1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Time Things Don't Go Daryl Morey's Way, What Now ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Jul 7, 2010.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I know where my Money is

[​IMG]

2. FoOLiSh_AzN

FoOLiSh_AzN Member

i am disappointed that rockets couldn't get chris bosh...But Morey is STILL A VERY GOOD GM.

3. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

oh my friend, you just wait. Morey just wants you to think he was after Bosh and then........bam Lebron is wearing number 6 and coming off our bench behind ariza for the best offensive explosion in NBA history. We'll all be like ".....wtf....I wanted bosh but.....I guess lebron is a good addition to our bench..."

4. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Id be dissapointed if Lebron signs in New York. I am not dissapointed now because we still hold all the cards we would have given up for Bosh and Toronto wanted. Which is why they may not have given Bosh the SNT he wanted and he might have justlost 30 million dollars over it. Might have.

5. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Screw that! I think LeBron would look good in a Rio Grande Valley Vipers jersey.

6. ooliverb1

ooliverb1 Member

First time? not really.

Gorat and yes, remember this name? Rashard Lewis? :grin:

7. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Now I would like it if he tried to get Granger away from the Pacers and signed B Miller. Yao with Martin and Granger out there would be ridiculous.

8. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

You know in Morey we trust thing is turrible as Charles would say. It's like the guy saying Not even God could sink the Titanic right before it ran into an ice berg.

I don't think the Rockets are going to be a FA destination as long as Yao is part of the team. Not if they really want to win he's just to injury prone.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It was CD that brought that useless piece of **** over.

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

Morey's moves never hurt us, we don't have a single overpaid player besides the expiring Jeffries. The guys that don't work out (Dorsey, Green, VSpan) don't hurt us in the short or long term.

That's why Morey is a great GM.

He's like Iceman, no mistakes.

11. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

I wouldn't say he failed on Stoudamire (2x) or Gortat. Stoudamire first time was a rumour, and the rumour was DM pulled it off due to no physical being granted, and Stoudamire 2nd time or Gortat hardly counts as failures if other people are willing to pay crazy contracts to get them. If somebody else poaches my gardener for $200/hr when I'm only willing to pay $20/hr, I'll let them have him.

12. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Morey had nothing to do with not drafting Rashard Lewis. That was Carol Dawson's blunder.

13. Luckyazn

Luckyazn Contributing Member

Bosh never wanted to come here ... and dont think it really even crossed his mind.

We wanted him to come here, but he was too busy riding DWade's jock.

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

You can't really asked for more what Morey has done, if Wade was playing for the Rockets, Bosh would of played for the Rockets. It is obvious he idolizes Wade more than he idolizes himself, he's going to find out Wade isn't like Yao, who shares and cares for his teammates. I would be more disppointed if Luis and Lowry left as FA because I see them as Rockets more than Bosh as a Rocket.

15. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Morey gave Lewis the Bosh treatment when he became a free agent and showed up at his house at 12:01. Then Rashard gave Morey the Bosh treatment and signed to play with a superstar in Florida.

16. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

No, I'm not disappointed in not getting Bosh.

I'm disappointed we went as hard as we did after him but hey its done. I like the young guys we have now and think with a little polish we could still have one of the deeper teams in all the NBA this coming season.

17. ezzie

ezzie Member

i'd guess DM knew all along that Bosh was not likely to come to Houston- however he was willing 2 make an offer on the outside chance that he could sway Bosh's mind. i never thought Bosh was coming and it seemed that most were just tryin to convince themselves that we had a chance. so what's the greatest GM 2 do? he pumped up the fan base, kept everyone interested in the Rockets during the off-season, and got Houston some national interest as well. great PR move with very little risk, worse case senario is where we are now, Bosh said no. best case senario he'd have said yes and everyone would be swooning at DM's feet.

18. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

Vince Carter

19. bpbkforlife

bpbkforlife Member

LMMFAO!

20. Sman2k10

Sman2k10 Member

This is my take on this issue. About a month ago or even two weeks ago. The chances of Houston being mentioned in any secnario involving bosh. 0. this proves what morey accomplished. he went out and showed everyone houston is willing to do anything to get back on the championship level. ESPN mentioned having some chances of landing him after that. someone even said Lebron should come to houston. this got the organization's name out there. he just laid foundation. now everyone knows how commited houston his. I am exicted and optimisstic for the future.