1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

14/15 Golden State Warriors among top 5 of the Greatest teams in NBA history, according to ELO, r u

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by texanrocket1989, May 22, 2015.

1. texanrocket1989

2. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets 94 team is 100+ on this list.

3. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Not sure what this article has to do with ESPN, but the Warriors crushed it in perhaps the most competitive conference ever. It's not a stretch to consider them one of the greatest teams ever if they win the championship.

4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Which would make it even sweeter if the Cavs, Rockets, or Hawks win it all.

5. houseofglass21

If the Rockets can't pull off this series, the Cavs will take them. Lebron is just too good.

6. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

I don't click on links anymore.
    That said, will they still rank amongst top 5 teams ever(LOL)when they lose in 7?

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Yes, as much as I hate to admit it, it would be true. But there is zero unless they win the championship- no one remembers the losers.

Although I could not prove it statistically, I would put any type of money on the following teams beating them:

1. 80s Celtics
    2. 80s Lakers
    3. 90s Bulls
    4. 90s Rockets
    5. 00s Lakers
    6. 00s Spurs
    7. 10s Heat

Totally unscientific and speculative, just my gut feel.

I will also say that it will probably be the first team in nearly 20 years where I could care less if they win it all. For every other team, there was at least one player for whom I sincerely enjoyed seeing them win it all- Duncan, Nowitzski, Lebron James, Pau Gasol, Ray Allen with the Celtics, etc. I feel absolutely nothing for this team- I would actually feel glad for the Clippers b/c I think Chris Paul has earned it- same with the Grizzlies and Zach Randolph, etc.

I feel nothing for the Warriors- there is not one player on that team for whom I feel- hey, he finally got a ring...- like, none. I don't hate them, per se, just won't enjoy seeing them win the 'ship if they do b/c I feel less for them than any champion.

Like, when you watch this clip, there is at least one player, if not more, on those teams that I am genuinely happy for:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/CM8FCqArX3U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#7 dandorotik, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  8. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

**** golden state warriors for life. they are bunch cheaters. and they think they really good, without the refs help, they aint ****

9. texanrocket1989

What really ticks me off, is that they r not even in the Finals yet, and they r already crowning them, and seriously they put them 4th all time of the greatest teams of all time, that is just sickening to me. These Warriors wouldn't even crack my top 20

10. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

It's just a statistic. Stop getting your jimmies rustled.

11. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

ROFL, I hope they lose in 6! Haha

12. a711

a711 Member

Sorry - but this one isn't about BSPN bias or something.

Statistically - the GSW put up one of the best regular seasons EVER

For them to have as great of an offense as they did while having a ridiculously elite all time great defense AT THE SAME TIME?

Sorry - got to hand it to them.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

LOL, am I the only one who thinks this is starting to resemble ESPN propping up the 2005 USC Trojans, saying they were one of the best college football teams of all-time and debated if they would beat any of the previous champions, only for this USC team to get "upset" by Vince Young and the Texas Longhorns?

God, it would be such a gratifying feeling for the Rockets to eliminate this over-hyped team.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

And yet Harden just put up 38 points, 9 assists, and just 2 turnovers on this all time great defense. :grin:

15. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

Analytics

how can you argue with that, given our GM?

16. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, great analysis, loved watching horns run over the Trojans, the ****ing announcers literally thought they were on the team too... it would be so epic if houston just crushed them, ESPN would cry.

17. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Does it count if the NBA helped them there? :rolleyes:

18. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

That's what the NBA refs have done all season long on both sides of the ball.

19. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I don't think any of the teams this year are historic type of teams.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

The refs helped the Lakers, the Bulls, basically every team on that list...allowed the Bad Boy Pistons to commit flagrants for personal fouls etc.