1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1994 Finals DVDs on sale for $19.99

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Icehouse, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Forgive me if this is the wrong forum. I put it here instead of the Classifieds because I'm not trying to sell anything....just alert fellow fans of a great deal.

Amazon has a father's day sale going on now, and they have discounted all of their NBA related DVD's, including the complete 1994 Finals (all uncut games):

http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Houston-Rockets-1993-1994-Champions/dp/B000ION24Y/ref=pd_sim_d_1

They also have the 86 Finals for $19.99, even though they edited out the Sampson fight. Sucks that we lost but at least I don't have to track down viedotapes or youtube mixes to see a young Hakeem anymore.

http://www.amazon.com/NBA-Boston-Celtics-1985-86-Champions/dp/B0010V4VKI/ref=pd_sim_sg_5

They have these sets on special for the other teams too (for some of those undercover Laker fans like francis 4 prez....just jokes man), and I almost got suckered into spending all my damn money to cover the 80's and early 90's, until I saw this bad boy for $19.99:

http://www.amazon.com/NBA-25-Years-of-Champions/dp/B0007VY47W/ref=pd_sim_d_18

Enjoy. I figure this should help me while I wait for football season....

2 people like this.
  2. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

You just made a lot of fathers happy. :)

3. roswell raygun

I'm still waiting for the 1995 set. I'll pay any price for that.

4. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

I just snagged a copy...only 13 left. You get free shipping if you spend $25 so I bought the Hakeem Hardwood classics DVD which was only $11.49.

Edit: Here's something interesting that I did not know until I read one of the reviews of the DVD set:

"I'll let the Houston fans comment on how important it is to have this series released on DVD. Of greater interest to me is that Game 5, which occurred simultaneous to the OJ Simpson Bronco chase and had NBC switching away from the game to coverage of the chase while showing the game in a corner, is presented here completely OJ free. For the sections of the game where NBC broke away, Marv Albert and the rest of the announcers are silent, but you do see the game action continue to unfold without distraction, and I'm glad they released the game in this way that those of who taped it originally could not experience."

5. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

They should have the OJ chase as an Easter Egg.

7. Icehouse

It's 54 Euro for the whole set. That seems to be the price for all of their sets.

Have you ordered any of these? If so, are they just the full games or what? Good quality?

8. Icehouse

Man, you should have snagged the 86 Finals!!! Only 8 bucks more....

9. Malcolm

Malcolm Member

That was a cheap shot

10. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

It's a good deal but I can't stand watching the Rockets lose..

11. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

FYI, if you in Houston, check out the Only 99cent store, I've seen the Hakeem DVD there with a few of other Hardwood Classic DVDs (100 amazing plays, Patrick Ewing, Barkley)

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Yeah they are perfect.

As the games were originally broadcast with the updated DVD quality.

13. Bassfly

Bassfly Member

This is only the finals series vs the knicks correct?

Would love to relive the entire playoff journey.

14. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Yeah I wish NBA store offered some service where you can buy dvds of any playoff series, would make a lot of fans happy just for digging through their archives.

15. MayoRocket

MayoRocket Contributing Member

Just bought the 93 Finals and the Hakeem the Dream dvd!! I almost bought the 86 Finals but the package it came in is just too damn ugly. :p

Reputation for you my man!

16. Icehouse

Updated quality? Like what?

Well, I just rethought the prices and seeing how most of these box sets are $50 and above (USD), the prices on your link really aren't that bad. I was comparing those prices to the sale prices on Amazon. The only thing I don't like is that it's the same price for a series, no matter if that's 4 games or 7.

17. Icehouse

Yes, just the Finals...and some bonus disk with something else on it.

18. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

You can always get the games individually (maybe just the
    Rocket wins)

19. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

oh and when I say 'updated quality' I just mean its good quality to the point that you know your watching a DVD, not just an old VHS that has been converted.

20. JaWindex

JaWindex Contributing Member

My dad will enjoy this a lot(as will I). Thank you!