1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15 games in do we still luv WB?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 24, 2019.

?

How are you feeling about Westbrook?

1. I'm very happy with WB, I believe we can wing a championship with him.

36 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. WB is solid, not sure if we will win a ring, but WB helps

117 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. WB is terrible, we will never win a ring with him, he needs to go

69 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

fixed it for you
    [​IMG]
    it was 4 assiss (counting hockey assissts)
    2 rebounds and
    a steal during a
    1 minute 20 seconds period for a 9-0 rockets run
    I challenge you to find a more productive 1 minute period from any player

last year this was an 18 points swing if we do not get rebounds and dont score

hes adjusting to playing basketball the way he didnt play for a last decade... hes not the alpha here...your whole body and psyche changes.. and it affects everything....remember when you just wake up in the morning.. the most mundane things like walking or standing are hard for you....it takes time

how many times rockets fell during the mid fourth qurter and have lost the games cause of that?( the most recent example is san antonio)

and how about that most clutch layup in the end?
    insert russ flexing gif
    [​IMG]

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think you're cherry picking.
    While I work on this challenge, I want you to find another productive minute from Westbrook. lol

BeBreezy and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Solution: Play Westbrook as the backup center, and Hartenstein as the starting PG. :D

apollo33 and J Sizzle like this.
  4. thekad

thekad Member

Even I’m surprised by how bad he’s been. I figured he would play at least as good as CP3 in the regular season, then get exposed in the playoffs (again). Instead he’s been exposed almost immediately as soon as the season started.

napalm06 and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets value 3's, layups, efficient shot selection, and defense. Of those...Westbrook only provides layups, and this year he can't even do that well.

It was never going to work. Was obvious then and it's obvious now.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

7. smp

smp Member

I think this is pretty obvious. You can't just throw Westbrook out there and ask him to do what Harden does. Or even what CP3 did. That was never going to work and it never will work.

For instance, I wouldn't trade Capela for Kevin Love and run the same offense. It makes no sense.

If we weren't looking for a change in the way we play, then why did they make the trade?

BeBreezy and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm going to repeat myself just in case you guys didn't read my post in paragraph form.

Corey Sewer's historically bad 2015-2016 season:

FG: 38%
    3P: 27%
    FGA: 6.7
    3PA: 2.7
    EFG: .439
    On/Off offensive rating: -3.9
    Assist to turnover ratio: 1.40

Russell Westbrook averages this season:

FG: 39%
    3P: 21%
    FGA: 20.1
    3PA: 5.4
    EFG: .428
    On/Off offensive rating: -8.4
    Assist to turnover ratio: 1.60

He's a much better rebounder than Corey. He's also a better passer but his assist to turnover ratio is only marginally better. His defense is vastly inferior.

Conclusion: IF YOU BASHED COREY YOU BETTER BE BASHING WESTBROOK. WESTBROOK IS PLAYING ON A COREY BREWER LEVEL WHILE TAKING 3 TIMES AS MANY SHOTS PER GAME

9. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Austin Rivers is definitely making good plays against 4 on 3s. So is Clemons.

Harden gave the team a g-league level defense to exploit by getting doubled and Westbrook came up with 30 bricks and turnovers. He is awful.

10. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

So many guys in the NBA could play better than Russ in his spot. There are tons of backups better.

Tyus Jones, Monte Morris, Goran Dragic, George Hill, Dennis Schroeder, Alex Caruso, Rondo, Lou Williams, TJ McConnell.

It’s so easy to do better than 47 TS% with a 7/4.5 ast/tov ratio, ESPECIALLY when attacking 4 on 3s.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

$40 million dollars for this

Williamson likes this.
  12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Vastly disagree that his defense is vastly inferior, his shooting is just as bad, that is the only comparison here to be made. You didn't show his defensive rating for a reason after all. That year Brewer's DBPM was -1.0, Westbrook's is at 1.0 right now. By most metrics Westbrook is a better defensive player than Brewer, his defense this year hasn't even been bad.

Otherwise, Corey Brewer isn't a fraction as fast with Westbrook, isn't a fraction of the playmaker he is or scorer, isn't a fraction of a rebounder he is...

Brewer isn't even in the same universe as Westbrook here, come on man, even the way Westbrook is playing now is vastly VASTLY superior to Brewer. The game is more than shooting.

I mean the hate here is waaaaaaaaaaaay too much to be comparing him to Corey f'n Brewer. If you polled an NBA fansite and asked if they would rather have Corey Brewer or Westbrook I'm 100% certain that Westbrook would get 98% of the vote with 2% of the votes being trolls.

You can't just go "He's a much better rebounder than Corey..." and poo poo that stat, much better? No, he's probably one of the best guard rebounders in the history of the NBA.

Those rebounds he got at the end of the game were actually huge moments in the game. The whole "Anyone could have gotten them..." Yes, the other team could have, and how many times have we seen us give up an offensive rebound to give up a 3? Last night, it was us that got the offensive rebound and got the 3.

13. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I love it.

People are still clinging.

And shifting blame to anyone and everyone other than Wesbrook himself.

It’s beginning to reach LOF level denial.

This guy is the dumbest player. Possibly ever. There likely has never been a bigger gap between how good a player thinks he is and how good he actually is.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Also, one other thing, everyone going on about Westbrook's turnovers are huge hypocrites about it.

I'm calling you all out because Harden averages more turnovers than Westbrook!

And he doesn't have the excuse of it being on a new team, he's just doing his usual old thing where he throws lazy passes that the defense sees coming.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

WOW - did not realize he was BREWER BAD!!!

And with a 40m anchor of a contract.

DD

16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

The opposite is true of you. You're shifting ALL of the blame to Westbrook.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Usage rates for Harden are much higher - and he is much more efficient at Basketball.

Westbrook is broken, he basically SUCKS - Brewer level.....SMDH.

DD

18. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

The leader of the WOFs seems to have risen.

Keep denying, deflecting and trying to somehow compare him to Harden.

The LOF way.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Please, I'm a rocket fan, I'm not blind to the fault of players, blaming Westbrook for literally every single thing including other guys missing shots and fumbling passes.

You had people int he SAS game thread blaming Westbrook for losing the game when Harden went into step back 3 mode while the rest of the team watched him.

You had people ignoring the assists Westbrook made to get Tucker his threes and the effort he put in to make key plays because of the narrative.

I've denied nothing here and now we have people seriously comparing his game to Corey Brewer, an NBA scrub that can barely get minutes...to an all-star player...

I'm here because people take things too far.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

I don’t think anyone compared his game to Sewer.

They are comparing his impact to winning to the likes of Sewer.

And Westbrook’s impact to winning this year has been terrible. Sewer and Lin at his worst level bad. And he makes max money!!

And all you wanna do is deny it and shift blame. And talk about the 1 or 2 things he is good at like those somehow make up for the heaps of terrible things he brings. Trust me they don’t.

It’s ALL on Westbrook. No coach has ever said alright Russ go out there and play like you suffered brain damage as a child. But that’s what he does.