1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Cyberx being attached to the Lakers is some capacity.......I think I see a trend in what he's hearing, or how things are being filtered to him.

As far as Capela goes, hell, if anyone offered me the max, I'd be intrigued, too. As far as making his own name? Well, I guess if other stars go to the Lakers, especially LeBron, that could happen, if simply because the spotlight burns bright there when the team doesn't stink. Hell, even when it does stink: seemed they were on TV an awful lot for a bad team.

I think Paul George will be on the Lakers. What happens with the rest of them, I don't know. When I saw on Channel 2 news just what our cap situation looks like, I began to believe a little more seriously that losing Capela could happen, whether in free agency or later in a trade should Morey find a deal he likes that helps cut the payroll.

I like cyberx's posts. Great way to burn some summertime. I just find these notes, even if from a colleague / acquaintance, rather one-team-centric. But it's early anyway and that might be all cyberx is hearing: pro-Lakers, Lakers, Lakers.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

LAKERS BYKE

ROCKETS DONE

FIRE MURRAY TRADE JAMEZ

3. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Not questioning his legit-ness. If he said "Lebron is coming", that's one thing. Believing he is coming can be tainted.

And I have no clue what his source is, or how many people. It might be a done deal. If It's speculation, I think it is less likely than other possibles. Like others have posted since. Lakers think they can/are getting every star FA.

4. cyberx

cyberx Member

I don't think Lebron is going to LA - I think there is a chance, but if I had to put my money on it id say. 35% Houston, 35% LAL, 15% CLE, 15% Phili.

Lakers will go in and offer PG and Bron a chance to play together and see where that goes.

I do think LA getting PG is a lock though.

5. Vivi

Vivi Member

Yeah, those two perfectly fit with the guys they already have too, Ball (pg), Ingram (sf), Kuzma/Randle (pf)...George can play the 2 and Boogie the 5...they won't need to move anything in this scenario, get those two and if Kawhi is available they can always trade (or at least try) for him with Ingram, Kuzma, picks, Hart...

Asian Sensation likes this.
  6. cyberx

cyberx Member

Phoenix is going to throw him the max. Believe it if you want, but Clint wouldnt mind playing with Booker and that pick. Clint is going to get maxed, its up to the Rockets to keep him.

7. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Thanks cyberx! A lot of info here..

8. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Damn. Damn. DAMN!

rocketman84 likes this.
  9. cyberx

cyberx Member

Free agency is going to be big for LA regardless if Rockets fans want to hear it. They have the space, the weather, a PG who likes passing more than shooting, a team that gets along well, a top agent as your GM who knows what players/agents want, you have arguably the most likeable NBA legend of them all running the FO, and you have CAP space, a brand new state of the art practice facility and more. If you don't think players are interested in going there, then you are delusional.

Lawlruschang, amaru, tbw914 and 15 others like this.
  10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Even if they draft AYTON? Who has more game than Capela already.

Asian Sensation likes this.
  11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I don't think you're wrong. I think many players are interested in going to the Lakers this summer.

Do I buy that Lebron, who's chasing Jordan, who's legacy is only enhanced by championships, thinks the Lakers are his best avenue for that? No, I do not. The Lakers have not done anything for the past 5 years that indicates they are a championship-quality organization ready to compete with Golden State.

I would say Lebron is delusional if he makes that decision, but hey, maybe I'm wrong.

#151 J Sizzle, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Hell no, that's why i still hope the Suns draft Ayton...otherwise i can see them throwing a max to Clint, MCD has been so bad in these past years (outside of a couple of meaningless trades like Dragic and Morris) that he's probably desperate to sign someone at this point just to keep his job.

JoeBarelyCares and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Cyberx, who do you think have the interests of and have the biggest chance of trading for Khawi?

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Thanks for the info! This isn't all too surprising to me. PHX probably feels like a young trio of up and coming stars follows the Philly blueprint as closely as possible. They probably see the league-wide interest in Philly with a little admiration, so perhaps that's what they're going for. This is shaping up to be much like the off-season where we went after Bosh. We have a LOT of financial decisions to make about the direction of the team.

mikol13 and Mazulis like this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

To be fair, the La Dream is not what it used to be and many stars have had chances to go to La and spurned them in the end the last few years.

I would not be the least bit surprised if Paul George does the same to go to a team that can give him a shot at a ring.
    That pass first point guard is great in retrospect, but he can't shoot. Magic tried to draft himself on that one and passed on Tatum.

Saying that, you are obviously in the IN regarding information and everything is heavily appreciated. I really am trying to course you in to admitting Lonzo wasn't a good pick.

16. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

One factor I never thought about til now with LeBron is that after this Finals loss, he's not just gonna be worried about chasing Jordan. He's gonna find himself tied with Curry, Thompson, and Green(not to mention Iggy and Livingston) with 3 rings apiece. And Durant will only be one behind him. LeBron can't afford another year without a championship, cuz if the Warriors get next year's as well, he'll be behind all those guys and tied with Durant.

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Beautiful post

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Glad you showed up. Did we provoke you? ;)

If any team were to snag Capela, let it be Phoenix. They are still years away from amounting to anything. But only if we can get DeAndre at the hometown discount.......which makes me wonder about re-signing Luc, et al.

19. BackdoorHarden

35% Lebron to Houston...me likey likey like

20. xaos

xaos Member

Ah, it’s not officially off season for me until I get my Cyberx fix