1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st Time Things Don't Go Daryl Morey's Way, What Now ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by httx713, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Don't forget that he tried and failed to get Stoudamire . . . twice.

I wouldn't call them mistakes really. They were low risk moves that would be great if they panned out but wouldn't be a big deal if they didn't. Low risk, high reward. I like that he does those kinds of things. The Scola trade was that kind of move, and we got rid of VSpan in the process.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

VSpan?

;)

DD

3. tcadriel

tcadriel Member

I know Morey did everything he could all while making sure he isn't giving himself a raw deal. Seems as Bosh and his agent weren't ever planning on coming here and Morey still had a lot of us believing he could get it done. I sure would hate to play poker with him.

That being said, I'm glad it's over. I'm confident Morey has a solid plan. He could make a move quickly or he might not make a move until the deadline. We can speculate all we want but you can never tell what he'll pull. I know he's out looking for deals. In Morey We Trust.

4. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I think D.Morey is a good GM but he failed in the case of Bosh.
    We were allowed to conjure up a feeling that we had a fair chance of
    getting Bosh. After the 20 mins. meeting, Morey should have deduced that we
    stood littte chance of getting him. I just hope that Morey is working hard on plan 'A' part two and will once again bring smiles to our faces. :p

5. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

in morey we trust
    because if it wasnt for him we wouldnt even have been in the mix of the free agency
    plus i think we should expect the S&T to happen during the season he grabbed all these assets to be used in a s&t and damit they will
    IN MOREY WE TRUST ;)

6. pbnfamilia

pbnfamilia Member

Plus he didnt get amire beacuse the suns wouldnt let morey see his test results until he was traded so morey declined the trade

7. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

IMO this whole Bosh thing is a cover up for something, I really believe Morey has something under his sleeves.

8. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Morey drafted these two players, they have more heart than Chris Bosh will ever have.

[​IMG]

9. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

And what then? How would we be in a different position now if Morey had just called off the chase after that initial meeting?

10. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Great Thread :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

11. DaonlyLA

DaonlyLA Member

How about we try to bring back Okafor to Houston and CP3 take Posey off there hands as well...

12. lokeej

lokeej Member

I'm glad Bosh didn't sign here! He's soft and we don't need anymore soft players. Yeah, his stats and talent are above avg, but he's doesn't show much leadership skills, as we all noticed today with him going under Wade's wing!

As far as Morey, I still think he's doing a good job, and I have faith he will continue to do so! IN MOREY I TRUST!!

13. davestrate

davestrate Member

Not disappointed at all, he couldnt pull the trigger prior to the draft, post draft and i honestly didnt think he'd be able to do anything in free agency this summer. Ill be surprised if he does make a splash and unless we target and obtain lebron in the last minute it wont be a splash, so there.....that's my cup of tea.

14. davestrate

davestrate Member

stop kidding yourself, isnt these past few hours proof enough???

15. Laozi

Laozi Member

Well, if rumor is to be believed it wasn't the trade scenario it was Amare not wanting to do a contract extension.

I don't really know what to think about Bosh. I was sorta excited to be in the mix for him, he would have been the most athletic big we've had since Hakeem, but in the end I think things might have worked out best. I don't want to malign Bosh, Miami got a nice player, but I just was never convinced he wasn't another T-Mac. Either case Miami's probably a better place for him.

As far as the Rockets go, I wasn't 100% sold that they really wanted anyone of the upper-tier FA's. Going after Bosh sorta made the most sense and they brought out the dog and pony and got ESPN talking about them, fight the good fight, etc. Meanwhile I'm sure a lot of teams have been looking over the Rocket's roster while Wade and Bosh figured out where they could make it happen together :rolleyes: I just can't believe Morey went into FA without knowing the level of commitment Bosh had to playing with either Wade or Lebron. Oh, and Joe Johnson is nowhere near the same. So I don't really figure this as a loss in any way for Morey, he definitely got Houston in the conversation and sort of establishes the Rockets as one of the teams with the most assets going forward.

On a side note looking over the Heat's roster I sorta pity the velociRaptors. You simply can not let Bosh go to the Heat with out taking Beasley, but what else? I get that Bosh proceeded this way to minimize the velociRaptor's leverage, but how bad of a trade can you really accept?

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

The caravan is at SCK's place, yo. As lusual.

17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Truthfully, I think Bosh GF played a major part in his decision.....read her twitter...."she is like yayyy I can work on my tan all year.....omg I love MIA the food is great and so is the nightlife...."

Basically....Houston = NBA Babymomma Capital

18. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

Which he turned into Luis Scola, so all is forgiven.

19. HRocketsFan

HRocketsFan Member

It's like Landry just farted and Aaron Brooks heard it and is trying to play it cool. Adelman is embarrassed and Morey is the one who got a whiff of it.

20. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

We would have probably given up Brooks so I'm glad the deal didn't happen.