1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

This thread suddenly got nice. Real nice.

Edit: well I guess I screwed that one up.

2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

This whole LeBron to LA is just a smoksscreen to get Dan Gilbert to ante up for a sign and trade IMO.

Also don't pay attention to Vegas odds. Around this same time a couple seasons ago, Vegas had KD going back to OKC as the odds on favorite.

Raisin and Hakeemtheking like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I just don't see the motivation for the Blazers here. Lillard is the face of their franchise. I would think CJ would be more likely to go if they were going to make a change.

4. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Randle's cap hold is actually $12.447M.
    http://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/cap/

joshuaao likes this.
  5. Pizza_Da_Hut

Picks. If Portland trades Dame they will get more picks. Portland probably wants to do what Boston did and reboot fast. Real fast. Plus, those picks make it easier to package away the mid-level players they decided to overpay.

6. aelliott

T-Wolves are headed for cap hell starting next season but I don't see them trading Butler prior to the season.

macan, chievous minniefield and amaru like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

They won't get picks of any value from the Lakers. If they want to reboot fine. But trade Dame to Philly and get their picks. A Dame trade to Lakers makes no sense with the assets and salary involved.

8. aelliott

Yeah, if those picks are lottery picks. Boston's ended up being high lottery picks. If the LAL had Lebron, Lillard and PG13, how good will their picks be? You can buy a late first round pick for around $4M.

DonKnock likes this.
  9. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

perhaps.. but if the blazers are thinking of trading anyone in a deal, it's more likely to be cj mccollum rather than lillard. and remember, the only way portland does a deal with ANYONE, is if that other team takes on one of meyers leonard or evan turner.

10. Pizza_Da_Hut

If LeBron ends up there and ends up staying there. Remember, the nets thought the same thing when they got Pierce and Garnet. If LeBron signs yet another 1+1 the lakers might be in the same hell Cleveland is in next season.

11. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

What if Morey trades Eric Gordon to Indiana for Al Jefferson's partially guaranteed contract and their 17th pick this year, then move that pick and a future 1st to Atlanta to absorb Ryan Anderson's contract? Would that create enough room for us to trade for LeBron, giving Cleveland a Traded Player Exception worth Lebron's contract?

luckyman76 and pippendagimp like this.
  12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

The Spurs reportedly have been trying to dump Gasol.

Seems like a possible route

Leonard/Gasol for Lillard/M. Leonard works

And

Leonard/Gasol/Mills for Lillard/Turner works

#1392 DonKnock, Jun 14, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Portland could also try and send away Chief too, massive overpay on that guy. But how are Philly's picks better. Chances are they continue to make the playoffs here on out. The Lakers could collapse even more so going further, especially if they don't net LeBron or PG13 (which I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't).

14. cyberx

cyberx Member

I'm not here to say it's a good or bad deal. I'm telling you what I'm hearing.

15. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I won't rule out a paycut for Lebron and/or Paul George, but they aren't splitting $30 million.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

No worries, you shouldn't take people disagreeing that it's a good deal or that it is going to happen as people doubting you hearing what you are hearing. Your track record speaks for itself.

amaru, clutchdabear and DonKnock like this.
  17. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

The picks will suck on a team with LeBron and Dame. They can get better picks for an All-NBA player, under 30, and also under contract for 3 more years.

18. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm not doubting @cyberx has heard these rumors, but if Portland trades Lillard for these scraps they should just fold the franchise.

19. gogispade

gogispade Member

Thats a straightforward MJ move. He knows LeBron wants adults&vets not kids dissing eachother. (I like the diss joke btw.) But Bron doesnt want to be part of this.

Lillard nice addin, but for that price I would consider going after Westbrook(Better Style-ish player who can be fixed alittle bit by Lebron).

20. cyberx

cyberx Member

Have a look at their contracts and when they end. All except CJ expire in two years. So in two years you have crazy cap space.. Young guys and picks. That turner one at 18 mil. My goodness.

amaru, Marteen and Rockets FTW like this.