1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1984 draft on NBA.com

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by dave feitl, Jun 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. dave feitl

dave feitl Member

This is the draft that affected the league for years, hopefully this years draft will be just as successful for us.

Could have had Jordan, but Dream was always my favorite.

I feel fortunate to have watched Dream night in and night out.

9:30 on NBA.com (atleast in Austin)

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Best draft class ever 84. HOF players in dream,stockton,jordan,and Barkely thats 4 of the top 50 in one draft class. Solid players like OT,Perkins,Willis amongst other. Best ever in my eyes.

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I turned the channel too late... I joined in at around pick 19. arrrrggg...

4. drapg

drapg Member

i've watched all of the drafts on NBATV this weekend, and i still can't get over Karl Malone's clown suit from the 1985 draft...

plus i had forgotten that Nique was drafted by Utah... how come that's not mentioned as one of the worst trades in sports history?

5. mav3434

mav3434 Member

They're showing the 81 draft right now (Isaiah) and Steve the Snapper is interviewing Peter Vecsey. Vecsey has on a cream colored shirt unbuttoned way too low and is wearing a beige Members Only Jacket with a button up collar. priceless!

6. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

EDIT : wups... i thought you said it was on now. I figured this wasn't the Hakeem draft when they were talking about Rolando Blackman. :)

7. hoopgod13

hoopgod13 Contributing Member

I got a question..

Is there anyway I can find out the TV listings for NBA.COM TV? I always miss the good programs cuz they're not listed in the tv guide on my digital cable...

8. drapg

drapg Member

what cable provider do you use?

i'm in austin and i use time warner digital cable... they have NBA TV listed in the on screen interactive guide.

if you get the channel, it should be in the interactive guide as well.

9. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Just a reminder... Akeem is about to get drafted on NBA.com TV. So are Jordan, Barkley and Stockton. It'll be interesting to see what they say about them.

10. Prempeh

Prempeh Member

9:57 pm...Big Smoove just got drafted by Dallas and David Stern has a p*rn-star mustache...

11. OverRRated

OverRRated Member

Does anyone think we'll look back on any recent/future draft and be amazed by the players drafted many years down the road?

Looking back, that '84 Class is simply amazing.

12. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

career wise--i don't think so

talent wise-- 96 and 98 maybe

96--iverson, ray allen, shareef, marbury, jermaine o'neal, kobe, stojakovic

98--bibby, carter, nowitzki, pierce, jamison, bonzi wells, and mobley

13. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Because that trade saved the Utah Jazz franchise, sending the money that team needed to survive from Atlanta to Utah.

And, last time I checked, the Utah Jazz have been in the NBA Finals twice, the _Atlanta_ Hawks haven't made it out of the second round.