1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Houston09

Houston09 Member

2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

What do you guys think will be the first domino to fall this off-season?

• Minor trades before the draft
    • Major trades before the draft
    • Trades on draft night
    • Trades/Signings after July 1st

3. cyberx

cyberx Member

Depends on this Kawhi meeting.

4. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

I find her tweet funny if LBJ is going to LA. NOBODY underestimated LA.

As I'm typing this I'm wondering if she is hinting he is coming to Houston. That is is Houston's Championship phrase.

whiskeyred and DonKnock like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's pretty simple:

If LeBron wants to win more titles in the next 2-3 years, he comes to Houston. He might win a title with the Lakers, but even with PG on board he'd be looking at a couple of years while the LakerBabies grow up.

If LeBron wants to kickstart his movie career, he goes to LA. He might get some progress made, especially in the off-season, but in-season meetings would be much more difficult to take in person. And in LA, it's all about those face-to-face meetings.

It's all dependent on his priorities.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Too bad he was wrong. (Actually, I stood out in that 100 degree heat outside TC waiting for Dwight and our legends to show up. It was fun.)

8. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I just think it would be crazy to send him to the Lakers. The Celtics have the better assets and it's not to a direct rival. I'd do Leonard for Tatum straight up at this point if I'm SAS. Thanks for sharing the information, I'm dreading the Lakers dream team but I don't doubt that it's likely. I always thought PG was a lock and a second star would surely follow.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Don’t remember. Post the quote.

amaru and BigMaloe like this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

At 33 years of age he is likely setting up his after b-ball more than the chance to win more. He has 3 rings already and his biggest interest seems to be a billionaire and set up his family for generations with real business assets, not just money.

11. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Man...I'm thinking th spurs. Lebrons comments were pointed towards spurs and celtics as a franchise. All,of,us here interpreted it to be about Paul and Harden...but idk. Spurs are a sneaky landing spot.

amaru likes this.
  12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

This isn't true though. He talked about the thought process but NEVER said it wasn't Houston. He talked about the Warriors having a great meeting and that they were trying to do a SNT with Bogut + Barnes going to the Lakers. That would have been great in hindsight, the Warriors never would've happened and Draymond would be on a different team. He talked about the Lakers being a hard team to leave but he NEVER said it wasn't going to be Houston. He just didn't have a definitive answer.

13. Progs

Progs Member

@cyberx Does Jimmy Butler have interest in becoming a Rocket? Does he want out of Minny?

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I do enjoy the Lakers hype every off-season only for it to never amount to anything. Perhaps at some point it'll stop, but till then we'll have to keep hearing about how teams are going to trade the Lakers their franchise players for replacement level garbage instead of getting a better return trading them elsewhere.

clutchdabear and DonKnock like this.
  15. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Most recent example was the dwightmare. They didn't have the better assets available but they got it done. It just didn't work out in terms of him staying there. They do tend to get sweetheart deals.

16. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Anyone doubting cyberx is barking up the wrong try. Clutch has backed the guy.

He's given great info time and time again.

If you don't think he's legit, I question your basketball intelligence because you obviously don't know how fluid things are in the off-season, especially.

amaru, whiskeyred, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  17. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

The thing is once leverage is gone from the Spurs (if Kawhi says he's only wanting to resign with the Lakers after next year) who is really going to offer a better return just for one season of Kawhi? The player always holds the leverage in terms of his own value to a team. So it all comes down to if he says he wants to play in LA or not (and his decision for saying something like that may very well come down to if George & LeBron end up telling him that they are both going there). It's all one large domino effect IMO, but I think if you see the Spurs trading Kawhi to LA in the next days or week that should be an indication for the other dominos to fall in place. If he re-signs with the Spurs, then who knows.

18. Hard_foul

Hard_foul Member

Why in the hell would Cleveland take Dengs contract...

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

That's only when a player has leverage and forces the trade. In a situation like with Dame or Leonard, the players have no leverage to force a trade anywhere. In situations where players have leverage, the team who trades them often doesn't get the best return but in situations where they can trade the player anywhere they want, that's not necessarily the case.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely think he's legit, and I completely believe that he's hearing what he says he's hearing.....I just don't believe it to be true. I think the Lakers always believe that they are going to do the stuff that they are rumored to do year after year....it just doesn't work out because it wasn't realistic. When we heard about the Knicks trading Melo to the Rockets, that wasn't bogus info, it just didn't work out. I think the Lakers 100% believe that they are going to get every major FA this off-season....we'll see if it happens.

I think there are plenty of teams that would throw together a package for Leonard thinking that they can convince him to stay by offering the most money and by potentially contending with him on the team.

clutchdabear likes this.