1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15 games review

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bingfei236, Nov 25, 2008.

1. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

When ron atrtest joined rocket on the offseason, We're all excited to this coming season.

Base on we had 55win last season and part of that without yao, adding ron as 3rd scorer where we always want. we should be real contender for the NBA title. Here is review for the first 15 games of season

Team: 10- 5 record isn't that bad depite of tough early sechdule, but if you'have watched all 15 games, you can easily tell this team is far away from what they're capable.

First, the Big three have never played like a group of stars. the whole offense is struggled at times, especailly for ron, who have never shot below 40% of his career is shooting 38%. His defense is still there which is good before Battier is back. However, we all know only ron becomes a effient scorer into rocket system, then rocket became a "contender" topic is believeable.

second, coaching has become a issue. It is hard to say RA has a successful coach season last year.Even we made the history with 22 win in a row because we've not got out the first round. one thing concerns our fans is: where is smooth, high-entertaining ... offense he supposed to bring?
    this season, especialy for last 3 games, that is totally JVg's offense. It works, at least for the teams ,for yao... but if that is it, why we fired JVG at the first place. To me, RA has no experience coaching great center, and he is still learning.
    third, while our big three has issues on how to play together, our role players is playing good.Brook is suprisely good at the offense end, although he need to improve his decision sometimes.our power forward combo is abusolutly enough for a champion team. sometime we even feel it is waste because
    of limited play time.

Finally, our defense is still the key for our success, as usual. but, injuries are still big problem can hold

our team back. RA has done a better job limited yao and tmac's time. somehow, in my mind still believed yao or

tmac will go down( too bad).

Player reviews

Yao: He is such important for rocket team both offense and defense. one only i want to say, even yao gets injury, please make him ready for the playoffs.

Tmac: He is clearly downside of his career, but i think we don't need him be etile scorer anymore, like yao, health and confidence is key for him now.

Ron : even he is struggle at the offense end, he is still playing best of the big three. I am more suprised of his personality: this guy knows when to step back, when to step up. So far, ron is really good team player, very unselfish.

Scola: He got more chances on the beginning of the every games. his shooting at mid-range and free throw is improving. i still feel if we don't

add ron in, he could be a star in the NBA.

landry: what can i say? it is steal to sign him for 3m

Rafer : still our best PG for control the game, if he can limit his out of his mind 3, he is doing fine job.

Brook : give us new way to attack by his speed. shooting way better than rafer, but i wonder when our big three is really playing good together,

what we need more from him, points or assits?

Hays : same old hays with excellent defense and no offense, good enough

Barry : to me. another guy fit well into JVG'S system

note: this just personal oppions as old rocket fan from oversea

2. ILoveTheRockets

please exercise your right not to post.

3. pollaxt

pollaxt Contributing Member

The Jerk Store called...

4. fleshbody

fleshbody Member

appreciate your effort and courage to share the opinions with us. but...you may need to check the grammar and spelling before you post.
    wish you good luck and have a good time around here... ;)

5. Lovemachine2000

A solid analysis over all. Though it seems so far that Barry isn't fitting into the Adelman system well. Hopefully he'll get his shooting touch back.

6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

I would argue that Barry is fitting in just fine. He's getting the shots that the offense (and the doubling of Tracy and Yao) is supposed to create for him. He's just not knocking them down at the moment. As a career 41% three point shooter (and higher than that over the past 3 seasons), you have to believe that he'll come around at some point.

7. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

^^agreed. Brent has to keep shooting, the % will come around.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

you should take your own advice ...

9. killlogan

killlogan Member

I hated it, and still hate it when we ridicule other posters on their grammars and spellings. English is an international language which is widely being spoken by almost all the people around the world, we have our ways to speak that and they have theirs. Shall we force them all to speak English the way we do? Of course not. We are here because we are all rockets fans, we are sharing our opinions and suggestions about the rockets team. As long as we understand their meanings through their words, then that's very enough. However, sometimes I find our words are even less understandable than theirs. So I usually tend to use as easy grammars and words as possible, just to let all the members here understand what I wanna tell them.

The rockets are still not on the right place where they belong, but I'm confident that our team will prevail the trifles and prove themselves to be real warriors. We are now 10-5 which is able to rank us at the first place in the southwestern division. Besides the lakers who have just lost one game by now, we have the seacond best record as 10-5 and is leading in the southwestern division. And what's more precious is that we got this record through a tougher period than the other teams with the same record. The following games are gonna easier for us, especially after shane comes back. The regular season isn't the problem, the real question is how will we break up the 1st round?

