1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560/ClutchFans] "No Layups" Webisode and Radio Show (UPDATE: 12/4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Hahaha, thank you David. It was GREAT to hear my quote on the show and of course I appreciate your answer.

2. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Hey what's the story on that Francis jersey? Is it an unreleased alternate from the Rockets' blue period?

3. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

I bought that jersey from Ross for $20! I never saw that color until I came across it at Ross...I guess it was an unreleased color. In Francis we trust.

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Raheel,

How has Francis looked, is he working out, and is he participating in the full practices now?

DD

5. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

to be honest I have not seen him practice because we only get to watch the last 10 minutes of practice. I will ask around to get some unfiltered comments on him

6. DaDakota

Cool thanks, I am not counting on him but he could be a wild card if he could make it back.

DD

7. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

yeah we arent counting him to change the makeup of this team but at least we have something fun to root for while the team kicks some ass

8. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

I agree, Tmac needs to grow a pair. A pair of new legs!! :D

9. Felixthecat

Felixthecat Contributing Member

If Tmac needs to take three weeks, then so be it. However, when he does come back I hope all the excuses are done with!!! This sux so bad...I'm not gonna panic until after the break.

10. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

That's pretty cool. I always wanted the Rockets to do a red alternate back then. (lemme know if you ever want to sell it ;) )

Keep up the great shows. It's nice to see Steve get respect. :)

11. rockets_fanatic

Yup guys. The PR department use and rely on there elbows to do there job.
    The T-Mac bashing ****s me. He played through his soreness through November. SO did he have to play through the injury for 32 days instead of 31?

12. Puff

Puff Member

huh? I had trouble following your comment.

If you are referring to my comments on T-Mac, I think the basjhing was of him playing Doctor. The Doctors say he needs to take a week off, he says three weeks. Obviously there was a breakdown in communication right?

Athletes usually set their timetable shorter than the doctors prediction. Not longer. Think in Houston, Dunta Robinson. The Texan DB was told it would be a year and a half before he could return, but he said he would be back by training camp. That is the problem I had with the situation.

And as for the PR comment. It was a tongue and cheek joke with our buddy at the Rockets who injured himself.

Thanks for watching.

13. DaDakota

You guys are clearly just haters.

;)

DD

14. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Actually I belive, you David was defending Tracy :) But maybe I am wrong.

15. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

I talked to Steve yesterday and he told me his old athleticism is back. He just needs to work on his game because his shot off the dribble isn't there and he is not finishing at the basket consistently. He is confident that will come with time. He also said usually he improves during the course of the season (like in previous years) and peaks midway. He said its going to be tough for him to do that only in practice.

-SamVen

16. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Wow, thank you. If he can be back and have at least 70% of the athleticism he had I am happy. Maybe he can really help us.

17. opticon

opticon Member

I dont know if steve eligible any more but maybe he can go down to the d league and work him self into shape.

18. DaDakota

Unfortunatly he can't....the CBA doesn't allow it, but it should !!

DD

19. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

Are you for real? If he has even 75% of his old athleticism the league is in trouble. Is that really possibly though for a 31 going on 32 yr old to regain most of his old athleticism???

20. Samar

Samar Contributing Member

He can get to the basket but cannot finish. He said "the athleticism is back" but I don't know if he meant 100%, 80% or what. I'll ask him when I see him next.

- SamVen