1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

#BIGCOD
    #CODFLUID
    #THICCCOD

Rudyc281 likes this.
  2. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

Oh, ok. I was mostly responding to the part of your post talking about Anderson being an asset in a year than anything.

That said, I agree with you. I think Gordon for Parker is more realistic, but that deal would only happen if the Rockets were to sign Gordon’s replacement first with the taxpayer MLE.

3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Right now the best outcome I would realistically hope for is that we get the better of the veteran pickups on the cheap over the Warriors. We were toe to toe with them last year. Let’s make sure they don’t improve more than we do.

Yes Chris Paul will be a little older but he proved he could beat them with us. Can he get injured again? Maybe. But so can Curry or Durant.

4. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's what i've been saying btw :)

xiki likes this.
  5. Vivi

Vivi Member

I don't think so also cause it seems a sign & trade would hard cap us so...yeah.

6. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I agree it's a difficult match. I don't agree that the two might not be a good combo. The Knicks have reportedly been interested in KP as a 5. A stretch 4 would open the floor for KP as well as the rest of their players very nicely.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

We can disagree as I do not believe Parker would rate over EGo in Rox' FO, and certainly not for the premium $s it would take, to boot.

8. DVauthrin

An Anderson-Porzingis frontcourt would be awful defensively. Granted, the Knicks are currently playing Enes Kanter next to Porzingis, so Anderson might be an upgrade defensively.

9. DVauthrin

I didn’t say he would straight up, either. But if the Rockets were to sign Bradley, KCP, Evans or Redick with the taxpayer MLE, and Parker would be willing to take a reasonable contract, swapping Gordon for him makes sense at that point.

Edit: The Rockets can’t do a sign and trade at this point without being hard capped, so acquiring Parker is not really possible.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Gordon for Parker doesn’t improve the Rockets at all. If that’s what we’re discussing, then this offseason is a total bust.

#5930 J Sizzle, Jun 30, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2018
    Richie_Rich and justtxyank like this.
  11. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

brosef, CRJ713, OldYelllowDog and 2 others like this.
  12. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

I know that the Suns have been viewed as a team to dump salary on (likely as a facilitator), so why not send Anderson and a future first there and ask for Troy Daniels back?

13. rocketseagles07

Morey would never do that, Parker is food on defense. It’s his offensive game that has huge potential.. and judging by our signings last year and the drafting of Melton Morey Knows what we need... and it’s not 1 way players

14. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

#MASSIVECOD

Snow Villiers likes this.
  15. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Our future firsts suck. We’re asking them to take back 2 years of $20mil per. It’s not like we’re dumping a middle of the pack salary. Why would they help us out rather than use their cap space on a young player or two. Read the report regarding Vanvleet. What would you rather do? Pay Ryno $20 mil per year next two years and get the 25th-30th pick next couple years; or get Vanvleet for say $12 million per year the next two years. (Just picked a random number; doubt Raps can match that and high enough number for Fred to sign for just two years.)

16. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Something somewhat understated, if LBJ goes to the Lakers, could Ariza join him on the cheap? I hadn't seen any murmurs about it, just a thought that crossed my mind.

17. UrbanEnterprise

[​IMG]

Looks like Paul George is staying in OKC

Deuce, BigMaloe, DonKnock and 4 others like this.
  18. Nachobar

Nachobar Where’s my chips?

Okay, Scissorhands is so much better of an insider name than Potato or Steele

DonKnock, heypartner and lionaire like this.
  19. gdinamite

gdinamite Member

20. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Vivi likes this.