1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[10th ANNIVERSARY] Tracy McGrady: 13 points in 35 seconds 12/9/2004

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SwoLy-D, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Even though I agree with you, it is idiotic to compare previous players to current ones because they each had different casts and different league talents in the league. I will agree James is a better leader-only when he wants to be (which is what i hate about him)

You also have to give more of the credit to everybody else in the lac series, not just James.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

that's true, however Harden is our best player, we wouldn't be in that position if he didn't have that stellar season.

Tmac never had a season like that as a Rocket.

But I do blame James Harden because he's our best player and leader so he gets the majority of it for this season.

But the Tmac fans never say it's fault, even though everything in his career is his fault. He's responsible for himself like you are responsible for yourself.

All player only fans think their idols have no faults

3. 92i

92i Member

Yao led us to the second round once, that gives him a pass for getting destroyed by Boozer in '07 ?

Let's be clear here, I love Yao as much as the next guy, but I don't get why he is almost worshipped on this board while T-Mac is hated by the majority. I remember the Toronto game too, but come on, the guy gave everything he had in those playoff series, our team just sucked.

4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yao showed that he was all about his team, notice how Yao never played for anyone else besides the Rockets

Tracy McGrady goes around Orlando and Toronto wishing he never left.

In the entire history of the NBA, Tracy McGrady does not get a 'it's not his fault' pass. No one does.

LeBron James and Allen Iverson led much less talented teams to the NBA Finals.

And the rest of the world was not making excuses for McGrady losing in the first round. They were actually realizing that there were better players who were better leaders and more durable than Tmac.

5. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

^^^ Iverson's path to a championship was hindered with really bad 'illegal' officiating against him. Yao, despite some horrid treatment, would have had a better chance of winning it all than Iverson in the Finals.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Quit using hypothetical situations. Focus on the facts and what actually happened.

Example: Yao DID get owned by Boozer. :(

7. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

8. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

All true Rockets fans do. That's why the city of Houston and all Rockets fans voted T-Mac to the Rockets All-Decade team of the 2000's.

T-Mac is forever a Rockets legend. This is an undeniable fact. :cool:

9. Teddy

Teddy Member

who digged this out ..

10. the shark

the shark Member

Making the All-Decade team of the "2000's" makes him a Rockets legend?:eek:

The same Decade where they got out of the 1st rd of the playoffs ONCE, and McGrady had NO part in making that happen?

1 person likes this.