Touches will be a lot tougher and much more frequent in the playoffs, especially in the paint. So the teams who have good centers are gonna play more enjoyably in the playoffs than those like suns (that's why they traded for shaq last season, but it doesn't help much). we have a pretty good center but his softness limits his talent. in fact, we don't have any tough beast like perkins on our roster list. Landry is tough and as athletic as a beast but he's also too undersized, no better for Hayes. Can we survive the first round with these big men? Negative. If we wanna win a series for the first time within this decade, we have to resort to a trade that can bring us a big beast who can share some dirty work with Hayes. PG problem deserves our attention but it's not the most pressing one at present, as we've managed to dig out brooks from the bench.

10. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

no one said fitting in a 3rd star during a difficult schedule would be easy, but we have the second best record in the west through it all thus far.

i'm really happy with how the team has been able to find ways to win even when the defense doesn't show up, or one of the stars doesn't show up. the depth of this team and the overall talent level is good enough to get us through the ups and downs of the season.

now as the season progresses its important to see the team defense tighten up to where it should be. my guess is shane battier will have a big affect on that sooner rather than later. we will also need to sign mutombo in order to shore up the interior defense. not having these two guys playing in the first 15 games is as far as you need to look when it comes to the defense not being where it should be.

the offensive chemistry (ball movement) will emerge as the guys get into a rhythm, most likely during this upcoming easy stretch of schedule, and with tmac missing some time and hopefully coming back healthier. his inconsistent, half injured play really hurts the offense at times.

11. leaveray

leaveray Member

Man, what's the big ****ing :mad: deal.

12. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Appreciate your effort and courage to share your opinions with us. But,you may need to check the grammar and spelling before you post.
    Wish you good luck and have a good time around here. ;)

13. crimmy88

crimmy88 Member

Brooks wont probably play with all of the big 3 together

14. killlogan

killlogan Member

can't thou change even one letter?
    The hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. Alvin hath no idea whom fleshbody was aimed at. Mr 236 is more diplomatic in English even than me in fact, and fleshbody is even more than 236. I have said more than times that I hate that some posters seize others errors all the times, on purpose to show that they were more intelligent. It's not a good thing to focus on others just to find faults on them. I don't like fleshbody's way with people by I have even more things against Alvin. No, I've nothing againest him personnally but the way he's with others. I can still remember the guy named Alvin Choo find faults on me time after time. I suggest Alvin not get his panties in a bunch. Even Shakespear made grammar errors sometimes, why the hell does this guy force us to speak English perfectly all the time?
    Find errors I've made in the words above, my boy. Your primary teacher is gonna treat you an ice-cream for your perfect spelling and correcting works.

15. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This team is not playing their best ball. Yet they are still on pace to win 55 games. And Battier has not played a single game. And Barry is in a big shooting slump. So I am not worried at this point. TMac needs to heal up. Just pray that we will be fairly healthy comes playoffs time.

16. hotblooded

hotblooded Member

I dont mind posters who make a conscious effort to post thought out posts even though it may not be grammatically correct. As long as most of it is readable I think its better than all of the kneejerking threads

I dont however like posters who use those translation programs, because no one understands those ridiculuos posts.

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

QFT

I can see progression each game and that's all I ask for. Well, that and for them not to fall back into bad habits every other game ;)

18. djimi

djimi Member

once Shane is back and T-Mac is back at full strength, i can feel a 10+ or maybe 20+ winning streak coming on!!

19. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I dont expect TMac to ever be at full strength again. All we can really hope for is him to play tough during the playoffs. No matter how much pain he is experiencing, he better bust his ass in the playoffs.

20. Trini Rocket

Trini Rocket Member

I don't really agree that the offense is clicking now because we are playing JVG ball. No one really knows exactly what Adelman's system is but it seems to exercise movement to create mismatches and open players. It seems like Adelman has gone away from the motion offense when Yao is in the game and gone to an inside outside system.

But there is still alot of ball movement unlike with JVG. Sometimes the ball swings around the perimeter before going into Yao so the ball can get to him easier. We are also reposting Yao more. Overall there just seems to be alot more passing to get the ball to the open man and exploit mismatches.

JVG ball was nothing like this. It was an ugly stagnant offensive system that consisted mainly of giving the ball to T-Mac and letting him create opportunities for everyone. That's why he became a "ball stopper" because he had to read the defense and see what it was giving him. We have come a long way from that, IMO.

I think Adelman deserves some credit with tweaking the system a little and incorporating the inside outside game and relying a little less on players making cuts etc. and Yao playing in the high post.