1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

oh boy, and GS got him for the taxpayer MLE...this can’t be life

2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm pretty sure quite few teams did. And I know Morey would've offered more

malakas likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

Boogie himself said he hadn’t received a single offer until he called GS and asked to go there for their taxpayer MLE...

How could Morey have offered more? We have no money...

Richie_Rich and BigMaloe like this.
  4. Grizzlyshark

Grizzlyshark Member

Moving in from Boogie for a bit.. any word on Brook Lopez? He has an outside stroke.. 5 out? Would work with a cutting Harden and Green off the bench?

DonKnock and malakas like this.
  5. rammo

rammo Member

I don’t buy the no phone calls thing with Boogie.

That’s his story to avoid being called Snake 2.0

6. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Crazy to think that almost no team gave him an offer besides gs, yeah right

7. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

Warriors can just coast to the playoffs now even more than last year.. they can sit Durant and Cousins the entire season and still be 1-3 seed.

8. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i dunno man- its worrisome (That we are not getting anyone) the Thunder who are so capped are signing Min players .. Just a little confused so far

DonKnock likes this.
  9. Vivi

Vivi Member

For those who missed it, ch said in the Cousins to Warriors thread that NOLA lowballed Boogie and for different reason ****ed up on various sign & trade scenarios, that pissed off Boogie and he signed with the Warriors in spite of this...tbh, not that ch need any kind of validation, i fully believe everything he says, but outside of his word (for those who don't believe) i think it's pretty easy to imagine Boogie pulling this kind of move, like "you don't think i'm worth the money? Ok, take this"

10. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

i just wish CH had some good news for the Rockets

DonKnock likes this.
  11. mockster

mockster Member

Didn’t Bazemore have some pretty nasty comments about Houston, thus him passing on us to sign with Atlanta

#7831 mockster, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  12. Reeko

Reeko Member

the worst part about this summer is that coming off of 65 wins and making it to game 7 of the WCF, Lebron had no intention of coming here, and we weren’t even on Paul George’s radar...now the Rockets can’t get any good players to come here on a discount

DonKnock likes this.
  13. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

exactly.. WHY? are we lowballing

DonKnock likes this.
  14. jacoby

jacoby Member

All we can do is lowball. We have no money to spend.

15. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

16. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Morey is smart man, saving Tillman some luxury tax money. What is the point of signing players? Who can we actually get that would even matter at this point?

17. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

OKC doesnt either and there signing players

18. jacoby

jacoby Member

They signed Nerlens Noel. Big deal.

19. Vivi

Vivi Member

Same here, i guess he would post those if he would have some he can share.

I don't remember but i think he said something now that you're saying this...yeah, not sure what though, maybe @J.R. can help lol

Yeah, i'm with you, justtxyank, Nook etc here, but at this point we can just hope for the best and maybe to have finally a little bit of luck (smdh), if things go wrong going forward i hope with Tilman we can at least tank and let Daryl work his magic, would be actually very interesting to see him work in that scenario, it obviously suck from a competitive point of view but eh, if that's the best path we can take to win, so be it.

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

@Htownballer38 Marc Spears went on ESPN yesterday and said that Boogie had told him that he was hurt and shocked that he’d received no offers and NOP didn’t want him...Boogie could be lying, but NOP chose Randle over him, and Dallas was linked to him for a while but made DJ their #1 priority the minute he opted out...Lakers had used most of their cap space on role players

it was GS, and then Boston was mentioned as the runner up in the Boogie sweepstakes...Houston, as is par for the course this summer, was nowhere to be found

we could’ve offered Boogie what GS did which was the taxpayer MLE, but Morey couldn’t have offered more because we just don’t have any cap space

Htownballer38 likes this.