1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[1560/ClutchFans] "No Layups" Webisode and Radio Show (UPDATE: 12/4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 10, 2008.

1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

haha Me and Raheel go way back...glad to see he actually got his ugly mug on video.

Hook em

2. dram1

dram1 Member

Will Battier have an effect on the offense? Not as a scorer, but his defense will.

One of the main reasons the Rockets are having some trouble scoring is because they have virtually no transition game because their opponents don't miss. So the transition game is limited to just opponent turnovers, which they have done pretty well with. But transition basketball after misses has also shown to be effective. Tracy has gotten a lot better at getting down the court to create fastbreak opportunities a whole lot more frequently. But our defense is not producing misses. Instead, we are taking it out and having to walk it up into a half-court offense that still have not learned. Battier playing defense on wings that like to score and shoot jumpers will produce some long rebounds, and assuming we can snag a few, we can push it down the other side.

Other than that...scoring defficiencies are due to a crap load of rust and not being at full health. Of course if Battier returns, and is limited health-wise, and thus not play defense to the level we are accustomed to, then we will be in a bit of trouble, because Ron hasn't been the defensive stopper we thought he would be.

3. min

min Member

you guys should do some interviews!

how about steve francis first... he's got nothing going on

4. cson

cson Contributing Member

Noice! Enjoyed it, really good for us outta-towners too.

Nice point about the clicking in Jan., but "how long to sing this song."
    Also good analysis on %s.

I'll watch, now get on there Clutch ;)

5. G0 R0CKETS

G0 R0CKETS Member

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Oh, my bad. I was multitasking :p

Plus my DVR screwed me and I missed most of the 3rd quarter. Is that when it occured?

7. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

I bet Adelman sings that song at every practice.

8. Puff

Puff Member

hey guys,

I thought I would share this with you... It's just like a "no lay ups" video but completely different.

not sure who did it...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Zs9bfegrJE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4Zs9bfegrJE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Can we post some questions and have them answer them through their show?

The Rockets biggest problem is they put a roster together with NO HEIGHT!!!! It's not shooting, it's not defense, it's just that we do not have any height. Boston out rebound us, Portland out rebound us,and so did the Lakers. All of those teams are vastly taller than us!! LOOK AT THE ROSTERS, AND IT"S GOING TO BE THE SAME WAY IN THE PLAY-OFFS!!!!!!!!!!!

New Jersey is trying to give Sean Williams away; he is long, athletic, and he can block shoots!! Look at his rookie stats, Get to work Morey.

10. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sure... feel free to post them here. Show starts in roughly 1.5 hours.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Damn it, I won't be able to listen to that. Will there be any recap? Hopefully yes.

12. Puff

Puff Member

we will send it to clutch...

13. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

Nuño, Raheel, you guys are great man. Love the station listen to it everyday and I try to get the word out to people to listen to the shows on your station. Hoping you guys become the most popular sports station in Houston and hoping more people listen to ya'll instead of the CPOD (Corporate Pile of Dung) with their Giants and 49ers FAN hosts!! Keep up the good work! Never thought a Aggie and a Longhorn could co-exist this well!! LOL! God bless.

14. Puff

Puff Member

wow, I am humbled. Thank you!

We will keep working at it...

15. raheel1560

raheel1560 Member

We just humbled all over each other...oh wait that doesn't sound right...The Rock who are you?

16. NUMBER1HR

NUMBER1HR Member

Yeah there is medication for that....ointments or something for premature humbling.....haha!

17. JujuxG

JujuxG Member

man..greats point.. i just wish the rocket can improve.

18. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

19. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Your whole life has been leading up to this moment.

20. drumbum

drumbum Member

Is Mig Nuno?