1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st round pick for Rockets

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by jeremyang2002, Mar 25, 2006.

?

1st round pick

1. Brandon Roy

59 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. JJ Redick

30 vote(s)
    15.0%
  3. Rodney Carney

20 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Shelden Williams

26 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. Joakim Noah

15 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. Tyrus Thomas

33 vote(s)
    16.5%
  7. Randy Foye

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  8. Ronnie Brewer

4 vote(s)
    2.0%
  9. Marcus Williams

6 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Tiago Splitter

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Considering the old saying that you never pass on a big man to take a small man. Anybody want to change their vote to JOAKIM NOAH?

2. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

that's expert analysis...considering the fact that he has long been known as "baby shaq."

3. jeremyang2002

jeremyang2002 Contributing Member

After today's game,Noah is going to be a top 5 pick for sure.

But we move up to the 10th draft pick.

4. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

I'm actually glad a lot of "bigs" are skyrocketing up the draft due to the tourney, this could leave a couple good players closer to us.

5. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

About two weeks from now, we'll have a better grip on the consensus top 10 picks. Things are changing so much because some players stocks have skyrocketed that I can't get my brain around it.

6. 3814

3814 Contributing Member

the thing is...there are so many players that are around the same value IMO that even if the rockets have a 10th pick, they'll still greatly improve their team.

Gay
    Alderidge
    Morrison
    McRoberts
    T. Thomas
    Carney
    Roy
    O'Bryant
    Shelden Williams
    Big Baby
    Foye
    Brewer
    Noah

etc...will all be considered in the top 10...leaving one of: gay/thomas/carney/roy/noah likely to fall.

7. Outlier

Outlier Member

The way everything is going, we could end up with Gay, who was the consesus #1 throughout the whole season until now.

8. Mordo

Mordo Contributing Member

Noah could put on some weight. Look at Yao.

9. jm434

jm434 Contributing Member

yes his built is just like yao's... ps hes an excellent ball handler/passer as a big man and i think he would work GREAT playing alongside yao and tmac.

10. aburttschell

aburttschell Contributing Member

My top 5

1. T. Thomas
    2. Rodney Carney
    3. Brandon Roy
    4. Ronnie Brewer
    5. Mardy Collins

11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Good to see people finally catching on with Noah. I talked him up as the Tourney started. He just continues to impress. Noah and Tyrus Thomas are easily head and shoulders above any other big in the draft as far as I am concerned. I wasnt all that impressed with Aldridge. Although he looks to have nice "potential."

Noah to me has the same potential as AK-47.

12. gunn

gunn Contributing Member

Shawn James

I would love to see him put his name in this year and the Rockets draft him at the top of Round 2 (if he were to last that long).

#52 gunn, Mar 27, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2006
  13. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

Rashard will be an UDFA.

Foye is a special player, but may not be tall enough.

Brandon Roy IMO would really help the Rockets. But 10ish maybe a little early for him, he isn't the super athletic swing man types that usually go top 10.

14. boomer83

boomer83 Contributing Member

:confused:
    Roy will easily be in the top 10, have you seen his game?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Brandon Roy will be selected before we pick. I would be VERY surprised if he was available. He is probably the #1 SG on the board right now.

16. fa7999

fa7999 Member

1) Noah;
    2) Moses;
    3) Abraham;
    4) Reddick.

in that order. JJ is slipping badly and maybe we can get him by trading down instead of up.

17. Ra Ooh La La

Ra Ooh La La Contributing Member

Allow me a moment to pimp on behalf of Mr. Brandon Roy. It's not even really close who the top guy is in the draft, and I don't even like Pacific Heights / NW basketball. Maybe I'm just a sucker for guys with that DWade way about their game. It would be ridiculous if we were in position to draft him.

Other guys I really like:

Rodney Carney / Ronnie Brewer - These guys have straight up gangsta in their respective games (They'd play with diamonds in their ears a la T-Mac if they were allowed). Long and quick and athletic. And their skill sets are just nasty. Arent' you tired of seeing Dallas have success with guys like these.

Joakim Noah - Along the lines of the Matrix and TPrince. This guys is quick and athletic enough to play the 3 and long and agressive enough to battle in the 4. If his perimeter, face-up offensive game develops, his ceiling is in the stars.

Hassan Adams - I simply cannot ever pass up an impact player who's played under Lute Olsen. All he does is make pros who become stars. The Zona pedigree is scary. Don't sleep on him if we end up with a late first rounder or early 2nd.

18. Desert Scar

I am in Pac 10 country, I have watched him a ton for multiple years.

He does it all well, but isn't a supreme athlete, isn't a great shooter and isn't super lengthy. He is good in all these qualities (good passer and smart player too), just not phenom like that describes most swing men prospects that are drafted at the top. We are not talking about an Igodala (sp?--super long and super athletic to go with good fundamentals) or Wade here (super athletic and strong for his size along with the fundamentals).

I could be wrong, but I don't see top 5 in him. I'd guess 10-20, we are talking a good NBA role player prospect, but not a superstar prospect.

19. Desert Scar

Adams athletically is actually superior to Roy. But Roy is a much more well rounded player. Adams would be an interesting early 2nd round pick.

The tape will be important for both players prospects.

20. Chopped

Chopped Member

does any one have a good scouting report about Noah? all i know is he has shaggy hair ala anderson varejao.