1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can Embiid and the Sixers hold off elimination in Game 5? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[10th ANNIVERSARY] Tracy McGrady: 13 points in 35 seconds 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Lol I was 12 when this awesomeness took place, I was watching this game with my uncle who fell asleep in the 4th qtr. and when T-mac hit the game winner I jumped so high I almost hit my head on the ceiling and scared the **** out of my uncle who almost fell off the couch lol. I ran outside screaming like a maniac and my friend who lived next door also came outside and we started doing cartwheels and flips in the front yard, and this old guy walking his dog said passing by screamed "I can't believe we won!"

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Tmac was twice the leader James Harden is.

3. Sajan

Sajan Member

Love or hate the guy but you have to admit this was just awesome to watch.

It gives me chills every time!

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

how low is your ceiling?

5. marky :)

marky :) Member

As low as Lin's

2 people like this.
  6. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

IDk, 8-9 ft?? It was a townhouse, but I had mad hopz back then! :grin: I started playing b-ball because of T-Mac, I would make a make-shift leg-sleeves by cutting out the bottom of dress socks lol I still to this day have the all blue T-mac 2's in my closet along with the black & white T-mac 4's. The quality of those shoes are way better than most b-ball kicks now a days.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

the all blue t-mac 2's were his all-star shoes that year. those were SICK. :eek:

8. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Haha yeah, they were shiny as hell when they were new. I had the red T-mac 3's also but unfortunately they got worn out. I remember Mac rocking the Blue one on foot and the Red one on the other in the 2004 All star game, dude was/is a G.

[​IMG]

9. Wommy

Wommy Member

That is sweet. Warms my heart.

10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I have grown to HATE how James Harden can't score 13 points in 35 seconds

11. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I'm with you breh! That was/is amazing!

Off-topic: Did you see how Pops got in Ginobilis face? There was/is no denying who is in charge!

MOORIES I'm talking to YOU!!!

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

Gosh damn. I still get goosebumps every time I see that video. Just incredible

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He lead them to many first round exits

14. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

Well, they both have something in common...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/j41c2edMits" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1QgPszT6iG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Damn I can't believe it's been 11 years. I remember watching this game like it was yesterday.

16. omgTHEpotential

I think he can. I mean, he could definitely draw 7 fouls in 35 seconds. That would be what, 14 free-throws? If he makes 13 of those, there it is.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

nice man! i had the blue t-mac 3's. i should have bought both the blue and red ones so i could rock them like he did in the all-star game!

one of my other friends actually did that, lol. so sick.

18. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Damn I love Harden (at times) but hes no where near tmac.

I think tinman hates players for the reason that the fans put said players above the TEAM.
    With that said even tinman cannot deny that Harden is a worse two way player next to Tracy.

McGrady has the Toronto game? well Harden has the Nets game? Detroit game? Knicks game? Im sure there is about 5 other games i can throw in just from this season.

The terrible thing is, is that this won't even be a discussion if Harden plays the way we know he can like last season. He just does not have any fire at all.

Now if we talk about the Harden that we saw last year then that Harden destroys Tmac in many areas including leadership.

19. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'll give tmac one thing, he probably wouldn't go for lamar odoms sloppy seconds

20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Check out Horry's glare at Pop too haha. There was a little bit of unrest there, from what my SA friends were telling me back then. It went away with winning and once Manu started playing like a star, but Pop used to destroy Manu on a frequent basis for his showboating and flashy but risky passes.