhumane to post...

16. candlegreen

candlegreen Contributing Member

Ran into this little gem as to why so many people there are afraid to help those in need....

http://www.chinasmack.com/2009/stor...lp-after-old-man-says-he-fell-by-himself.html

17. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

bing bong, ching chong, sir. bing bong, ching chong.

18. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

That is some strange crowd psychology at work. The Bystander Effect... if one or two people are witness, their instincts tell them to act. The more people are witness without immediately acting, the more your primitive instincts tell your brain that nothing is wrong.

http://psychology.about.com/od/socialpsychology/a/bystandereffect.htm

What is the Bystander Effect?

The term bystander effect refers to the phenomenon in which the greater the number of people present, the less likely people are to help a person in distress. When an emergency situation occurs, observers are more likely to take action if there are few or no other witnesses.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What about the little 2 year old? How can you not care about a human being?

DD

20. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Phenomenon? Its obvious, you'd rather have someone else act. I'd rather someone else put themselves in harms way during an attack or go through the hassle of filing police reports, showing up in court, cleaning blood of your clothing, dealing with trauma, etc... nobody wants to have their nuts on the dresser.