1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

100 Most Unexpected TV Moments

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by vwiggin, Dec 1, 2005.

1. The Ming Dynasty

The Ming Dynasty Contributing Member

You are kidding right? :mad: :mad: :mad: I've never been as furious I was when that friggin' car chase was on and they played it instead of playing Game 5 of the NBA FINALS vs. the Knicks in '94. I was going to A&M at the time and unlike Houston where they at least split the screen and showed the game on half - they completely blocked out the game and only showed the damn chase. :mad:

I had to sit out in my driveway listening to the friggin' radio since NBC decided that the friggin' car chase was more important than the Rockets in their first Championship series ever. :mad:

OJ should have been convicted if for nothing more than making me miss most of game 5. :mad:

That car chase is absolutely one of the worst memories of my life, and I didn't even kill anyone. :mad:

2. glad_ken

glad_ken Contributing Member

What about James being killed in a car accident on Good Times??? Dammm, dammm, dammm, dammm!!!!

3. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Please, even the most hard core Rocket fan was utterly engrossed by that chase ~ you'll never convince me otherwise.

4. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

actually, that was their third championship series. they made it in '80 and '86.

how about when they announced if Juice was guilty or not guilty.

Ellen saying she was gay. I don't know why that popped in my head.

JFK jr's plane crashing into the Atlantic.

How come Canseco gets the nod for his homerun thing over the Pistons/Pacers malice at the Palace?

How about Andy Kaufman/Jerry Lawler/Dave Letterman.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

"As God as my witness...I thought turkeys could fly." :D

Seriously, I don't remember about 95 of those "moments" not because I didn't see them, but because they were no big deal. What an odd list.

6. francis 4 prez

francis 4 prez Contributing Member

while i was definitely interested, i also remember really badly wanting them to go back to the game. granted, i was only 13 at the time, but i still wanted the game more.

as others have mentioned, 9/11, ruby, challenger, etc should've been on the list. OJ's verdict also should be on there. i didn't see it on tv but our teacher actually let us listen to the verdict on the radio. i remember knowing they would say not guilty but still realizing how huge it was listening to it.

and how does madonna's "like a virgin" at the first vma's not make it but the courtney love thing with her does? that performance seems to always make lists about most famous things on tv.

and where was vernon maxwell makes a 3 to seal houston's first pro championship. come on, that was huge.

7. KellyDwyer

KellyDwyer Contributing Member

Just saw #3 the other day, it was awesome.

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

Dean scream? WTF. I can't believe that cost the guy the nomination. It wasn't that bad.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

French tv wins hands down.

"If ever there was one moment when Wayne 'Buck' Shelford embedded his name forever into rugby history, it was during the infamous 'Battle of Nantes' in 1986. Playing only his second Test for the All Blacks against a physically intimidating French side, Shelford found himself at the bottom of a ruck.

An errant Les Bleus stud found its way to his groin, where it somehow managed to tear his scrotum, leaving one testicle hanging out. Cue girlish squeals from men worldwide. But not Shelford. He calmly instructed the physio to stitch him up. The French public looked on as an over-eager cameraman filmed the 'surgery', while Shelford entered rugby folklore when he returned to the field and carried on playing. He eventually left the field early for another injury. "

10. vwiggin

vwiggin Contributing Member

If the first nutsack injury didn't stop him, I'd hate to find out what his second, more serious injury was. :eek:

11. Major Malcontent

Major Malcontent Contributing Member

I honestly was screaming at the TV to go back to the Rockets coverage. I watched a total of <20 minutes of OJ trial coverage the entire seemed like 3 years it was news.

If this makes me a head in the sand neanderthal so be it.

12. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

Sorry, you couldn't be more wrong. Me and my buddies were yelling "Kill yourself already!!! The game is on!!!".

13. mateo

mateo Contributing Member

I never watched a minute of it, but I heard the verdict on 740am when driving back from lunch. You had better things to do with your life back then. I know I did.

14. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I was joking that if he did it, the blood would splatter and spell, "Go Rockets" on the Bronco's window. I was a 17-year old idiot. :)