1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

15 games in do we still luv WB?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Nov 24, 2019.

?

How are you feeling about Westbrook?

1. I'm very happy with WB, I believe we can wing a championship with him.

36 vote(s)
    16.2%
  2. WB is solid, not sure if we will win a ring, but WB helps

117 vote(s)
    52.7%
  3. WB is terrible, we will never win a ring with him, he needs to go

69 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

15 more games in and people will realize our window closed when Cp3 got hurt in g6.

The only team we had to beat were the all-time great KD Warriors but Morey failed us year after year and now their era is over and so is ours. The only difference is their stars are all injured so they will be rewarded with a lottery pick and Harden isn't.

2. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah. I didn't mean to insinuate McHale was better, just pointing out Pringles hasn't done more than him with Houston. Keep in mind MDA has had better players and a better version of Harden. Perhaps Mike deserves some credit for James' improvement, but it's been the same offense and offense is his specialty. Last year was a golden opportunity for the Rockets with Durant going down, but we ended up 0-2 in games he didn't finish.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep, the window closed last year, that's why I'm not that mad at the trade.

Not only did we lose to the Warriors, but we also lost to the Warriors without Durant!

Maybe we are better right now with CP3 just on chemistry alone but what would be the point?

Once we struck out on Butler there really was little hope for this team. People should go back and look at those threads and how down people were about the team then, we knew, I feel most of us, that this team was just treading water at that point.

I do believe that with Butler AND CP3 we'd be miles better now but its a moot point. Butler chose Miami instead of Houston and left us to make a rather desperate move but at the very least I believe it did open our window and I also think it's unfair to be too harsh on the duo now, they haven't even had 20 games and we're ready to bury them and its clear they are still getting used to sharing the court and team together.

4. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

You are amazingly dense and logic proof. You’re so illogical it melts around you. No critical thinking skills and a dim understanding of basketball to top it off.

You simplify things into little uncomplicated absolutes if takes even the slightest nuance to understand it. Oh well your problem not mine.

5. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll take Westbrook over Paul. He's more fun to watch, scores more points, gets twice as many rebounds, more assists, plays hard every game, and gets along with James. Also, he will probably play 20 more games than Paul did for us, which makes a big difference. We only got 58 games out of Paul both years, and gave away a whole lot for an injury plagued player who spent too much time cheering from the sideline.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  6. JackLordsHair66

Last years CP3 looked cooked but the Russ trade w/ picks associated just was a bad move imo. Russ isn’t going to get us where we need to go with the rest of this mediocre bench. Love he fact that Clint has come on a bit this year but he’s not going to be a 20ppg scorer, has questionable hand sometimes and is soft at times defensively, so that leaves us Russ and James and I’m not sold on the style we play when we don’t adapt to the way an opponent is playing (specifically how they are guarding Harden) and how we defend... yesterday’s game showed me this team just doesn’t have what it takes to go toe to toe with the better team in both conferences. I fully expect with their bench Miami is going to lay another ass whipping on us :(

7. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

If everyone around Harden doesn't start finding more ways to score that is a real big probability unfortunately. Ugh, it's just not looking good lately. The last game was the first time all year I just switched the channel before the half simply because it was embarassing to watch.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  8. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I’ve said for years no team can win a ring with Russ. I thought Hardens greatness would bring the best out of him but obviously his dumb decisions are still there. I’m not giving up on it completely but if he doesn’t start using his brain there’s no way we can beat the elite teams in a 7 game series

tycoonchip likes this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol, you are disproven false in the very first part of the post you made and now you do the usual "I have nothing to say so I'll just insult the poster," tactic to feel good about yourself.

I'm sorry you took this so personally. Mature a little bit and come back at me when you've done so.

#69 JayGoogle, Nov 25, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
    J.R. likes this.
  10. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

You could have either loved or hated WB before the 15 games and your opinion need not have changed.

If you had to wait for 15 games then you have not really watched him closely over the years.

BaselineFade, J Sizzle and javal_lon like this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

A lot of people thought Melo would change when he played with Harden and Paul. Well, the only thing he changed was the willingness to come off the bench. But he did not change the way he played the game. I don't expect Westbrook to change the way he plays the game.

Westbrook is exactly what he is expected to be. He is the exact player he has always been, the exact player we have been dissing all these years. I am not going to change how I see him just because he wears the Rockets jersey now. The only difference is that he looks to have lost a little bit of his athleticism. That's what I worry most.

12. JackLordsHair66

I fully expect it and I’m not absolving James here his performance in he Mavs game looked eerily like he first the few games he kept shooting he 3 and missing badly and shot us out of the game when they had all but tied into up. His stubbornness bother me sometimes and I’m sure I’m going to be flamed for this opinion but he has days where he just doesn’t want to do the best thing to win imo. Yes he needs the bench players to contribute something but he less by example and that wasn’t how we got back into the game

deb4rockets likes this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Hot take: come March, no one will be wishing that we got Butler and CP3 instead of Westbrook (and kept our entire team basically, which outside of House, Clark, iHart, Clemons etc would have been traded or waived to make Butler's salary fit). Westbrook will gel with the team and give us Thunder and Lightning some time around January. We might not be the 1 seed but we'll remain top 3.

deb4rockets likes this.
  14. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Over 70% still aboard the Brodie train, down over 20% from the last poll, but still relatively high. Interesting.

The do we luv WB series, to be continued as the season ages.

deb4rockets likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Melo is older and worse but he wasn't given much of a chance. Why sign him in the first place when he is only to play 10 games?

Those signings of former star power just for the sakes of having washed up stars is maddening.

The Rocks never cared about his reputation around the league, actually they ruined part of it.

Back to WB, not sure what is up with his dislocated fingers, but missing layups now, it did not look good.
    If he can't finish in traffic, then he lost one of his star abilities.

#75 daywalker02, Nov 26, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
    Easy likes this.
  16. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Never liked him on the Thunder, and after after a few misleading games to start the year he's the same player here. If we had to be grossly overpaying a second star player, CP3 and picks was the less bad option.

Unless Westbrook unexpectedly turns this around, it will negatively effect Hardens legacy for me as well. He wanted to play with his buddy instead of the guy that was a little harder to deal with but a much better fit for the team.

YOLO likes this.
  17. bmelo

bmelo Member

Westbrook is proven mvp caliber player. Tell me what adjustments we made to utilize his strenghts? None. Problem is every avaible coach will be Hardens puppet just like pringels. Try to telling James he needs to play differently when he is putting out those numbers

deb4rockets likes this.
  18. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

It's sad to say, but we better get used to these head scratching trades.

I truly think this franchise is on a nose dive right into the ground with the new owner.

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

That's the one thing James does that has never changed. It is where he has not grown as a professional, team player, and leader, and what I never see changing. The coach doesn't care and neither does James. I will never agree with that philosophy. It's even more frustrating when he does it in close games and we lose, and others were red hot. He has done that too many times in the past. That is just his ego overriding any common sense in his brain.

He can score more than anyone in the league, but when one player bricks 10 or more 3's I say your plan and decision making isn't very smart. That's 30 or more lost points from one player. Add those to the highest amount of turnovers and that's a whole lot of points. So yeah, I agree, James, as our leader and MDA as the coach who lets him be a pig on bad nights, can certainly both be held accountable for losses as well.

20. thekad

thekad Member

Morey needs to see if another owner is as dumb as Tilman and try to flip him for any decent haul. Gordon/Aminu/Augustin or Griffin/Rose or Covington/Teague/picks.

tycoonchip likes this.