1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

17 - 20 - 22

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsFan11, Jul 1, 2023.

1. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Those are the # of games this franchise has won the past 3 seasons. We really want to keep all those players?

Udoka obviously came here with a plan. He wants to develop our CORE young guys, change the CULTURE, and ultimately WIN!

If players are moved (Garuba, TyTy, Christopher) he obviously doesn’t believe they will be impactful.

Green + Jabari + Sengun + Amen, even KPJ (for now) all still in tact. Adding proven vets around them is a positive.

It won’t happen in one off-season, and we have to start WINNING before you will attract the elite players.

But to me, this off-season is about Udoka, not Stone. He’s just following orders.

Everyone was stoked with the Udoka hire, have to give the guy a chance…

2. maj21

maj21 Member

Don’t like the contracts, but these guys gotta go! We can’t have 12 young guys on the team. This is gonna help the ones that are still here

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now with all of these awful contracts added, it'll be more fun when we win 20 games this season and next season, and the season after that....

berkowsk and ApacheWarrior like this.
  4. invocux

invocux Member

Garuba, TyTy and Jaygup all terrible players who will be 7th, 8th options in their absolute primes. Jaygup might even be out of the league since he's no clue what bb is. Kid doesn't get it. Ime isn't an idiot i reckon he immediately realized how worthless they were. Don't let those weirdo twins on Twitter fool you with 20 seconds of clips. TyTy isn't good. He ain't gonna be good just because he broke some dude's ankle for once.

ReverseBjorn and Jayzers_100 like this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Rockets taking that LeBron joke serious about joining the team that drafts Bronny

Another top 4 worst record guaranteed

Bobbythegreat and Tuckmose like this.
  6. PatBev

PatBev Member

Guarantee a 35-40 win team next year

7. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Brooks is WORSE than Jalen, KPJ, Bari, Tari, and especially Sengun by every advanced metric, and none of those guys (outside KPJ) are 22 yet.

I say with supreme confidence that he will not only make the team worse, but impede on Amen and Whitmore's development unless Stone and Ukoda are willing to admit defeat and glue his bum ass to the bench.

All the other offseason moves minus Brooks and I say the team wins 35 games, but not only is Brooks here, but he has me questioning the intellect of Ime as well, 27 wins, and we give the 6th pick to OKC.

HardenReturns likes this.
  8. topfive

topfive CF OG

According to most here in the GARM, you're overlooking one thing:

[​IMG]

I agree with @RocketsFan11 . I don't see the problem. We kept the best 6 or 7 players on the team and cut loose some unrealized potential. We signed a few guys who may or may not help, but will be gone in a couple of years if they don't.

Phase 2 is proceeding on schedule. WHERE exactly is the problem? We were not going to make the playoffs this year, regardless. This is all about waiting for the high draft picks to reach their potential. That will happen over the next couple of years. Then we move to Phase 3. Some of you guys were evidently hoping to skip Phase 2 and jump directly to Phase 3 in one off-season.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  9. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

I agree with the OP and made a similar point in another thread. The team sucked -- we needed to turn over the lower-potential players. We've done that. That's the better path forward rather than clinging to picks that didn't pan out. Scratch off the lottery ticket -- and if it doesn't pay out, then throw it away.

10. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Exactly. People are missing the forest for the trees. Notice how FVV went from “the worst contract ever” and now we know the 3rd year is a team option..when considered against the timing of our rookie deals, FVV’s deal is a slam dunk