1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. rammo

rammo Member

If all L.A. does is add LBJ they’ll be in pretty good shape. Ingram/Randle/Lonzo/Kuzma is a huge upgrade from the cardboard cutouts and traffic cones LBJ had last season...

...still won’t beat us or GSW, but just sayin’. You certainly would rather someone else playing them in the second round.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Lebron with that team by himself isn't scaring anyone. Plenty of teams in the west better than that still

alethios likes this.
  3. Reeko

Reeko Member

meh, that team is nothing to worry about

Why Bron would still go there without another star is baffling. Those off-court ventures must be really important.

alethios likes this.
  4. SS0101

SS0101 Member

I think he stays in Cleveland. No way he goes to play in the shadow of kobe. The more I think about it. Definitely not without pg13 or Kawhi...and the looks of it are pg13 is staying in okc and pop wont rush into everything. ESPECIALLY with the rumors that he lost leverage and lebron helped with that...he is gonna hold on tight until the deadline.

Only thing I cant figure out is the contract structure. Surely he has to be wondering how old he can be and still do 1 plus a player option type deals. At some point he would need that last 3 or 4 or 5 year deal, no?

5. Reeko

Reeko Member

Paul George is really dumb if he stays in OKC.

LA with Bron, going to Philly...those are easily better options

How is OKC even gonna improve? Let me guess, the almighty Roberson will catapault them to another level? He’d seriously want to stay in OKC with Russ?

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

I think the Lakers will still find a way to get other all star/s there, like, Love or Cousins, but that's not going to be enough in the West.

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I was on the he should stay in Cleveland business for a while. I'm more in the he goes to LA crowd now.

If the lakers could show Kobe that he was valued and really give him the storied ending he wanted, I think LeBron could and wants that same treatment. Win or lose the lights will be brightest in LA. Also, I think Jeannie Buss is doing everything in her power to show she's the anti-Dan Gilbert.

Don't get me wrong, he's an idiot for leaving the east, and an idiot for thinking a skeleton crew plus him advances in the west, but I think Cleveland has left such a sour taste in his mouth he can't stay. Hope I'm wrong.

SS0101 likes this.
  8. Vivi

Vivi Member

If George stays there maybe Kawhi will stay here if we trade the house for him...lol.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Another barber ! Just goes to show the "barbershop" is still a major hub for gossip/info. I kinda like that.

Fullcourt likes this.
  10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's going to be a s***storm the next few years in LA with the Lakers flaming out in the first or second round of the playoffs every year despite Lebron being there and the media will be ripping apart everyone on the roster, it's best to avoid that.

11. rammo

rammo Member

OMG OMG LABron has landed in LA OMG OMG sauces confirm he is in a car headed to...

...his house that he lives in every offseason. These “journalists” are great.

everyday eddie and Sean Dr34ms like this.
  12. Rocketrik

Rocketrik Member

Easily a 50 win team and 3rd after us and GSW. People overate how mediocre 3-8 were last year. The difference between seeds 3-8 was 3 games. They'll lose to us or the warriors in 5 games or 6 at most if they get help from the refs.

13. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

I think you have to let go of the assumption that winning is the absolute #1 priority for these guys. It isn't.

Deuce and adw like this.
  14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Paul George lmaoooooo

15. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

I’m having to explain this to all of the people around me here in LA.

rammo and everyday eddie like this.
  16. HP3

HP3 Member

I just need the Spurs not to give up Kawhi and then we'll be all set.

Dacamel likes this.
  17. SS0101

SS0101 Member

People underestimate how good the pelicans were...they just got dismantled by the warriors who will do that to anyone but us. People underestimate how god the wolves were before the butler injury...they also just got dismantled by a historic great team in us. AND people forget how good and young the jazz are who...well, got dismantled by us. West is way better than the east. Ain't close. Oh and he will be playing all these teams 3 to 4 times instead of just once or twice.

Plowman likes this.
  18. BigDikNENE

BigDikNENE Member

If Rockets get Jimmy Bucket and Tyreke and a solid backup C its a wrap

Omar Turcios, Plowman and ryano2009 like this.
  19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

For 1, he is Lebron. And 2, neither do (did) I.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure they'd be a 50 win team, but they'd be right there with the Thunder, Jazz, Blazers and Pels competing for the 3rd seed if they get another star to come with Lebron. If it's just Lebron by himself they'd run the risk of missing the playoffs.