1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. xaos

xaos Member

2. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

What’s wrong with you man?
    I questioned the value of the trade and you said it wasn’t possible. I show you that it is and you question the trade value.
    I messed up with the Frye thing and admitted it. Just say “oh you’re right” or “oops I’m wrong”. It’s not the end of the world

don grahamleone likes this.
  3. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I retract my previous comment. Just saw this. Thought you were being a wise ass. My bad.

On that point I am surprised people don’t think that’s a pretty good deal. I think Lonzo is headed to be a good player. And all three of those guys can be at least starters in this league, with Ingram having the potential to be a star. Stats aren’t everything but Lonzo did average 10, 7, 7; while being under a lot of pressure. And all those guys are on great contracts for now.

4. Reeko

Reeko Member

Can you blame them? Dude is 33 and always injured. Not every skilled PG is gonna age like Nash and Stockton. I wouldn’t trust CP3 at all either, and I don’t which is why I think we need a 3rd star badly. CP3’s skills won’t erode, but the seriousness of his injuries could increase over time which is what may ultimately do him in. CP3 just has a fragile body. If CP3 is 1 of the main reasons I’m coming here, but I can’t trust him to not miss 20-30 games every season, make it through potentially 5 rounds of the playoffs, and don’t know what he’ll be looking like 2 or 3 years from now, then it will greatly affect my decision to come here.

5. aroundtheblock2

Lol

[​IMG]

6. Vivi

Vivi Member

You're assuming a lot here though.

We don't know if the Spurs will get great offers, Celtics and Sixers didn't offer anything good for George last season cause he was interested in going to the Lakers. This may very well happen here with Kawhi for what we know. Personally i expect Ainge to maybe offer Irving at best (if he doesn't want to max him, which i don't know), definitely not Tatum, Brown and the Kings pick (his best assets) if Kawhi is really looking to go to L.A.

We also don't know what the Spurs are going to do, if they go for a rebuild the Lakers package is objectively pretty good, you may like the players or not but they're all talented players with potential and cheap contracts for 3 years. Regardless, i actually have a feeling we're undervaluing their potential offer because we don't want that to happen.

As for Deng i'm not sure why it should be a problem if the Lakers can still take back salary, if they're under the cap by the necessary amount they don't need to match the incoming salary so, we don't even know if they would have to trade him in the first place. And if the Spurs go for a rebuild they might actually ask to have him back to get additional assets instead of letting other teams take advantage of that. And if they still need to trade Deng to make room for another player they should be able to dump him easily to a team like the Hawks, they have the Cavs pick, Hart (if not in the Kawhi deal, should've good enough value), 47th pick, future 1st, the Bulls 2019 2nd rounder which should be in the 30.35 range...i mean, they can make it happen.

As for the next season i don't know, why shouldn't they wait eventually? There was actually a rumor (i think by Woj?) around the deadline about the Lakers being willing to wait the 2019 summer regardless...i'm pretty sure they're trying to make it happen now, but with the contracts they have they can also try again next summer if they fail now.

Anyway, i have to say that i have a hard time thinking about the Spurs go for a rebuild with Pop still coaching so, something like Irving and another decent (but not great) piece might still get it done, but you never know, they're a super old team with no upside and no talent to develop, if Kawhi leaves they're done regardless of what they get back because they won't get back a Kawhi anyway. And if he actually leaves for nothing next summer well, that would be a disaster, personally, i don't expect the Spurs to go into the season with Kawhi on the roster, they may say otherwise but good luck with that...with that same guy that just sat out for months cause he wants out.

whiskeyred and Hakeemtheking like this.
  7. itsoktobealone

We are NOT giving all three of those. If we trade for Kawhi it will be Ingram + Kuzma OR Ball + Deng + two 1st round picks. And this notion that Pop will not trade with Lakers just because out of spite in the past is hilarious. And if it actually happens and they accept a worse offer than the Lakers give then Pop is dumber than anyone thought. Turning down better offers just to stick it up to another team is a no.

8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Yeah that’s the trade I proposed.

9. aroundtheblock2

It has nothing to do with spite at all. It has everything to do with logic. You don't trade good players to the teams you are competing with. Please observe these tweets. Pop just hasn't rolled that way and you expect him to change now out of convenience for the Lakers organization? LOL

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

Lol Indy would've traded George to Boston helping them build a contender in a heartbeat if only Ainge would've traded their goods. Jackie Mc (or Woj, can't remember now) actually said in a interview someone posted here that the Pacers called Ainge asking what he would've offered when they were close to a deal and he said something like "we have nothing to offer".

BMoney likes this.
  11. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

And the Spurs would never take back Deng...never...

They'd rather hold him for next to nothing than take back a big negative like that. They specialize in not paying or taking bad contracts.

12. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

JH: Houston!

BS: What about....

BS: What about...

BS: I don't like Houston, therefor James can't go there.

JH: Oh.

13. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Wasn’t it something like what’s your best offer we want more or we are gonna take this okc deal?

Ainge didn’t believe but it wasn’t a bluff and ultimately was upset/disappointed because he was being naive?

None the less I remember what you speak of

14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. Madclownpacasum

Can Clint not sign an impossible contract that Houston can't match?

16. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Work your magic Noplicone !! :D

hakeem94 and Zoplicone like this.
  17. malakas

malakas Member

I don't see why someone will be interested to S+T him. Bad teams with caspace only need to pay a couple million more and they can have him without trading any assets away.
    I will be very surprised if he can find a contract above 14 million a year. There are very few teams with capspace and even if they have there are better options to spend it on than Parker. They could accept back a salary dumb and get a lottery pick the way the market goes.
    He's also too injury prone to risk taking the QO.

In other words in my opinion, Parker will probably be forced to accept a 11-13 per a year with team options for injury too. Noone has shown any interest to sign him. And if by a miracle he manages to find a good qo the Bucks will just let him go than pay him.

18. Vivi

Vivi Member

That's very possible, now i don't remember exactly how Windhorst (i think it was him with Jackie and maybe McMahon, not sure about him) started the argument, but i'm 90% sure about Jackie saying like "yeah, and he told them we have nothing to offer to you", which isn't exactly what i would say if i still have interest in negotiate lol (assuming that's really what Ainge said).

I also remember the arguments that come out later about Ainge being upset for not getting George etc...but personally, i think if he really wanted to trade for George he would've got him easily, he pretty much just needed to put Brown in the deal, but he didn't, and looks like he was right again. As today, i think he's the only gm who can literally trade for anyone who is available if he wants, pretty sure him, just like Daryl, wouldn't risk to lose a similar piece just to try to squeeze his interlocutor...they're definitely hard to deal with, but they're the ultimate opportunists and they reconize value, that's why i never believed in that rumor about him being upset for getting screwed, to me that looked more like something people who don't like him or didn't like his position (you might remember the arguments that were going on at that time like "man, Ainge, he has plenty of assets but he's cheap even if his team is nothing special bla bla") made up to...uhm, feel better? If that makes any sense, but that's just me.

#2718 Vivi, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018
    BigMaloe likes this.
  19. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

20. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

For whom? Ingram and Kuzma

Why? Because Kawhi won't sign an extension with a non-LA team. Paul George never made the same declaration and never warned all possible suitors he was officially a rental if traded for. Your move Boston...

Form a 3rd superteam? Like when Kawhi signs with the Lakers outright next summer anyways and leaves SA with nothing if they don't trade him now.

Woj and Aldridge, c'mon y'all, what am I really missing here!?

#2720 forchette49, Jun 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2018