1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Sorry, didn’t see that this was already posted.

#3281 mikol13, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    joshuaao, Vivi and DonKnock like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good. Save the Toyota Tundras and the Ipads. :)

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Seriously. It was screen until you got a mismatch and then iso to either get a shot or a pass to an open shooter. There was no "focus" on one player by the defense.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Uninterested because he’s already made up his mind?

GottaHaveHeart likes this.
  5. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Taking no meetings is a GREAT thing for Houston since we need this done in the next 4 days. LOL

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

Starting to get some positive vibes...

#NewMath

WestendMassive and DonKnock like this.
  7. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

"I'm Cole Hamels, and I endorse this message."

8. BartBurton

BartBurton Member

I really hope this reaches Lebron, Daryl or someone close to them, I believe this narrative could really help LBJ decide to come here. So here it is...

There's this article on ESPN about Green texting Durant right after they blew up the 3-1 lead that read "We need you". How can a team that just broke the regular season record 73-9 and considered as one of the best ever be so insecure?? How can the media call this a genius move by Green?

It only showed they didn't feel they would win it next year even if they went 82-0, why? Because of LBJ, they made their chess move, even if it was a coward move. Look at KD, he knew wouldn't get out of the West unless he joined the empire, but KD made his chess move

Now it's LBJ turn, the rockets didn't immediately send a text to him saying 'We need you' but they're showing the interest for him to come here.

This is LBJ's turn to make a chess move, it's his decision, all the pieces were moved to deny him another championship and only he can make the counter to win this thing once and fall, this would be the last move.

No one could say anything about a tarnished legacy, no one did it when KD and GS made their move, they even call it a Sacrifice to create a Dynasty.

Fight fire with fire, that's what I'd call it.

9. MystikArkitect

So do you think that the Dubs spent the same amount of resources, fouls, and energy pressing Paul full court or doubling him the minute he stepped within 35 feet of the basket?

10. malakas

malakas Member

Good we might be spared a little of the clown media show.
    Nonetheless he may not take visits but he will still take his sweet time deciding as always.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

Ramona seems really connected to Lebrons camp this summer, more so than other summers, wouldn't you say? We all know she is sourced great with Jeanie and co. Does this mean the Lakers may know something?

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Ramona has become a great reporter and anyone who still gives her flak is misguided.

She is definitely plugged in with the Lakers but is also REALLY well liked by other reporters.

I think there's a strong chance the Lakers already know what's going to happen. Rob Pelinka held a meeting with all of the Lakers front office people including interns apparently to give them a strong lecture about not saying ANYTHING publicly that could look like tampering. They are very aware of how other teams are going to view what might happen here.

13. malakas

malakas Member

She also broke the Paul George trade. Maybe in the last 2 years her connections in the league have improved by leaps and bounds.

justtxyank likes this.
  14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Ramona has gotten better inside info as of late.

But every year she hypes the LA train as the place to go and nobody ever goes.

I will give her credit if Lebron does indeed go to LA.

Even then, chances are she is hearing this stuff from the Lakers as opposed to Lebron's camp or looking at the tea leaves in regards to the massive amount of money he is investing in his LA Home.

We will all have a big LOL if Lebron OPTs in.

#3294 tmacfor35, Jun 25, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
    DonKnock and everyday eddie like this.
  15. rserina

rserina Member

16. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I believe there is alotta known known by alotta NBAers; the quiet since The Finals is the shocker. The Jeannie Buss called/Magic led meeting on zippered lips was understandable regardless of what those lips might know/think but rather, say.

How significant is George to LBJ's commitment to LAL and how significant of a relationship do they have?

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

We know that??? I suspect the exact opposite occurred and it was sent from both Messers Paul and Harden.

18. MystikArkitect

As great as she’s become, she still is an LA honk. Shams/Amick/Woj have never been tethered to one city like Ramona with LA. It’s also why Nichols >> everyone else. She doesn’t promote her fandom like Beadle, Skip or SAS.

19. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If the Rockets aren't getting LeBron, which by your estimations it appears that he is set on LA, who do you think the Rockets get? I haven't heard another person suggest Jimmy Butler with any sort of knowledge to the situation. From all accounts, JB doesn't want to play for the Rockets and the Rockets don't have the assets to trade for JB. Can we get some insight as to what the Rockets contingency plans are now that the notion of LeBron wearing Houston on his chest, seems nothing but a distant memory?

mdoggnic likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This was PRECISELY my thought when I saw that report from Ramona.