1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1560: Will be on "No Layups" show tonight (2/15) at 7:15pm

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 15, 2010.

1. AggieRocketsFan

I think Manu would be a great idea for next year. This would make Battier expendable. Maybe a swap for Hinrich if he is still available? Bulls would like a defender to play with Wade next year.

Also, with Lowry and Hinrich at the PG, this would make AB available to play in a Jason Terry 6th man role. Lowry and Hinrich both have the ability to guard the 2 spot. AB could run the 2 on offense and guard the 1 on defense. This all depends on how much growth Brooks has this off season.

2. today

today Contributing Member

Thanks for taking the question guys...

I agree, he's a great complimentary piece... But next year I think he's a 30 minute per game guy, not 38. I even think he ought to be at 32-34 minutes this year so that Chase and Jermaine can get some more minutes.

Watching Trevor try to create off the dribble is so extremely painful to watch. I can't wait until he returns to his appropriate role.

#42 today, Feb 15, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  3. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Any truths to the Jamison to Houston rumors?

4. worzel gummidge

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Clutch on

DN: Dave joining us.

DN: Talk trade deadline. Had Bill on, sometimes get frustrated with what he says.

C: According to Yahoo and Adrian, he's been a great source. T-Mac, Cook, Dorsey for Jefferies, Harrington or Hughes, and Hill. What I like are the picks included. The way I see it, shows unpredictability of DM and predictability of Les. Adding 3 solid assets. Good move for them.

DN: Got Dave with us. People snap around td time.(joking) Roster balance - all these deals we hear are about getting 3s. Again, you have multitude of 4s and 3s in this trade

C: Bar will be raised next year. They'll be able to flip Jefferies with his expiring next year. Hill is a raw prospect. They'll be in a good position with this trade, hopefully this year and next.

DN: For this season, if this goes through, lineup wise?

C: If this was only deal, not sure this will help that much. I am curious what else could be in the works. Scola being moved could be moved if talking additional deals. If this deal alone, not much impact this season. Harrington could maybe be flipped.

RR: I like it because you're not losing additional pieces from the lineup. W/ 31 games left, hearing anything about a wing player?

C: Nothing really. Rockets were interested in Kevin Martin and would of like to seen Sac budge on him.

RR: Phones open...Opinions welcomed. Biggest thing they'll have to do with 31 games left?

C: Offense and defense. They need scoring. Had problems scoring.

RedRowdy: Last deal on the table? Was this plan Z?

C: Knicks I thought were fallback plan. A positive for the Rockets though. Knicks going all in for this summer. Going into good position this summer.

RedRowdy: Not really getting a scorer or go to guy.

C: Agree. Hoping to see Brooks grow. In trade aspect, they could see their value increase. Rockets wont abandon this season. We could see a second move. Maybe a PF is moved. They do need a wing scorer.

C: Bar will be raised again next season. Getting Yao will help. Don't like the other names thrown around besides Martin. They'll be in good position this summer for maybe adding a second "star".

:Addresses Worzel question:

DN: Could be a potential other move.

C: Al a possibility to be flipped.

DN: I think we have Morey rules. Knows how to find young talent. Why shouldn't we not trust him.

C: If you know Houston, under Morey, they've done their homework in the draft. For them to make this move for Hill, they believe in him; has a future and potential.

DN: Guam's awesome.

Takes YoYo's call. Takes a shot at Tracy lol.

YoYo: Players in the S&T market?

DN: In McGrady's case, I think he is a S&T possibility.

C: If they couldn't find a place for him now, why would they do it later? As for YoYo ?, I think that is a key. All about the S&T. How many valuable assets can you obtain? Houston positioned nice in that regard for S&T. They will have assets. Gotta find that team that is giving up. Maybe PHX, Toronto, or Miami if say Wade wanted out. They'd want young pieces. Hard for me to look at one situation. Even if not a S&T, things could change in GS for example.

Address TA question - why isnt he seeing less minutes, and more for younger players, etc.

DN: They believe in him.

END

Basically, the gist of things.

6. Puff

Puff Member

You are the court reporter for clutchfans....

7. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

at least there was a benefit to no school and tons of snow.. I got to hear no layups live! :)

good show guys

8. Puff

Puff Member

I have seen those rumors online, but have not been told by any of my sources he is a target.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Quality interview as always, good job Clutch. :)

10. Puff

Puff Member

I can still hear Raheel typing...

Thanks for the props...

11. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Im drawing up the courtroom sketch, but Yoyo's mean mug is taking some extra detail work.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Good stuff as always Raheel & Nuno and you too Clutch.

13. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Great show guys. Thanks once again.

14. Puff

Puff Member

Podcast for my homies...

<div>
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="210" height="25" id="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/kx6bak/davehardisty.mp3&autoStart=no" />
    <param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
    <embed src="http://www.podbean.com/podcast-audio-video-blog-player/mp3playerlightsmallv3.swf?audioPath=http://thegame.podbean.com/mf/play/kx6bak/davehardisty.mp3&autoStart=no" quality="high" width="210" height="25" name="mp3playerlightsmallv3" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" /></embed>
    </object>
    <br /><a style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-weight: normal; padding-left: 41px; color: #2DA274; text-decoration: none; border-bottom: none;" href="http://www.podbean.com">Powered by Podbean.com</a>
    </div>

1 person likes this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Good stuff guys. Thanks for the podcast Puff

16. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

its gonna take longer cuz i am growing the goatee out

17. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

thanks again to raheel and nuno for taking both of my calls :)

18. Egghead

Egghead Member

they are on now....

19. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

with Bill Ingram right now...

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Oh, Gawd, Bill "The Rocket Guy" Ingram? There goes the credibility of the show.