1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

12-26-09 Weekend Dime - Arenas for McGrady Mention

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaxwithanx, Dec 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

http://proxy.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime/_/page/dime-091126-27/weekend-dime-first-trimester-awards

Not really earth shattering, but thought it deserved it's own thread perhaps...merge if needed.

2. herro

herro Member

It's wishful thinking to even ponder Arenas for McGrady, and even then it's a serious risk taking on Gilbert's $.

3. Aznoob

Aznoob Member

I dunno why the writer would even bring it up.

1. Our PG rotation is very solid
    2. Arena's contract
    3. We could deal McGrady for better goodies.

4. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Arenas and Brendan Haywood for McGrady sounds good, and works salary-wise.

That's about as close as their coming to TMac.

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

No friggin' thank you. Don not want that headcase or his contract.

6. herro

herro Member

I think these guys are figuring Arenas moves to the 2 in Houston and Ariza moves to the 3. He's got combo guard size @ 6'4" and he's not shy about taking shots that's for sure.

7. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Well its the end of December so I guess we all should get ready and prepared for these crazy rumors.

Why would the rockets do this?? seriously. At least McGrady is willing to pass the ball. Arenas hmmmm.. sure. We have Brooks and Lowry. One of them would have to be included.

Rockets don't need a point guard. Aaron Brooks can be our Arenas. Why do this trade??

If DM read this article he probably would get a good chuckle out of it.

8. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Well he addresses your last two points in the article, more or less. And he is only reporting what he has heard, that's why he brought it up, not that it would be a good idea or something.

9. jaxwithanx

jaxwithanx Member

Agreed. I think that is what would be the case, he is only a PG in Washington because....well....who else would be?

I'm not saying I think it is a great deal or has serious legs, but I do believe a lot of people here put McGrady's EC at a little too high of value than it truly represents.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Arenas is injured,mentally and physically.Don't like his contract either.

I liked him before he got hurt despite his shoot first pass second game, and I condoned his defensive limitations to a certain degree,because of his fighting nature. I don't want him now.

11. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

Arenas has one of the worst contracts in the league. I wouldn't trade for him even they included a pick of any other two players on their roster.

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

McGrady for the 6'-4" McGrady. And to think Arenas even signed for a little LESS than what he could have gotten.

13. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

we have so many other mcgrady threads.

the article states very clearly that it is Washington who instigated what little talks there were, and it isn't even clse to being something the Rockets woudl do.

gonna go ahead and lock it for irrelevancy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.