1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560am] Morey on within the hour

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Faos, Feb 12, 2008.

1. JuNx

JuNx Contributing Member

I wish there were some trade related questions.

2. tsunami

tsunami Member

Luis and Scola the same guy, no?

3. echu888

echu888 Member

Exactly. That's how hard the guy plays.

4. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

Good catch. Fixed it - it was Yao. Guess I really love Scola ;)

5. badgerfan

badgerfan Member

So in other words you've got two groups of players:

1) A bunch of players in their prime.
    2) Guys who have been in the league for a long time because they came in so young. By implication they are not in their prime.

Hmm.

6. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Didn't he say we need to play Chuck more during his last interview? I guess starter and minutes aren't necessarily correlated in Hayes' unique situation but...

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

That was a particular game he was talking about. It was the Philly game I believe because of who he would have been matched up against and to maintain the lead that they had with a stronger defensive rotational player.

I am sure everyone knew that Chuck would be relegated to the bench once Scola was ready.

8. MeatAndPotatoes

I damn near just choked on my milk when i read that. [​IMG]

9. landryfans

landryfans Member

Woo, Morey is a Tmac hater, or YOF... :eek:

10. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You can't be too pleased, I think, when your team still on pace for the lottery.

Then again, the Rockets are on pace to be the first ever 50-win lotto team, no?

I don't know what will happen exactly, but I see the Rockets getting a 2nd experienced reliable PG in exchange for guys who are currently out of rotation (and possibly a pick).

11. opticon

opticon Member

That sounds like a delonte west or chirs duhon to me. I would like west we need more size at the point with the the likes of deron , bdiddy and brandon roy running around the west.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

probably more of a crack at bonzi, james and rafer than t-mac.

13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Nope. Bonzi had an excellent career at Ball State. James went to Duquesne and graduated. Rafer spent 3 years in college. Two at a couple of community colleges and a year at Fresno State. Besides, Alston is playing over his head. Morey wouldn't take a shot at him, I don't think. For his decision making, sure, but not in this context. Off hand, I'd say Tracy fits the description to a "T."

14. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Either Morey just woke up or He is REALLY pissed off at Tmac and his lackadaisical effort.

15. abc2007

abc2007 Member

I think Morey should blame himself first. The two pgs he signed last summer are useless now.

16. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think T-mac's effort in the first half of games is partly due to injury, partly him being intentionally passive, and partly him pacing himself and saving himself for the 2nd half.

Jordan often had bad first halves and then controlled the game the second half. It may be that t-mac is learning it's more important to expend his energy in the second half. This has many benefits:

1. Get others involved early and see who has the hot hand that night
    2. Limit the aggravation of his knee injury
    3. Let him feel out how his game is that night and what he can contribute

I am satisfied with his play. Does he take a lot of outside jumpers? Yeah, but you can't take that away from him. And he's not driving to the basket hard in the first half - i'd rather him do it in the second than the first if he only has so much to give.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Hey, I'm a fan of McGrady. That said, he's had some issues with the team and Adelman that have shown up in his play on the court from time to time, in my opinion. Hopefully, he's getting over that. Morey is the one who appears to have taken a shot at him. I find that rather interesting.

18. hooroo

hooroo Member

On the Lakers success: "The Fisher acquisition was huge".

19. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i agree. depending on how this season goes, i'd either consider trading him this summer for as much as we could get...or, wait until next years deadline and move him for endings. james' contract should be up that summer as well. that should put us under the cap enough to make a major signing in the best FA pool in years.

or maybe they can trade him to a team that's afraid of losing their star to the FA pool that summer... like arenas, johnson, wade, kobe (probably not anymore), brand, JO, odom, bibby, kidd, iverson...

just saying, if there was ever a time to trade him, the rockets can't go wrong next year.

20. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Exactly, I'm still wondering why we did not try to get him to come to Houston.