1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I wonder if Tillman, Moorey and Dantonio will be able to sleep at night if all we do is re-sign Pawl and Capella.

Tfor3 likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LeBron is going to LA.....unless LeBron is playing some serious games and building up LA to the point that....

LeBron goes to Dan Gilbert on June 28th and says. "As you can already tell from the strong rumors, I have decided to go to LA. But, if you want to sign and trade me to Houston for some assets I will agree to do that." "It is the least I could do for Cleveland to give back if I am out the door." And then Gilbert is shown the option to recoup assets.

Like though it is occam's razor and he goes to LA.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Was there a recent cyberx scoop?

Tfor3 likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

people can say that Paul George isn’t a huge needle mover, is not as good as James Harden, etc, but Lebron has battled him several times in the EC playoffs (twice in the ECF) and has a lot of respect for his game

BigMaloe, Deuce, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  5. jacoby

jacoby Member

More LeBron to LA rumors.

Ice cold on the Houston front, at least in the eyes of the media/our insiders.

cheke64 and amaru like this.
  6. HP3

HP3 Member

They are prolly still thinking about Game 7 tbh. So they probably arent sleeping well right now. D :

7. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

I'm not saying that Harden was absolutely invisible during the playoffs, and that CP3 couldn't be stopped the entire time. It took both of them, including an enormous contribution from Tucker, to make it as far as we did, no question.

But, where does all this Harden scrutiny come from then? Just remnants of last year vs. the Spurs? Just both Harden and CP3 not being able to have beautiful, utopian games at the same time? I'm far from the casual fan, I've watched every single Rockets game this season. Is it just that myself, and people like myself, just don't want Harden to succeed? That doesn't make sense either.

I think that looking at numbers solely doesn't give you the complete picture though. Can't numbers be misleading a bit when viewing them in a vacuum? How do numbers quantify chemistry, fit, momentum, timing, heart, will, drive, leadership, etc. Same can be said for other sports as well, not just the NBA.

8. justtxyank

Paul George is a needle mover. He's being bashed here now because it's beneficial to downplay him for the narrative.

If George wanted to come to Houston I'd be all over it and think it made us significantly better.

BigMaloe likes this.
  9. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea if there was a way to keep George or Ariza/Gordon then this would be over, we'd be champs next year.

10. razorback88s

razorback88s Member

What happens if Kawhi gets traded to the eastern conference (Pop has stated he would never send a star to a west coast rival if he had to trade one) and PG13 considers his injury history and just takes the extra money OKC can give him? Does that scenario make it more or less likely for Lebron to come to Houston?

11. DM'sVP

DM'sVP Member

Gotcha, hopefully LeBron is thinking like me and not like Cyberx...

12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

Harden is the true reason lebron will come... cp3 is just a bonus
    Harden and lebron would crush the league and the playoffs!

DM'sVP and Tfor3 like this.
  13. justtxyank

More likely for sure. How much more likely, no one knows.

We don't really know how strongly he's even considering Houston.

We can say without a doubt that he has toured schools in Philly, Ohio and LA. We don't really know ANYTHING about his interest level in Houston. We know we have his best friend here, that he could win titles here, etc. but beyond that, nothing.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

If Pop isnt gonna coach after 2020, than thats a big question mark.

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

That's funny gustTNganke.

justtxyank likes this.
  16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

I’d rather have Tomball Butler than George. But that’s just me. Butler is a dog who would get in the face of the dubs. Pg should shy away IMO.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, if he's basing his decision on just wanting to hang out in LA with his family as some have suggested, maybe he still goes there. If he's picking LA in a scenario where they don't miracle their way into 2 other superstars he's choosing to not win again anyway.

18. amaru

amaru Member

This seems the most likely course of action. The meltdown of Clutchfans will be immense if this happens

HP3 likes this.
  19. HP3

HP3 Member

Also you're a dick for this haha. I am going to keep misspelling Capella just to spite you.

HTM, amaru and justtxyank like this.
  20. amaru

amaru Member

Butler would be awesome. Idk if he’s even available though.

Snow Villiers likes this.