1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

it's the weed in them that gives them that taste.

Dacamel likes this.
  2. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

When he went to Miami it was not his team. Then D-Wade told him he had to make it his team for them to win, and he did.

saleem likes this.
  3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

"tomatillo" this got me lol

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Correct. In his 1st year with Miami, Wade taught him how to become a leader, by setting an example from his championship experience. After that, the Heat became Lebron's team.

5. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

We have heard from Woj and Windhorst that LeBron could take his time in FA. Like it could be a week into July type stuff.

We know the best solution for the Rockets is LeBron opting in on June 29th for the trade. It allows the Rockets to keep the most assets.

If LeBron wants Houston he would want to get there with the best assets still on the team.

If LeBron waited into July, the Rockets would have to tear more into the team to make a deal.

Can anyone offer me why LeBron would still consider Houston "into July?"

6. Bobsputin

Bobsputin Member

sign and trade? Haven't seen anybody mention them, so assuming one will not work.

7. itsoktobealone

(I might be wrong) but if LeBron opts out of his contract I would say that eliminates Rockets as a destination. The (only) way for you guys is a sign and trade (so he has to opt in).

rocketman84 likes this.
  8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

This has been the narrative all along......but you never know what Morey has up his sleeves :D

amaru likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Everyone keeps bringing up "sign and trade." I think you guys are stuck in the old CBA. Sign and Trade in the NEW CBA has some BIG ramifications by putting a team capped at the Hard Cap. And that has MAJOR consequences. You can't go over. Even to sign vet minimum guys.

This was not the case in the old CBA. In the old CBA you could even S&T to get the 5th year. I don't believe you can do that now. So S&T's value as a tool is not as great as it used to be.

BigMaloe likes this.
  10. aroundtheblock2

Lol, Morey is good, but he's not THAT good. Its impossible for the Rockets to acquire LeBron in any other way aside from the opt-in and trade.

amaru likes this.
  11. J.R.

J.R. Member

...and then would hard cap themselves.

[​IMG]

Time to start preparing for plan C though Z!

amaru likes this.
  12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It's not impossible it's just not practical.

edit: for example, basketballholic has suggested that Paul will play for the minimum if he has to

steddinotayto likes this.
  13. itsoktobealone

Not talking about narrative. I literally think its impossible to sign LeBron any other way than an opt-in sign and trade. Now I'm no cap expert but the logic is there. (And without wishful thinking of players taking minimum's to sign another one. This ain't 2k)

Sooooo...if he opts-out (which I think he will) you might as well say goodbye to him. For what it's worth, you don't need him anyway. The Rockets should be doing other stuff than chasing LeBron.

14. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Two has to tango and if Cleveland is unwilling to deal and LeBron and CP3 really want to team up, I really want to see what Morey has in store for us.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

For all intents and purposes, if this drags into July, we're out of the running. I'd rather just run it back with the squad we have at that point.

16. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

When we traded for Paul last year, we had bonafide assets in Bev, Harrell, Lou, and our 1st pick.

We have nothing of value that can be traded to Cleveland at this point other than some low future 1st Rounders. Morey is going to have to rely on the Hawks and Kings of the world to do him a solid by eating Ryan Anderson's contract so that we can acquire LeBron via trade.

It would take an unprecendeted summer for the Rockets to acquire LeBron if he opts out of his last year....like MLE or Vet's minimum kind of situation.

bratna8 likes this.
  17. aroundtheblock2

Lol, you sure you're not just being a Rockets homer? Because Anderson + Gordon is a LOT more valuable than that bunch of rag tag bench players. Beverley was the only legit guy in that trade but he's at best a solid starter on a playoff team, Anderson could actually play 30 minutes a night for a playoff team in the east while Gordon could possibly make the all-star team as a starter in the east. Not one of the guys the Rockets shipped to LAC has the potential to be an all star.

I'm guessing as a Rockets fan you're just caught over over-valuing Rockets players despite their actual production.

18. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

It might not take that many assets in this situation. Last summer, CP3 made it clear that he was going to Houston, so LAC had more leverage because we wanted a S&T so we wouldn't have to get rid of more pieces to clear cap space.

If LBJ tells the Cavs he's out no matter what and LAL is a viable option, the Cavs might be willing to deal with us even if the return is next to nothing. It happened that way when he went to Miami. The key here though is convincing the Cavs that LAL is indeed a viable option and that he's going there for sure if they don't trade him to us.

19. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

If the New York Knicks did not want Ryan Anderson then why would the Cavaliers?

amaru likes this.
  20. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Paul ain’t playing for the minimum

amaru and justtxyank like this.