1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15. No go-to player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jopatmc, Feb 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adagio75

adagio75 Member

If you exchanged Lowry with Lin's situation it would not be the same results. To me Lowry is a ok point guard, but not consistant in his scoring. He is smaller, and also slower than Lin. Also there is a big difference between hitting a 4th quarter shot and hitting a game winner! If you miss a shot with 3 minutes left, you still have plenty of time to recover from the choke. If you miss the shot with 3 seconds left, then the game is over. Mentally the pressure is a heck of alot heavier. Does it mean that Lowry can't hit some clutch shots? Of course not. But i do think that Lin has a larger upside than Lowry, and i would'nt mind him bringing his talents to Houston if that was possible again.

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

It's about time we see what Morris can do. Sure he's going to have his rough spots but let him learn the game just like every great player has in the past. This ain't baseball and the NBDL ain't the minor leagues.

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's never as good or bad as it seems... Right now the coaching staff is what worries me.

Run princeton and the struggle on offense will go away.

4. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

You simply can't run Princeton without a high post passer.

5. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

:cool:.............

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

]
    ...I see what you did there...&

I agree FREE T-Will!!!

[​IMG]

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I agree with those that want to bring up Morris and see what he can do, but I really dont know who you bench. Obviously its one of Bud/Parsons, but even if you put Morris at the 3, I dont necessarily think he's going to be able to convert into that "power 3" that McHale spoke of, until they can get a true training camp under their belt or extended practice time.

I dont see a point of putting Morris in the game if he's just going to be sitting at the 3 point line and trying to facilitate. Sure he might make more shots then Parsons at the 3, but your shelving minutes for the best passer on the team outside of maybe Lowry, and taking away an important element to the defense that Parsons has brought to the table.

Its a tough call to make, but I would maybe give it a whirl if they loose say 2 more games in a row and they are that desperate for some post offense. However, the coaches butt is on the line if it looks like he cant get it right and is just trying anything. Keep that in mind.

8. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Very true. Even Adelman hasn't been running corner sets given his bigs are Milicic/Love/Pec.

IF, the Rocket aquired Gasol, I believe they could run some of those sets with him in mind. Thats why Im sort of hesitant to give up Martin if Gasol is coming in. They are both a couple of softees I know, but they would play very well together in alot of different offensive sets.

9. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I don't disagree. I think Morris can be that go to guy.

And imagine this: package centered around scola for Gasol and 1st rounder

Then package martin, our 1st rounder, and the NY 1st rounder to move up on draft day to draft Austin Rivers

10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Pass me some of whatever he's smoking...

11. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

yes thier is a difference... that is why i stated it... its still clutch... but what is funny is lowry made the SAME shot with a better defender in his face as Lin did... YET Lin can create his own shot all of a sudden and lowry still cant creat his own... sure Lin is a few inches taller... doesnt bother me all that much considering they play the smallest position anyways... and there is no way to determine that Lin is faster... only reason you believe he is faster is by perception and the media output that is New York... i gaurentee you that if lowry was on the knicks at the begining of the year when he was really hot and kept it going like he has he would be an all-star and all the media buzz.... top 3 pg? yea why not... thats what thier media does... They took a poll and Lin is already the second best pg in the league according to them... It is extreme knee-jerk from the biggest media market that was struggling with a star studded horrible basketball team... then alas something positive and they are all over it...

but dont tell me that Lin can make his own shot and Lowry cant when he made the same shot in a clutch situation being draped by a better defender...

12. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

once he passes it to you share it with me....

13. da_juice

da_juice Member

That's the downside with swapping Hayes for Dalembart. It's nice to have a shot blocker, but we lose some of our offensive flow.

I don't watch EuroLeague, but does anyone know how Motiejuanas is at shot blocking/altering? He should be big enough to play D, but nimble enough to not clog the paint on offense.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Hard to break it for you, I know your daughters love the Squid, but I think he will be a goner!

Morris is the next one.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wow....are you SERIOUSLY arguing that Lin is better than Lowry?? And did you really just call Lowry "ok"? Credibility ruined.

16. JonnyFlynn

JonnyFlynn Member

Did he just say "get THE Pau Gasol without losing Martin, Lowry, AND Scola"?

17. DOMINATOR

DOMINATOR Member

if only we could find a Lin of our own.
    oh wait...

;) :grin:

18. cod

cod Member

Lowry's been hitting clutch shots

19. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

people complain about not having a go to scorer, but others get flamed for suggesting to build through the draft. the garm is bi-polar.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You do not necessarily have to tank hard, play the young guys and let the chips fall where they may.

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.