1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

#15 and KT for...........????????

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by RNuss02, May 9, 2002.

Tags:
  1. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

Seriously, what is the absolute highest draft pick we could acquire by trading the #15 draft pick, KT, and maybe someone like Collier?

Also, what caliber, or specific young veteran players could we trade for (the best we could possibly get) using the same bait as above?

2. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

There are only 3 teams with enough cap room to take KT's contract on draft day without the Rockets taking another contract in return - Clipps, Bulls & Wizards.

Will the Bulls give up their pick? Not a chance. And KT and the pick may be too much to pay for the Wiz's #11. Unless Tskitishvili is there but then I doubt the Wiz pass on him. Plus the Wiz have a few PF's of their own (Laettner, Etan Thomas, Popeye Jones).

There are too many scenarios with the Clipps so let's wait until after the order is finalized.

All other teams will need to ship a player to balance out the contracts. I took a quick look and there didn't appear to be any possibilities with those other teams. Again, there are so many variables it is probably best to wait.

3. DearRock

DearRock Contributing Member

Agreed Gater, but Woods and Stoudamire looking real good now. I see some scenarios with Wagner, Jefferies and Butler dropping big time.

4. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

How about:
    #15 + KT + Collier FOR Doleac + #6 pick

How about:
    KT + Collier FOR Gatling + #10 pick

How about:
    KT + #15 pick FOR Haywood + #11 pick

All work via RealGM

5. VARocketsFan

VARocketsFan Member

I would love to pick up a guy like Brendan Haywood. He's tough, got swagger, and brings it every night and could probably even start over Cato in a year or two. I would definitely send KT and the 15 to Washington for the 11 and Haywood. And let the record state that this is the deepest draft I've seen in years and is definitely not the year to ship that pick to the Grizz.

6. VARocketsFan

VARocketsFan Member

Although, now that I've posted that and I think about it, why would Washington send us a center who has far more potential than Jahidi White and will probably take his job someday for a PF, when they already have Thomas, Jones, Laettner, and Brown? Doesn't seem likely. Damn.

7. VARocketsFan

VARocketsFan Member

Damn, and now that I think about that, Washington would have a sweet lineup playing KT at the 3.

Whitney/Lue
    Hamilton/Alexander
    KT/Jordan (??)
    Brown/Thomas/Jones
    Haywood/White

That's solid and would give them a big lineup with good reserves in Lue, Alexander, and Thomas. Ignore my post before this one.

8. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Desrert Scar -

RealGM has a minor flaw. It does not recognize that FA's can not be part of draft day trades. Doleac is a Qualifying Offer FA and can not be traded until after the July 18th signing date. This is also true for the Clipps' Olowokandi & also Rashard Lewis (Player Option).

I am 100% sure of the above.

I think the same is true for Chris Gatling although there may be a difference as he is a Team Option this summer. For the sake of discussion, let's say it is possible.

If you were Pat Riley, given that you already had Brian Grant at PF and concerns about Zo's health - how inclined would you be to pass on Borchardt, Marcus, Stoudamire, Ely, or Hilario at 10 when none of them will likely be there at 15?

I am intrigued by the Haywood prospect and I would do it.

9. Greg M

Greg M Member

I've got a deal to get the Heat's pick. Like I've said before the Heat would love to get Moochie Norris to start over Carter and House. So we swap the #10 and #15 while sending Moochie for Ellis and cap filler in Allen or Brown. Trade accepted.

10. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I would like to get the heats pick as well even if we have to take a long term sacrifice in contracts for a guy like Stoudamire. We could trade a guy like Rice who has 2 years left for one of there long term nightmares along with our 15 for their ten and pick up Stoudamire.