1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Yep.

https://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2014...-believes-lebron-is-coming-back-to-cleveland/
    http://heatnation.com/rumors/lebrons-cleveland-definite-possiblity-anderson-varejao/
    https://www.complex.com/sports/2014/06/lebron-james-wife-savannah-instagram-post
    http://www.digitaljournal.com/sport...miami-mean-return-to-cleveland/article/387579
    https://www.cbssports.com/general/n...n-james-has-two-choices-heat-or-cavs-reunion/

2. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I should have said " Walter Payton on the Crowe, today".

A little Skinner, I am.

xiki likes this.
  3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

July 2nd 2014:

Brian Windhorst had no clue.

4. itsoktobealone

I dunno who you are assigning to being dumped, us or the Spurs but that doesn't matter. What really matters is that we have come out as absolute winners no matter what and anyone that says different is just plain wrong. We never budged down for Paul George last season when we could've traded being in the same situation as this year. Instead, we stuck to our people and played the long-term game knowing that if he wants to join us he will this year. Which again might happen or might not, the Lakers are still winners and are not losing anything in the process. The same is happening right now with Kawhi. We have all the leverage and as far as I'm concerned Pop can send him to Tau Ceramica in Spain for a year, but if he wants to join the Lakers he eventually can. We'll make space if needed.

Now I can't say that I wouldn't like to see Kawhi this season in Lakers and that I wouldn't trade (i'm just greedy), but the fact that we are (it seems) not trading for him this year just shows how much control we have in the FO and how adamant Magic and Rob are to keep the young guys together, establish the winning mentality and roll with natural growth of these players that is surely going to be bigger and bigger. The league is so underrating the roster and the guys we have and the fact that there is this "blind" believe from the FO in these kids is the real deal. That doesn't mean some of them won't be traded sooner or later, but it sends a message that we are not desperate.

This FO since its inception has made only good moves. Some of them were much better, some of them were "just" good, but they were all right on point and very positive. Now I know this is a star-driven league but having that kind of healthy relationship between the FO and the roster is what will build championship teams. It is exactly what has describes the ones like Spurs (until this recent shitfest), Miami, GSW and the likes and players will recognize that sooner or later and they'll be knocking to join. No doubt.

5. basketballholic

Yes. There is the possibility that LeBron and George opt-out and re-sign 1+1 deals with their current teams in order to facilitate a move (trades) to the Lakers either mid-season or after the season. In that scenario LeBron likely opts in and forces a trade now.

But here's the problem with that idea. The Lakers have to sign players that OKC and Cleveland want. OR they have to not sign anybody except one-year deals with team options on a second season. And if they execute trades, will there be enough assets left for Kawhi.

See.......Theres no way around it for LeBron. For him to get to LA, he's going to have to sacrifice something. He has to sacrifice at least one season before he can think about winning a ring. Because now there is a team with 4 guys and a full bench that has long ago passed up the Spurs group that beat his previous super team in Miami. LeBron has to sacrifice time if he goes to LA. And he's got to try to beat two other teams in the West and another great team in the East.

#3085 basketballholic, Jun 22, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Parsons was a worse signing than Anderson twice!

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

What word did your autocorrect change to "Rubio?" )Third paragraph, third sentence, third word.

whozee likes this.
  8. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

Your switching your argument. Like the dumped SO changes the story to fit them. You were excited about getting LeBron, PG, AND Kwahi this summer.

Now your happy about the long game. Lakers can be good at some point. Granted. Hope your life is happy. Move along.

9. itsoktobealone

I'm not switching my argument at all. The FACT that we CAN get Kawhi, LeBron, and PG THIS summer is what made me happy in terms of them actually wanting to join the Lakers and showing concrete interest (Kawhi is the new factor, the other two were there before). Remember that years before this we were even in the conversation, let alone getting interest or meetings from superstars. If you look at my posts you'll see that personally I believe that only George will sign this summer. And I still do. The problem here is all of you are in a panic mode that the LA team is about to be back in the NBA. Sooner or later.

Anyways, I get what you are saying. Have a great life and all the best! :)

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

the 1st article says that somebody named David Pingalore says he believes Lebron is going back to Cleveland...the audio clip is not working so Idk why he believed that or if he had any real inside info

the 2nd article just states that Anderson Varejao mentioned that when he asked Lebron if he would return to Cleveland Lebron said that they would talk about that later

the 3rd article is just a speculation piece from some dude named Chris Yuscavage about if Lebron could return to Cleveland because his wife made an Instagram post that had Akron in it

the next article is another speculation piece by some random wondering if Lebron could actually return to Cleveland after opting out of his contract because he promised that he would win a ring for city

your last article is just some random dude’s opinion that Lebron should go to Cleveland if he doesn’t stay in Miami because those are the only 2 choices that matter if he cares about his reputation

nothing from the mainstream media, nothing based on any real inside info

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  11. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Man.... you're grasping for straws now buddy. I gave you like 10 news sources that said Lebron would go back to Cleveland before he signed there in 2014.

12. Deuce Rings

Deuce Rings Contributing Member

Isn’t this thread called “Paging Cyberex”? Cue the bat symbol

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

actually, u didn’t

u gave me 5 from July 7th and after, and a bunch of opinion/speculation pieces in June from randoms...those articles u just sent me are no different from the opinion/speculation pieces coming out this summer from random dudes wondering if Lebron will go to team X or Z based on no inside info or thing of substance

The media was just giving educated guesses about where Lebron was gonna go in the mid-late June and even early July for his previous 2 free agencies, but this free agency is different for what reason? Lebron moves in silence. This is the same Lebron who badly hurt his hand in game 1 of the NBA finals and didn’t have that info come out until after game 4.

BigMaloe and DonKnock like this.
  14. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

You gave a collection of educated guesses at best.

None of those reports were first or second hand accounts actually having spoken with LeBron.

BigggReddd and Reeko like this.
  15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's a disease

Richie_Rich and justtxyank like this.
  16. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Wasn't your original question.. "Was there smoke about him heading back to Cleveland in 2014?"

hibbetts likes this.
  17. Reeko

Reeko Member

Yeah, from the mainstream media and guys who are plugged in. Idc about opinion pieces from randoms. U didn’t prove any article that showed that they had any idea about Lebron going back to Cleveland in mid-late June. Like I said, Lebron moves in silence.

18. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here ya go...

19. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

lol you mean like the my first reply to you?

Buddy....

20. Reeko

Reeko Member

We’re still in June right? Did the media have the drop on what Lebron is gonna do in the middle of June during his last 2 free agencies? It doesn’t look like it since u had to resort to posting irrelevant opinion pieces from random dudes. Yes, I’m glad they finally got a clue after July 7th back in 2014, but in June, they didn’t know sh*t. All this Bron to LA talk right now, but do they really know what’s going on, or are they just guessing because Bron moves in silence?