1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[11/28/12] Parsons out with shoulder injury

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Nov 28, 2012.

1. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Seems to me this team does a good job with developing players so i don't see the criticism. I mean morris couldn't do much of anything right last season and look at him today.

Motiejunas needs to develop and there is no point in throwing games this early in the season by putting a rookie on a 2 time scoring champ and arguably the 2nd best player in the league. Not only would it shake motiejunas's confidence but think about the criticism the coaching staff would receive.

Motiejunas is the best bet to guard KD because he is tall? I understand we want results from our rookies now, give them time; the Rockets are really good at developing and scouting players so when they say Donatus is not ready for the NBA, i believe them. Let them work through d-league to further develope there game and come out next year strong (like Morris).

2. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

[​IMG]

3. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

The pray-to-Jesus was what Douglas said about Lillard's shots in the first game (?) against Portland, in late 4Q and OT. Of course, those went in.

He doesn't realize he's a worse offender, by far, and shouldn't be in a position to offend.

4. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Douglas is not a PG. He can't create and can't make play. He's a good spot up shooter though. Should be used that way.

It's funny if you are small and can dribble reasonably well, you are automatically used as a PG.

5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Does Toney Douglas remind anyone else of a more muscular version of...

[​IMG]

6. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Would've been sweet to see what fight we would've put up with Parsons healthy...oh well

Utah game on Saturday is an almost must-win already with our conference record and who we'll be fighting with for playoff spots

7. BeeBeard

BeeBeard Member

We really need a "Toney Douglas is a career undersized 2 who can simply guard point guards and maybe not even well at that we're kind of unsure" stickied FAQ to clear up any confusion about his role.

8. RocketSat

RocketSat Member

Bone bruise takes a long time to heal! Parsons probably is suffering excruciating pain right now. Chandler Bang is indispensible for the team and he is the best option to guard opponents' top scorers. But we need him long-term. Rockets is paying him peanuts now so please don't work him to death. If it is really bone bruise with MRI, please give him at least a month to heal before playing him!

9. Grigori

Grigori Member

It's to the point where I see 2:00 left in a quarter and Lin goes to the bench and Douglas goes in, I expect a 0-10 swing against the Rockets in those 2:00. The sad thing is, in most cases that's not that far from what actually happens.

10. nono

nono Member

His plus/minus was -15 in just 11 minutes of game time ! If you remember the last game McHale coached Douglas wasn't even in the rotation and I suspect it will return to being that way when he comes back.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not really. Luther was more of a shorter Budinger. TD is better on the dribble drive, which i know isn't saying much...unless you are referring to their attitude/personality?

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Chandler Parsons' MRI confirmed right shoulder strain. He will be listed as day-to-day.</p>&mdash; Jason Friedman (@JasonCFriedman) <a href="https://twitter.com/JasonCFriedman/status/274336230483845120" data-datetime="2012-11-30T02:17:08+00:00">November 30, 2012</a></blockquote>
    <script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. mr. 13 in 33

mr. 13 in 33 Member

MRI on Chandler Parson's right shoulder confirmed a right shoulder strain. He is listed as day-to-day. Sat out Wednesday in OKC.

14. pnr

pnr Member

Is that worse than a bone bruise?

15. lfw

lfw Rookie

Hope Parsons comes back soon. He's the best 3 point shooter on the team right now and he really helps open up the floor for Harden and Lin to drive. Plus, he's the 3rd best playmaker after Harden and Lin and a very good defender. I have enjoyed watching him play.

16. just a word

just a word Member

Not a dr, but google says that shoulder sprains are soft tissue (ie. strain = muscles/tendon, whereas sprain = ligaments/bone connectors), which should heal faster than bone bruises (which are anywhere from weeks to months).

Still though, not sure we'd see him against the Jazz/Lakers, or if we do I wouldn't be surprised to see him rest against the Spurs.

17. just a word

just a word Member

aw crud:
    Patrick Patterson ✔ @pdpatt
    What is THE best medicine for nasal congestion and runny nose? #help

18. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So, when is the microfracture scheduled?

19. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Bone bruises usually take longer to recover than shoulder strains. It didn't seem serious since he played the rest of the game. That was a good sign. I doubt he will play the Jazz game or the next few games. Maybe he will be back in two weeks.

20. Midixinormous

Midixinormous Member

Motiejunas at SF????

Seriously? :rolleyes: